The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #3161
IMJ
Emperor

I had hoped that immediately past Christmas the flow of packages would sort of open up a bit, but I guess we are in for delays in the long haul.

I might put all buying on the back burner for a while. All it takes is one issue with a package to be out a lot of money, which sucks a lot because I do a lot of selling.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #3162
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I had hoped that immediately past Christmas the flow of packages would sort of open up a bit, but I guess we are in for delays in the long haul.
It will take some time. Some USPS sort centers were running up to 2 weeks behind, so we're still within that window where they'll need time to clear Christmas volume.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:53 AM   #3163
italianice388
Stone Warrior

at this point, have we determined when neca reps stock target? any trends in time or day of week?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #3164
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
at this point, have we determined when neca reps stock target? any trends in time or day of week?
In my area, they don't. The stores just get the stock and put it out themselves.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:59 AM   #3165
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
In my area, they don't. The stores just get the stock and put it out themselves.
Same thing with my local Target. Target employees put it out. Usually the ones in the electronics area of the store the first part of the open hours. What I am curious about is dates of arrival and not just getting lucky.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #3166
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
The store here routinely claims "Friday, check on friday".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:59 AM   #3167
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I haven't noticed any consistent day of the week here, but, outside of finding Splinter and Baxter on Christmas Eve, I've only ever found them when I pop in after work (around 6pm), so I feel like they get stocked later in the day, but I'm sure it varies by location. What I'm most curious about is whether or not all Targets get at least SOME of all the product, as I've never seen Casey/Foot Soldier, Traag/Granitor or the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney packs in the actual store, and I do pop in pretty frequently since it's on my way home anyway.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:08 AM   #3168
mikey0
Foot Elite

FwooshCast: NECA’s Trevor Zammit and Veebs Talk Loads of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOIq2...medium=twitter

Closeup of the Punk Frogs and size comparison of Chromedome with Ultimate Krang’s Android Body. The Rat King is also featured in the video.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:42 AM   #3169
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I haven't noticed any consistent day of the week here, but, outside of finding Splinter and Baxter on Christmas Eve, I've only ever found them when I pop in after work (around 6pm), so I feel like they get stocked later in the day, but I'm sure it varies by location. What I'm most curious about is whether or not all Targets get at least SOME of all the product, as I've never seen Casey/Foot Soldier, Traag/Granitor or the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney packs in the actual store, and I do pop in pretty frequently since it's on my way home anyway.
For a while over the summer, they were fairly consistent. The figures were usually scheduled for a Thursday release. They would then show up at the one store locally (Fitchburg location for anyone local and interested) on the following Tuesday and then show up at the west side store within a few days. That pattern repeated a lot for the 2 packs over the summer. Though the SDCC sets showed up at the west side store first. I've only seen the Triceraton/Roadkill R. sets at the west side store and I've gotten all of the subsequent sets there as well.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #3170
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
FwooshCast: NECA’s Trevor Zammit and Veebs Talk Loads of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOIq2...medium=twitter

Closeup of the Punk Frogs and size comparison of Chromedome with Ultimate Krang’s Android Body. The Rat King is also featured in the video.
Some other notes I took from the video:

-Rat King and Vernon are the next 2-pack, should ship to US before Chinese NY
-Muckman and Mondo Gecko are likely after CNY, and may be split into individual releases due to size/accessories costs
-Punk Frogs each have 2 heads
-Turtles in Disguise 4-pack will have interchangeable eyes/mouths head pieces so they can be swapped around for different expressions
-Disguse 4-pack will have a lot of accessories: soft goods pants and coats, Tor Johnson masks (2 smiling, 2 grumpy), skateboard, Pigeon Pete, Mikey's hat from when he delivers pizzas and more
-Would not confirm Neutrinos are coming (felt like normal NECA "Maybe?" answer when they don't want to reveal something)
-Van vehicle and sewer playset are in the works, will be large items sold directly by NECA online
-Will be another TMNT Loot Crate in 2021 including another Toon figure
Old 12-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #3171
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post

-Muckman and Mondo Gecko are likely after CNY, and may be split into individual releases due to size/accessories costs
-Turtles in Disguise 4-pack will have interchangeable eyes/mouths head pieces so they can be swapped around for different expressions
-Disguse 4-pack will have a lot of accessories: soft goods pants and coats, Tor Johnson masks (2 smiling, 2 grumpy), skateboard, Pigeon Pete, Mikey's hat from when he delivers pizzas and more
-Would not confirm Neutrinos are coming (felt like normal NECA "Maybe?" answer when they don't want to reveal something)
-Van vehicle and sewer playset are in the works, will be large items sold directly by NECA online
There should be a savage Napoleon Bonafrog with Muta-shooter.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-31-2020 at 11:14 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:56 AM   #3172
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wish they would confirm preorders to be the norm
Old 12-31-2020, 12:34 PM   #3173
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Just watched the entire video. NECA, just take my money (throws money).

I really appreciate how much work and research Trevor's doing to put these figures together. I might have been nerding out just a little, tiny bit.

If we could just get the factory to be a little more consistent and not have as many broken parts or messed up paint jobs. Granted they're putting them all together by-hand, wow!

I too wish they'd go to pre-orders for everything, but once COVID has tapered down or out, I'm looking forward to hunting again.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 02:23 PM   #3174
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

If the sewer turns out how Trevor describes it in the video, with it adding street and a manhole to the street scene diorama and basically being best built as its own piece of functional furniture rather than fitting in a display... Holy crap. My credit card better brace itself lol
Old 12-31-2020, 03:07 PM   #3175
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Don’t forget more Mirage tmnt product sold at specialty shops. So anywhere you saw video game figures sold, that’s where they will sell the mirage stuff.

Also ,Archie comic tmnt isn’t part of the comic agreement they have but they know people want it.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:09 AM   #3176
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Some other worthy mentions

- Ace duck is coming with a yet-to-be-announced villain.
- Mondo Gecko & muckman will probably come in single packs instead of a 2-pack.
- Neca has zero interest in making a cartoon ray fillet.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #3177
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Don’t forget more Mirage tmnt product sold at specialty shops. So anywhere you saw video game figures sold, that’s where they will sell the mirage stuff.
What products are we talking about? Are they going to rerelease the 2008 Mirage turtles set?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #3178
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
What products are we talking about? Are they going to rerelease the 2008 Mirage turtles set?
The interview made it sound like there's one more unannounced video game wave, then vg will be going on hold for awhile and Neca will be pivoting back to Mirage figs.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:56 PM   #3179
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So between the two Punk Frogs sets Genghis and Rasputin and Napoleon and Atilla Ace Duck will be released with a villain, however for now its under wraps who the villain will be.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:39 PM   #3180
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
They didn’t specify. Only that it was mirage related product that would be released in the same channels as the video game related product.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote