The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

Why are these things so confusing and compelling to people that they need to fact check it, egg it on, or investigate therefore giving it life?

I mean by even asking if something is "problematic" you are breathing life into the whole situation by legitimizing that these things are valid enough to inquire within the framework.

The new "Problematic sensitivity" is the anti-life equation. It's the circular thinking that basically triggers the bottom feeder population by design because they don't know what to do with it other than being drawn in and acting on it. It turns the lower part of Earth's humanity into Parademons.

Don't you guys get it? LOL! Do you want to be Parademons or regular people?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #22
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nothing really. He still works with the Henson company, he did stuff on that Dark Crystal show apparently. Allegedly there was no "diddling kids" involved in the accusations, although at least one of the guys he was in a relationship with was underage when they first met but before they had a relationship, thus there's a bit of a gray area. But such things are supposedly not uncommon in gay relationships.

But yeah, it would seem that there wasn't much fire to the smoke, and so his name took a big hit but he still gets work in the industry.

I didn't follow that situation all that closely, but one would think that if there was a lot of truth to the accusations that the Henson company wouldn't still employ him, especially given their reputation for family entertainment and whatnot. It would be a bad look for them to retain him if those accusations proved to be more than just accusations.

One would think, anyway.
He was apparently cleared of all charges in court: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...cleared-698645

He seems to have always maintained that everything that happened was between consenting adults.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Sick people, sure. People who probably should be forcibly sterilized.

"Back in the day" was a different time. R. Kelly got away with his pedo sh*t for a long time, too... until people finally got fed up.

Times change. Values change. When your number's up, it's up.
I lost track, what has happened to R.Kelly, or is the dude still performing?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I lost track, what has happened to R.Kelly, or is the dude still performing?
I think he's actually in a Chicago prison right now.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:40 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I think he's actually in a Chicago prison right now.
Holy ****. I thought I'd never see the day.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #26
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Holy ****. I thought I'd never see the day.
He's been there for a while now. I can't remember if his court cases are ongoing at this point though.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

You can only literally sit in your car outside of elementary schools hawking little girls, and keep women in cages inside your home, for so long before ultimately people stop making excuses for you.

It blows my mind that people looked the other way on that guy for SO long, because they liked his music. "I Believe I Can Fly" does not excuse peeing on little girls. I'm sorry, it doesn't. You can keep the songs on the radio but the human being behind those songs does not need to ever see daylight again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #28
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT will get canceled because the Turtles live in the sewer and represent the LGBT crowd of "coming out of the closet" since the Turtles cannot mate with any female Turtles.
That would actually keep them on the air nowadays. At the production companies expense where they would air on the CW.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You can only literally sit in your car outside of elementary schools hawking little girls, and keep women in cages inside your home, for so long before ultimately people stop making excuses for you.

It blows my mind that people looked the other way on that guy for SO long, because they liked his music. "I Believe I Can Fly" does not excuse peeing on little girls. I'm sorry, it doesn't. You can keep the songs on the radio but the human being behind those songs does not need to ever see daylight again.
I wonder if his latest songs were starting to suck.

In this sick money-driven world it would not surprise me in the least if the powers-that-be decided to look the other way all this time cause 'maybe we can still get another few hits out of him and make some more money' and then finally decide to rain justice down on him once his music started to 'not be what it used to be'.

Hmmmm....

Old 03-24-2021, 12:35 PM   #30
Sumac
Banned

Canceling happens very arbitrarily and as I said - its just a way for losers to inflate their egos.

For example, this man was hired as a moderator for the Reddit, despite his past. And as an administrator he started to delete posts which criticized him.

Of course, "brave and stunning" left pretend that nothing happens.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #31
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Nothing really.
Well that's good to hear!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:29 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Well that's good to hear!
Yeah, I'd feel differently if there'd been a lot of evidence that the guy was a pedo or a "groomer", but apparently that wasn't the case. There's a nuance between "they met when one side was young but they didn't have a relationship until later on." Also consent is a factor.

I mean, I can't in good conscience be a hypocrite. I've mentioned before that my first time was with a woman twice my age, and despite a lot of people telling me that I'm "supposed" to be angry and horrified about it... I'm not. I have no regrets at all about the situation as it happened. We had a bad falling out years later on for unrelated reasons, but I absolutely would not have wanted her to go to jail over what happened, not even after we were no longer friends. Nothing "bad" happened.

Meanwhile, my wife just got back onto FB after a 30-day ban, for telling that story to someone else and disagreeing with that person's assessment that I should have had the woman arrested. To be clear, my wife absolutely hated that woman, but in a conversation such as this she simply told the story and reiterated, "He wanted it to happen, though, so it's not a big deal." This other person reported my wife to FB for "promoting 'grooming'" and they slapped her. Nonsense.

Lots of gray areas, lots of double standards. Stuff gets complicated.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #33
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Lots of gray areas...
STOP TALKING ABOUT MY BEARD!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

Yours and mine both, brother.

I'm rather lucky that my hair is an interesting mix of dark brown, light brown, red, dirty blonde, and gold, and that it changes tint based on lighting and seasonal factors (darker in Winter, lighter in Summer). Because that really hides the strands of silver I see more of every day and other people swear they don't notice. It just kinda blends in.

Frankly, I don't care if it turns Bright Pink, so long as it stays on my head.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I'd feel differently if there'd been a lot of evidence that the guy was a pedo or a "groomer", but apparently that wasn't the case. There's a nuance between "they met when one side was young but they didn't have a relationship until later on." Also consent is a factor.

I mean, I can't in good conscience be a hypocrite. I've mentioned before that my first time was with a woman twice my age, and despite a lot of people telling me that I'm "supposed" to be angry and horrified about it... I'm not. I have no regrets at all about the situation as it happened. We had a bad falling out years later on for unrelated reasons, but I absolutely would not have wanted her to go to jail over what happened, not even after we were no longer friends. Nothing "bad" happened.

Meanwhile, my wife just got back onto FB after a 30-day ban, for telling that story to someone else and disagreeing with that person's assessment that I should have had the woman arrested. To be clear, my wife absolutely hated that woman, but in a conversation such as this she simply told the story and reiterated, "He wanted it to happen, though, so it's not a big deal." This other person reported my wife to FB for "promoting 'grooming'" and they slapped her. Nonsense.

Lots of gray areas, lots of double standards. Stuff gets complicated.
eh, you know how it is, the whole double standard. Now while in your case, you had a blast, as a guy everyone is kinda expecting you to, even if some other kid would have been traumatized cause he wasn't mentally ready for that or whatever else.

You know if the genders were reversed, even if the girl initiated it, allowed it, and had an absolute 'no other man made her see stars the way he did' blast, everybody and their mother would have wanted the guy in jail if not flat out dead. Even if the dude looked like Aquaman. (Idk is it just me but are all these guy teachers creepy fat old guys that obviously can't get laid any other way while most of the female teachers are hotties that you wonder why they bother with kids when they could land a man at a bar without much effort, like I always think it would be a poor girl crying and begging the dude to get off her while with the female teacher it would be like that Rikki Roxx/Steph McMahon sex tape that recently surfaced).

I mean in your case, I'm just glad it worked out, and like there were no mental traumas or consequences. At your age you were still mature enough to understand it was just hooking up and might as well enjoy it while it lasted.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

I am pretty sure that by age 14, as I was, a person of either gender has a pretty good idea as to whether or not they want to have sex. I do admit that at that age they still may lack the foresight to be able to tell if they're making a "good decision" in doing so, measuring the consequences, etc.

But I don't think that lack of judgment or foresight magically goes away at age 18, either. A girl I was good friends with in High School, when she as 18, was having an affair with a married man in his 30s who had kids. She knew it was wrong, she just completely did not care. If the guy's wife found out? "I'm not scared'a her, I can take her." If the guy lost his entire family over it? "That's all on him, I never put a gun to his head, he's doing what he wants to do." That was her rationale. No idea whatever came of that, but I definitely lost some respect for her over the whole deal. She showed an incredible lack of foresight, judgment, and even basic empathy in the way she handled that entire situation.

But, she was an "adult" and thus free to do Whatever. Even if the "adults" in the situation (either her or him) showed no more common sense than the way a child would behave. Common sense doesn't magically hit you when you turn 18; some people younger than that have a lot of it, and some people make it their whole lives to old age with none of it.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
STOP TALKING ABOUT MY BEARD!
Quote:
Yours and mine both, brother.

I'm rather lucky that my hair is an interesting mix of dark brown, light brown, red, dirty blonde, and gold, and that it changes tint based on lighting and seasonal factors (darker in Winter, lighter in Summer). Because that really hides the strands of silver I see more of every day and other people swear they don't notice. It just kinda blends in.

Frankly, I don't care if it turns Bright Pink, so long as it stays on my head.
Mine beard's pretty grey too. 2 kids'll do that too ya. Hair on my head also has some too it. My dad's been grey as long as i can remember, so it's my fate really.

But as like Leo, I often say, "I don't care what color it turns, as along as it doesn't turn loose."

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

My Dad was half-silver AND half-bald by my age. I count my blessing every single day.

My stylists sees the back of my head way more than I do, and they assure me that all's well. One annoying thing is that I have a growth spot on the back of my head that everything circles out from, like a "nexus point", and it's a little bit thinner than the rest because of that. So ever since I was like 4 years old people used to tease me about having a "bald spot" even though that's not at all what it is.

Whenever I watch a video of one of my matches, I'm watching my head like a hawk. "Whew! It's all still right where it belongs!" When I let it grow really long and just brush it back, it does make my forehead line look like it's receding even though it's not. When I get the top and sides cut short it looks more "normal".

I would know if it was actually falling out. I'm like Uncle Jesse in the mirror with the ruler and the tape measure with that sh*t.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, if they stick with Yoshi becoming Splinter then the Turtles are basically adopted by a Japanese guy, so the Turtles have an excuse since it would be an adopted portion of the dual cultures that influence their upbringing. Easier to just tweak any stereotypes brought into question.

Sure, try to avoid the damsel in distress thing for the most part. Nothing wrong with a friend needing a save once in a while (and visa versa!), but don't overdo it and don't make that character incapable of even trying to help themselves. April doesn't need to be as good of a fighter, or a fighter at all, she's not a Turtle nor their sister and hasn't spent a lifetime training in martial arts. She has her own life and separate career choices. Were she much more like them and the Turtles were human or one of these girls Turtles among them sometimes were downplayed in comparison, then that itself would be an issue. April however should at least still be capable of trying to help herself in situations, not just waiting for rescue.

How did this turn into another hair thread. lol

edit: Of course, people objecting to things and wanting to "cancel" it is nothing new -- see: TMNT "Exposed!" and "Saturday Morning Mind Control" books -- we just didn't have a dumb term to apply to it back then.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-24-2021 at 04:08 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:31 PM   #40
Prowler
Emperor

My hair is dark brown, but my beard/facial hair is black. There's some brown hairs mixed in too, but they're not noticeable unless I look myself in the mirror up close haha
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancel culture