The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2023, 03:30 AM   #21
ToTheNines
[sic]

I was a couple days late, but I was able to relive this yesterday. I actually still have a VHS recording of the debut on the FoxBox, which really took me back. I even got the last 5 seconds or so of the 24 style countdown clock they were running for the few weeks prior.

I was so excited for this in the months leading up, and it didn’t disappoint. My cousins and I wasted so many Saturdays in late 02/early 03 watching garbage like Ultimate Muscle, Fighting Foodons and Funky Cops just to get a glimpse. I still remember the day they dropped the theme song in the middle of the commercial break during (I think) an episode of Cubix.

He’s only 6 months old, so I know he wasn’t actually processing anything, but popping this in and watching with my son was a special experience too. Pretty wild letting my dusty old VCR take me back to being 11 while I held my infant. Things definitely do change.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:38 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I watched it on YouTube in 2007-2009 (and rewatched it 2011-2012) in original language, can't stand Russian dubs of cartoons. They cast worst actors for their roles or / and **** up sound quality, so you don't hear effects and music behind voices.
I had no idea this series existed until just some weeks before Christmas 2003, when I rediscovered the Turtles thanks to the Internet. I think I saw a couple of DVD releases in Sweden in early 2004. Between early September and late November 2004; I managed to catch some episodes over MTV 3 Finland on Friday afternoons but that didn't help much.

Finally, between mid January and late March 2005 I was able to catch Season 1 over Cartoon Network Sweden, and home videotaped all of Season 1.

The six remaining seasons? After getting broadband in early March 2005, I watched them over the Youtube during the upcoming years.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-13-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote