The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What are you most looking forward to in the future?
New media (new movies, TV shows) 1 12.50%
Seeing what the future will look like on Earth 1 12.50%
Advancements in technology 1 12.50%
Having kids/watching them grow/enjoying grandkids 1 12.50%
New toys or collectibles 0 0%
Watching your enemies die before you do 1 12.50%
Seeing world peace achieved 0 0%
Seeing new discoveries made (planetary travel to Mars, etc.) 3 37.50%
Seeing what will happen in your favorite comics 0 0%
Seeing what video games will be like 0 0%
Growing old with your significant other 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2023, 05:47 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What are you most looking forward to in the future?

What are you most looking forward to in the future?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess if I'm only limited to one of those, then probably new discoveries, including humans maybe getting to Mars.

Not really expecting life, the world, etc to be too impressively different through in the next 40 or so years of life. Maybe they'll figure out the ultimate cure for cancer, but doubt we'll ever get those flying cars we also never had 20 year ago. Most stuff will probably just be improvements on what we have.

Really we've already seen some formerly fictional stuff become real already though. As a kid I always figured someday everyone would simply have a device that would do practically anything they needed. Then that thing became the smart phone and was no longer impressive or futuristic... lol Smart house? Getting there. Definitely have the devices people can talk to and give commands. Are there other things that exist in fiction that are possible someday...

Time travel... that would be nice. But harnessing some kind of time and space manipulating is prob eons away if there was ever any logic and universe bending way of doing it.

I do hope I can look forward to seeing the TMNT outlive the first generation that came to love them. (Though ghosts better be a real thing if they go and save the good movies for after we're gone... because my invisible ass will be seeing it for free.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-22-2023 at 06:35 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:05 PM   #3
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I do hope that someday someone will finally come up with a cure for cancer. Although I doubt that the discovery would be shared with the public because 1.) a cure would mean less money for Big Pharma and 2.) it’s no secret that the elite want to lower the world population because the less people there are, the easier it is to control them.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:29 PM   #4
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Well granted, they do have some cancer remedies that can eliminate certains cancers completely from one's body if they're at early enough stages, though the possibility exists they can resurface again in the future, unless they die of something else first. Doubt world peace will ever be fully achieved, and even if it does, will only last short whiles because people will always think of something new to fight about; the human mind has an insatiable craving for conflict.

Guess one thing I look forward to is the day I never have to go to work again, if that ever happens, though I'd happily continue doing volunteer work.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:32 PM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I want to see the end of the Space Race hiatus.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote