The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of the Marvel Netflix shows are *still* good?
Daredevil 4 100.00%
Jessica Jones 0 0%
Luke Cage 0 0%
Iron Fist 0 0%
The Defenders 0 0%
The Punisher 2 50.00%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2022, 07:22 PM   #1
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Question Some years later, which of the Netflix Marvel shows hold up?

Just like the title says. I've been rewatching the Defenders Saga after I realized I never got around to watching Daredevil season 3 and watching that a few months back.

Daredevil season 1 was still really good. Season 2 was aight. Some of the stuff with the Hand was kinda dumb tho

Jessica Jones season 1 I remember liking at the time, but after rewatching it I just thought it was so silly I couldn't enjoy most of it. Kilgrave's powers were so dumb, like what? Powers like that I usually need to be based in magic because scientifically it just doesn't make a lick of sense. His body emits a virus that forces people to follow-thru with even the vaguest of directives, instantly comprehending the intent behind them?

Luke Cage I'm only mid-way through right now, it's holding up alright.

I already know Iron Fist is going to absolutely blow, again. But at least watching Colleen and Misty team-up was enjoyable.

I honestly don't even remember enough of Defenders and Punisher to speak as to how they hold up to scrutiny nowadays

But yeah, don't vote for the shows that you thought were good when you initially watched them. Vote after rewatching them or if you've recently rewatched them

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 10-03-2022 at 07:54 PM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:10 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Daredevil and Punisher hold up I watched all of them.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I only watched Daredevil, Defenders and Punisher. Daredevil was good.

Punisher was fine, but 26 episodes felt like too much and I would have prefered it to be shorter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:41 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Daredevil and Punisher and maybe Luke Cage season 1. I enjoyed big aspects of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist but both were kind of wasted opportunities that didn't really go anywhere. Defenders was a failure.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-04-2022 at 03:13 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM   #5
AquaParade
Big Boss

As much as I love Daredevil, it truly drags at times. The seasons even blend together in some ways.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:12 AM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
As much as I love Daredevil, it truly drags at times. The seasons even blend together in some ways.
I would take Daredevil (the Netflix series) "dragging" bits over virtually anything in the MCU that isn't epic Avengers type stuff. Easily. Without question. The character stuff there is without compare.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:33 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

13 episode seasons do feel like too much these days, I actually prefer the 10 episode season model.

My god, going back to "old" TV shows and seeing 22-26 episodes a season is mind boggling. It really makes marathoning old shows a slog to sit through. I can really only do it with my very favorite shows these days. I don't know how they got that many eps out a year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:47 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Daredevil and Punisher and maybe Luke Cage season 1. I enjoyed big aspects of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist but both were kind of wasted opportunities that didn't really go anywhere. Defenders was a failure.
I'm just about done with Luke Cage S1. I still think it's mostly good, but man there's some dumb sh!t in there too. Like yeah, your skin is impenetrable and you're super strong but if an SUV moving 50+ MPH (sorry, "80.4 km/h") hits you you're still going to get knocked through the air

And 13 hour-long episodes was way too much for this show, apparently. The plot suffered the worst when they had to go through all the
Spoiler:
Diamondback/Willis Stryker stuff, him being Luke Cage's half-brother,
so much of it was just unnecessary but the greater sin is that it was just uninteresting. The show got bogged down in all the gang politics, and then everything the cops did in most of the later episodes was just flat-out idiotic. I just wanted the show to be more believable by being logical and abiding by rules, be they the laws of physics or proper police procedure.

It's like I get that it's a superhero show with fantastical elements but because of that I can't stretch the limits of my disbelief in additional directions and still remain super invested
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daredevil, marvel, marvelcuckamaticuniverse, netflix, punisher