The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2022, 07:24 AM   #2041
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamekichi View Post
Figured this was the best thread but at the Granite State Con this weekend during Judith Hoag's panel she mentioned a 4th figure she was working with NECA on. She wouldn't elaborate any further and just told us to follow NECA for announcements.
Any bets that it’s her wearing kenshins clothes?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:34 AM   #2042
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Any bets that it’s her wearing kenshins clothes?
Love Judith but I would hope they would go Paige Turco likeness for 2nd and 3rd movie figs.

There are are still one or two legit 1990 film variants they could do but I like the idea of using her likeness for what-ifs like Universal Turtles

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-19-2022 at 09:01 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:37 PM   #2043
Dask
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Love Judith but I would hope they would go Paige Turco likeness for 2nd and 3rd movie figs.

There are are still one or two legit 1990 film variants they could do but I like the idea of using her likeness for what-ifs like Universal Turtles
I don't think NECA fully got their mileage off Judith but I can't quite figure out what other projects she can contribute to (unless they make a toon line that is based on the movie line).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:51 PM   #2044
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Checked a Walmart and they had 2 Casey and Raph in Disguise packs. When I saw it from a far, thought it was the SOTO 2 Packs….doh!
TMNTFanatic4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #2045
oldmanwinters
Overlord

What the hecka, Neca?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjQQ_Sfu68e/

View my sketch work!
Old 10-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #2046
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I hope this doesn't mean the comic line is moving to Walmart.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:58 PM   #2047
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Info on the autoT debut come Thursday:
Quote:
Calling all collectors! Walmart and NECA have teamed up to launch AutoT, a first-of-its-kind revolutionary digital collectible platform. Best of all, it will be available to customers this Thursday just in time for the hottest collector’s shopping event of the season: Walmart Collector Con from October 6-7.

AutoT offers exclusive figures and collectibles featuring rare chase variants signed by stars and creators. Here is how it works:

Similar to a mystery box, customers will enter a digital code found on their Walmart receipt to reveal what specific collectible they’ve secured on AutoT.com.

From there, they can then easily buy, sell and trade on the AutoT platform with confidence, with the option to store their digital collectible for up to two years free of charge in the NECA Vault.

Otherwise, they can have the physical item shipped directly to them with Walmart’s fast and free two-day shipping on purchases over $35.

Available online at Walmart.com starting October 6 and in-stores October 15, AutoT will feature limited-edition figures and collectibles, including new-to-market figures from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, featuring Shredder, Renet, and rare chase variants signed by co-creator Kevin Eastman. Also debuting are exclusive Bob Ross collectible lithographs from Bob Ross Inc. with more properties and collectibles to be announced in the coming weeks. You can read more about the AutoT partnership here.

Walmart’s Collector Con will also feature more of the most exclusive and sought-after collector items from top brands and franchises including Funko, Hot Wheels, G.I. Joe, Nintendo, Barbie, WWE, Monster High and more. Fans can shop a variety of products, from action figures to game trading cards, including over 70 Walmart-exclusive products.

The festivities begin Thursday with products dropping at 10 AM ET both days, giving fans two opportunities to get their hands on the coveted items.
https://news.toyark.com/2022/10/03/n...ctibles-485765

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...es-marketplace

View my sketch work!
Old 10-03-2022, 04:39 PM   #2048
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Auto T feels like a disaster waiting to happen. I guess we will find out Thursday.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:01 AM   #2049
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Calling all collectors! Walmart and NECA have teamed up to launch AutoT, a first-of-its-kind revolutionary digital collectible platform. Best of all, it will be available to customers this Thursday just in time for the hottest collector’s shopping event of the season: Walmart Collector Con from October 6-7.

AutoT offers exclusive figures and collectibles featuring rare chase variants signed by stars and creators. Here is how it works:

Similar to a mystery box, customers will enter a digital code found on their Walmart receipt to reveal what specific collectible they’ve secured on AutoT.com.

From there, they can then easily buy, sell and trade on the AutoT platform with confidence, with the option to store their digital collectible for up to two years free of charge in the NECA Vault.

Otherwise, they can have the physical item shipped directly to them with Walmart’s fast and free two-day shipping on purchases over $35.

Available online at Walmart.com starting October 6 and in-stores October 15, AutoT will feature limited-edition figures and collectibles, including new-to-market figures from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, featuring Shredder, Renet, and rare chase variants signed by co-creator Kevin Eastman. Also debuting are exclusive Bob Ross collectible lithographs from Bob Ross Inc. with more properties and collectibles to be announced in the coming weeks. You can read more about the AutoT partnership here.

Walmart’s Collector Con will also feature more of the most exclusive and sought-after collector items from top brands and franchises including Funko, Hot Wheels, G.I. Joe, Nintendo, Barbie, WWE, Monster High and more. Fans can shop a variety of products, from action figures to game trading cards, including over 70 Walmart-exclusive products.

The festivities begin Thursday with products dropping at 10 AM ET both days, giving fans two opportunities to get their hands on the coveted items.
Wait, what? Let's see if I've understood this correctly. First, I need to have a receipt. In order to get a receipt, I (supposedly) need to buy something off Walmart? Then, once I have the actual receipt, I will be handed a random figure that I can either buy, sell, or trade? What if I'm handed a figure that no-one wants? Then I'm stuck with it? On top of that, this is most probably for US residents only. Man, it was hard enough already to be an international collector, this really isn't making it easier. This is going to turn out a paradise for scalpers I imagine.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:00 AM   #2050
Meow
Stone Warrior

twilight-zone.nl informed me about my SOTO shredder being shipped on sept 23rd, he arrived safely on sept 30th

I am shocked though catching up on the last pages in this thread neca is going for another customer milking session regarding movie3. jeeeesssus....

Those figures better be really good and different, not just head swap, lil bit of color changes etc and that's it. I remember clearly the suits, not only the heads/faces were different in the 3rd movie.
Wondering if we get to see walker, daimyo, walkman witch april, the honor guard, kenshin, the princess, whit, horses, a big big bell for the daimyo including a top blown off bell and the corresponding daimyo head with hair like albert einstein
And if they gonna do it I also I want the rolls with the kappa drawing on them - AND for the accessory set neca can go full in with making real kappa figures

Last edited by Meow; 10-04-2022 at 04:11 AM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:10 AM   #2051
Ninjinister
無問題

It's NFTs

**** NFTs
Old 10-04-2022, 12:16 PM   #2052
mikey see
Stone Warrior

You buy the figure and get a receipt. You can then use the code on the receipt to claim your figure. I would assume you will know what you're buying (Shredder for example), the surprise will be whether or not it's a signature edition or something like that. You can then choose to have your NFT and figure stored in the vault for future selling/trading or have Walmart ship you the figure.

That's my understanding anyway.

And I see no opportunity anywhere for this to go wrong or screw the customer. None at all. Nope, looks absolutely airtight and genius.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #2053
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post

And I see no opportunity anywhere for this to go wrong or screw the customer. None at all. Nope, looks absolutely airtight and genius.

View my sketch work!
Old 10-04-2022, 01:13 PM   #2054
Dask
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
You buy the figure and get a receipt. You can then use the code on the receipt to claim your figure. I would assume you will know what you're buying (Shredder for example), the surprise will be whether or not it's a signature edition or something like that. You can then choose to have your NFT and figure stored in the vault for future selling/trading or have Walmart ship you the figure.

That's my understanding anyway.

I thought you just download the figure.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:46 PM   #2055
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I thought you just download the figure.
Again, I'm just trying to decipher what I've read elsewhere but no, you are actually buying a physical figure (plus NFT). The twist is that you don't actually get the figure automatically when you buy it, you can choose to have Walmart/NECA hang on to it while you work out a sale or trade. If you're oldschool (like SUPER 2021) and want your money to get you an actual physical product then you enter your receipt number somewhere and Walmart will ship you your figure.

Don't worry, Walmart is excellent at order fulfillment, quality packaging, and customer service.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:56 PM   #2056
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

WAL-MART: THE FINAL FRONTIER

By now, Target seems to be at least cognizant that their web handling of exclusives is lacking, and has implemented some band-aid measures that at least help us find/track/eventually secure them. Plus NECA has acknowledged it by selling everything themselves too.

But Wal-Mart has no idea how much their website is going to suck at this. Let the games begin!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #2057
IMJ
Emperor

Wal-mart barely has their own operational website. That place is little more than a chaotic, digital Asian-street-market that pretends it's an amazon center.

Most of the time you can't even find Wal-Mart merc on the Wal-mart site - it's impossible to parse out from the "Wal-Mart marketplace" sellers.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:52 PM   #2058
mikey0
Foot Elite

Bobby Herbeck (TMNT The Movie writer) and Kim Dawson (TMNT The Movie producer) will be doing autograph signings at NYCC: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...DT4e6vg-QrAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #2059
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I guess NECA wanted something alittle more challenging since they’ve mastered Lootcrate distribution.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:33 PM   #2060
oldmanwinters
Overlord

A little primer for AutoT's debut tomorrow, courtesy of "Dick Whipper":

View my sketch work!