The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
sdp
-

What do you want in TMNT3?

Please read before posting:There are plenty of threads to discuss why you hate PD's TMNT and the unlikely sequel because of B.O. results so let's keep that out of here. It's a what if thread, only Andrew is welcome to troll.

I like what this interpretations offers, a live action TMNT film where anything is possible including the most out there stuff in any incarnation. Not even during the TMNT fad did they feel comfortable having the turtles travel in space. What I like about this version is there aren't any restrictions on what they can't do. I honestly think this will be the only time we'll ever see the Technodrome or Krang on the big screen so I'd definitely want to see more of this universe but I'm not sure what I'd want in a sequel.

Shredder could've recovered from his transformers armor/defeat in the first movie but I don't think he could ever be a legitimate threat in a fight after being disposed of by Krang in seconds, talk about burying the main villain so I don't see him being a big threat besides being someone who moves chess pieces around. Sachs was completely ignored so I don't see them ever bringing him back. I'm pretty sure B&R would be back in some minor way. The Technodrome and Kraang I just don't see them in a sequel after this, sure his dialog would imply he'd return but what else could they really do that they didn't do in this film with them to make it different? Baxter Stockman was obviously set up to return big in a sequel and he'd probably mutate but I doubt he'd be able to carry a film by himself.

I'm not really sure what I'd want but I'd want them to try something totally sci-fi/fantasy heavy and craziest TMNT stories out there that would never be able to be done in a more "realistic" TMNT movie. And I don't mean time travel, that's not that out there but doing a Triceraton invasion/space movie, Battle Nexus, ancient japanese legends with lots of magic, all out mutant fest where we see all our favorite mutants all in one movie. Like I mentioned the redeeming factor in this interpretation is they can do things that most grounded interpretations wouldn't be able to do so they should take advantage of that since none of us care if the hulk turtles do outlandish stuff. I don't want a "city at war" story or whatever with these turtles, we can save that for a much better interpretation of the turtles.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What I can see happen is Splinter getting kidnapped by Shredder and taken to Dimension X, and the Turtles going on a mission to rescue Splinter by using the Turtle Blimp, which they would use when going into Dimension X.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Just go "full retard" with Krang's toy chest, unleash everyone's favorite action figures & let them all kill each other.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Just go "full retard" with Krang's toy chest, unleash everyone's favorite action figures & let them all kill each other.
If it's going down in flames anyway... let it go down swinging. At least the fanboys that defend the BayTurtles can say 'at least our trilogy had Triceratons and Slash and Muckman and Pizzaface and Baxter as a Fly and Scumbug and..."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Rat King and Baxter as either a cyborg or fly. Krang won't be necessary, but having Baxter punished by becoming one of the two forms and going after the Turtles would make sense. I also want to see Rat King on the big screen. It he can be worked in a sensible plot it can work.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
0.) the TMNT open the movie stopping a major heist by the purple Dragons, giving us at least one turtle battle against a non-foot foe in the trilogy.
They already had one with their fight against Krang,
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What I can see happen is Splinter getting kidnapped by Shredder and taken to Dimension X, and the Turtles going on a mission to rescue Splinter by using the Turtle Blimp, which they would use when going into Dimension X.
Yes, but I feel they should use something other than the Blimp. Also a proper alliance with Krang
Old 06-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #8
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I want it to be good.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #9
robb0226
Random Punk

Yes, this

Quote:
If there were going to be one (which I don't think there is going to be) let's do SIMPLE PLOT TO WRAP THE TRILOGY UP;

0.) the TMNT open the movie stopping a major heist by the purple Dragons, giving us at least one turtle battle against a non-foot foe in the trilogy.

1.)Rocksteady and Bebop are busted out by Karai, who takes them back to the Tokyo Facility. There Baxter Stockman has repaired the portal Device, and the two big brutes go through to dimension X.

2.) Rocksteady and Bebop free Shredder from his prison, who then in turn frees all the other technodrome prisoners, a mix of Rock Soldiers and Tricertons. Swearing loyalty to Shredder, and they take over the technodrome.

3.) Shredder freezes Krang in the same frozen canister he had been trapped in as revenge. then Shredder returns to earth with the technodrome and his new army. Gaining control of Krang's mutagen supply, he mutates himself into Supper Shredder, and Baxter into his fly form in exchange for renewed loyalty.

4.) The technodrome materializes over New York once more, this time with an army of Rock soldiers and triceritons invading the streets. The turtles are outnumbered, and are forced to flee new york as the city is conquered.

5.) the nations of the world cut the city off, hoping shredder will be content ruling it. Shredder takes the technodrome up into the atmosphere, and plans to reign mutagen down on the whole planet, turning all of humanity into mindless mutant slaves.

6.) The turtles retreat to the farm house in Northampton with April and Casey. There, they rebuild their spirits and prepare for the final battle. Splinter gathers with the turtles around a campfire, and tells them the story of Yoshi and Saki, and how he isn't just an ordinary rat that got mutated.

7.) Back in the city, Karai and the foot are growing resentful they've become obsolete next to Shredder's mutant and alien soldiers. When the turtles return to NY with April and Casey, the foot and Karai turn on Shredder, attacking the rock soldiers and triceritons, and turning the tide against Shredder's forces.

8.)The turtles manage to teleport up to the technodrome, where they must face Shredder baxter fly, Rocksteady, and Bebop. They manage to defeat Super Shredder and his lieutenants, and Donnie rigs the technodrome to explode, but not before the turtles escape. Shredder and the others are presumed killed aboard the 'drome.

9.) The mutagen showers down all over the planet in smaller amounts, creating scattered mutants here and there over the entire planet. Karai declares a truce with the TMNT, ending their feud with her foot clan. A mysterious government agent named Bishop confiscates all the remaining alien tech and dead aliens, and quietly gets this invasion swept under the rug, just like the technodrome's first appearance in the last film. He declares the turtles 'Might be useful later'.

10.) The TMNT have saved the world again, but this time it is a truly bittersweet celebration. Vernon had perished in the invasion, sacrificing himself to save New York. April and Casey decide to move back to the farm in Northampton, leaving the TMNT and splinter to face an uncertain future without them.

There, that's how I'd do it; all past villains and plots wrapped up, Megan Fox, Steven Amell, and Will Arnett written out, hints for future mutants dropped, and all ready for a soft reboot with new turtle designs. Irma can be introduced as thew new human friend in the next flick, and you have Agent Bishop set up as a villain or ally for future films.
I really like this and it fits with what I would hope for as well. I had mentioned before wanting a full invasion of Triceratons with the ultimate villain being Super Shredder. Your points hit what I would really want to see, although I don't think they would want to go with the somber ending for what they basically are billing as a kids movie, but I know I would like that ending.

Someone sent this to the writers to use if they actually get a chance at a third film (which I hope they do).

Have you ever seen a turtle get down? Slammin' and jammin' to the new swing sound.
robb0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #10
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb0226 View Post
I really like this and it fits with what I would hope for as well. I had mentioned before wanting a full invasion of Triceratons with the ultimate villain being Super Shredder. Your points hit what I would really want to see, although I don't think they would want to go with the somber ending for what they basically are billing as a kids movie, but I know I would like that ending.

Someone sent this to the writers to use if they actually get a chance at a third film (which I hope they do).
Agreed so much

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

As much as I want to see Rat King,I am totally down with that and I third what you all say.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'm not sure I want a Platinum Dunes TMNT III which is probably for the best because I think it's unlikely we're going to get one.

If it happens though and with the same writers then with a due respect to Panda Khan Fan then it should not be anything like what he described. The movie needs to be simple and consistent.

There's no point jamming characters in from different versions if they are only interested in using the Fred Wolf characters or that version of them. Hence why we have a Karai who does nothing and Casey Jones who we know they didn't want in the movie but Bay forced them so we get a bland version which is basically the character in name only or the absolute disappointment which was Shredder in this movie.

Out of the Shadows largely ripped the Avengers (2012) plot which I don't say as an insult after all if you're going to rip off other comic book movies it might as well be one that is really loved and not the Amazing Spider-Man (or Dark Knight Rises either sorry PKF).

The beauty of the Avengers was the plot was so simple I'm dumbfounded how Nemec and Applebaum managed to screw it up with needless complications, over explaining aspects that didn't need it and glossing over why important things like..y'know character motivation.

It's pretty clear that these are not character-driven writers and struggle to fit that in should think that perhaps laying off a needless excursions to museums they might have time to debate the character arc of the movie. Instead of just setting up the disagreement and then - whoops there's a break in and the museum. Maybe have them make the reasonable assumption the Foot would want the mutagen back and go to the straight to the police station and actually fight the Foot.

I also appreciate that things change in drafts but is it too much for them to ask not to create problems for themselves. I imagine they wanted the turtles to know who they were up against so they had Don hack the Technodrome pieces to get Krang's name. If Don's tech is that good why can't he hack TCRI's computers or command the drome pieces to go back? Wouldn't it be better if they'd simply learned it during Krang's own super villain monologing?

While the turtles deciding their status and convincing the cops were good and pretty effective scenes it's awfully convenient that the Technodrome pieces were so slow forming otherwise they'd all be dead. Speaking of which why did the Techndrome come through in pieces? I imagine this was done so that the turtles could reach it by imitating Qbert to get there but wouldn't it have made sense for it go something like the portal time to grow big and/or stable enough for the Technodrome to come through and the turtles to surmise Shredder would have the means to get there (which he did) and go with the Police to face him at TCRI...hey maybe we could have worked in some turtles vs Shredder action.

See? Overthinking things that just require simple solutions.

It's probably too much to expect but everything up to Shredder in custody was garbage just there because they though it would make a cool scene and have cameos from NBA players and Bumblebee and Victoria Secret-ware and advertise those brands but stuff like that needs to be rethought. I'd actually rather have the first 10 minutes of Megan Fox running around "deducing" things like last time then we got this time.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #13
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
The problem is-if you are going to make a third one, and do a triliogy- then you need to hit several points; deal with the characters left hanging (Rocksteady, Bebop, shredder, Krang, and baxter stockman) present a threat bigger than the last one (super shredder, triceriton and rock soldier invasion) put something that resembles a plot in to hold it together (Northampton, the team rallying after a defeat) and bring a final conclusion to the villians (technodrome go boom, villains presumed dead), to tie everything up. In short, you have to top the technodrome from last time, and the invasion is the best way to do that.
That's the problem with doing another sequel to this particular movie. They've featured all the characters and elements from what people consistently scream is the version every TMNT media should follow which has left them with no clear way to go next.

From a commercial standpoint no other character carries anywhere near same nostalgic pull as the ones the ones they've featured in the current movie and considering that the main Fred Wolf cast has failed to draw people in is adding more going to do the business?

From a creative standpoint these writers struggle with anything remotely complicated. Juggling so many characters and concepts in Out of the Shadows was obviously difficult for them and I can't imagine what adding more would do.

I'm not sure why everyone wants Triceratons or thinks it's a possibility. They've made clear the characters they want are Fred Wolf ones (yes I'm aware they were in an episode...late in the series when people had long stopped caring). You've seen how they treat non-Fred Wolf characters?

If you want Triceratons wouldn't it be better if you had the turtles marooned off world and taking part in the gladiator arena story? Something like The Hunger Games movies with the climax is them having to win in order to get back to Earth. Simply shoving them in with Rock Soldiers not only looks conceptually weird but does them a disservice. It's including them for the sake of including them which - as we see from both PD movies never works out well.

I know you're a big fan of mixing and matching versions but I'm not sure that the Northampton farmhouse fits with PD. They are clearly of the school of thought that you can't go too long without a change of pace so I can't imagine that we'd get much character growth there. Besides concepts like the the turtles licking their wounds at the farm work when the the threat isn't so urgent. The city being taken over (literally by an alien invasion force) is not something I can see super heroes ignoring for that long. Also it's much more dark a concept to fit in to the PD-verse, besides why would Krang just stop at NYC? It wouldn't be too hard to think of a reason but I don't trust Nemec and Applebaum to come up with a plausible one.

The biggest problem is that none of this solves the major problems with PD TMNT approach, that it's very Transformers-esque, no Yoshi/Saki rivalry etc. This just continues it but hopefully with a better execution and all you have to do is look at Out of the Shadows numbers to see the faith people have in that.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #14
MathUser
Thug

LOL, Oh wow, the turtle blimp. That has no place in a realistic universe. I know they are out of the shadows now, but now they're gonna be able to rent somewhere to keep a blimp? They ain't keeping it in the sewers, that's for sure.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #15
Shark_Blade
Emperor

If they can have a hi-tech garbage truck right in the open, a turtle blimp is no biggie.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
LOL, Oh wow, the turtle blimp. That has no place in a realistic universe. I know they are out of the shadows now, but now they're gonna be able to rent somewhere to keep a blimp? They ain't keeping it in the sewers, that's for sure.
What about this universe is realistic to you? The buoyancy of a tank? Falling out of a plane & landing on another plane or having all of your blood drained without dying? Humans having dormant safari animal DNA? NYC being stupid enough to let any of this sh*t fly?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

For this to be the entire movie:

Old 06-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
For this to be the entire movie:

Signifigant improvement.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #19
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Since a sequel is unlikely, and we're heading into reboot country, this is what I would've like to have seen;

In my perfect world, we'd get a reboot with a quick origin flashback at the beginning; a human daoist monk with the nickname splinter (for breaking boards with his martial arts) gets mutated along with four baby turtles in an accident, and raises them in the sewers to become ninjas. The main enemy is Rat King, and Leatherhead and Slash are supporting enemies. Louts Blossom is the lead female ally (Since Fan Binbing wants to play a role in this sderies) And Carther plays a role similar to Keno in movie one (played by Jaden Smith), and we start the story after the 'shredder wars' against the foot, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang have ended, and April and Casey have moved to Northhampton.

But we'll probably just get another reboot, with shredder, again. I just hope whatever comes next is of high quality....

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 07-21-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #20
sdp
-

I was going to make a thread of what would you have wanted in TMNT3 but remembered I had already made this topic when there was still a possibility of it happening. Since it's been a year I thought I'd just revive this topic instead.

For me I've realized that as flawed as the movies are I enjoy enough of them and still feel sad we didn't get a third movie. I would've wanted to see them go super crazy with the mutants as I stated in my OP and have mutants around NYC, it was truly the only way to go and make this adaptation worthwhile. Never again will we get an adaptation were that would be acceptable in live action.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
never going to happen, tmnt3