The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
. I love how season 2 was all about finding the mutagen and it was forgotten about like 3 episodes later.
Season 2 was never about finding all the mutagen, we settled this before. The mutagen canister leak was to explain where all the new mutants were popping out from. The Turtles can't scour millions of miles of New York looking for mutagen canisters.

Quote:
I also like how they just randomly had April in the lair without showing how she met Splinter.
She met him off-screen. It's not a big deal.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 PM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ok, her mom is dead... April's origin still adds up to a bunch of question marks.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Kirby worked for the Kraang, he and his wife either visited or were abducted by the Kraang at some point. The Kraang experimented on her, she gave birth to April, then her mother died...then they tried to clone her and she became a monster, etc.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #24
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Kirby worked for the Kraang, he and his wife either visited or were abducted by the Kraang at some point. The Kraang experimented on her, she gave birth to April, then her mother died...then they tried to clone her and she became a monster, etc.
Why did Kirby worked for the Kraang the dude was a psychologist,why the Oneals of all people, are there more people like April and if not why did it take this long for them to make a person like April, and why exactly is April key to taking over the universe I know they said her mind was the center of the "universe" but what does that mean exactly
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #25
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Doesn't count unless we see it in the show.

The show was cool but far from perfect. I love how season 2 was all about finding the mutagen and it was forgotten about like 3 episodes later.

I also like how they just randomly had April in the lair without showing how she met Splinter.

When are we getting that OT Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady epidode?
The new crossover is already out on DVD, not sure when it's airing but it's available online.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Why did Kirby worked for the Kraang the dude was a psychologist,why the Oneals of all people, are there more people like April and if not why did it take this long for them to make a person like April, and why exactly is April key to taking over the universe I know they said her mind was the center of the "universe" but what does that mean exactly
The Kraang had many humans working for them, even Snakeweed did in his human form in the first episode. April being the first human/Kraang hybrid due to experimentation on her mother is likely why they considered her so special. April didn't get those telepathic powers out of nowhere.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #27
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The Kraang had many humans working for them, even Snakeweed did in his human form in the first episode.
That doesn't answer my question why did Kirby worked for the Kraang, was it because of money was he in hard times when did he find out the Kraang were up to no good, how long has he been on the run.

Quote:
April being the first human/Kraang hybrid due to experimentation on her mother is likely why they considered her so special. April didn't get those telepathic powers out of nowhere.
So how long have they been making Kraang hybrids, and again why are the O neals so damn important what do they have in their DNA that makes them so unique compared to the billions of people on the Earth.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:29 PM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
That doesn't answer my question why did Kirby worked for the Kraang, was it because of money was he in hard times when did he find out the Kraang were up to no good, how long has he been on the run.

So how long have they been making Kraang hybrids, and again why are the O neals so damn important what do they have in their DNA that makes them so unique compared to the billions of people on the Earth.
Right. Something about April being "the one" made her DNA the key to making their mutagen work right on Earth, but if they created April so many years ago, why not just make another Kraang-Human hybrid instead of hunting her down? And why did it take them 16 years to find her? It's not like they were laying low. They lived openly in NYC and didn't bother to change their names or anything.

The frustrating thing is that Kirby knows way more than he's ever been willing to divulge. I understand "protecting her from the truth" growing up, but after the events of season 1, why continue to keep secrets?

Surely she would have had a conversation with him about Mom-thing after Battle for New York. I guess the writers knew there was a lot of holes in the story and just chose to abandon that whole plot.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #29
miru
Mad Scientist

For MM, until the writers say something, I'll assume toe freezing process eventually killed him, or that the Krang were able to terminate his life functions.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #30
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

That's what I absolutely HATED about this show. It brought in new characters and plot points constantly to the point that they either were abandoned, or got resolved in an unsatisfying way due to being rushed or being done off-screen. It, along with the characters getting flanderized made me quit caring when the space arc aired.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
That's what I absolutely HATED about this show. It brought in new characters and plot points constantly to the point that they either were abandoned, or got resolved in an unsatisfying way due to being rushed or being done off-screen. It, along with the characters getting flanderized made me quit caring when the space arc aired.
*Inb4 Cubed says 'lol what, this show is perfect with 0 flaws, lock this thread'*

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #32
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
*Inb4 Cubed says 'lol what, this show is perfect with 0 flaws, lock this thread'*
you can't take away the g uys thunder. he lives for these moments.

oh well, I guess someone can always come in and call me a troll. that seems to be a new favorite pass time for the over emotional .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
LOL, what? You seem bizarrely angry for a show that wrapped up all it's main plot points and characters. The only loose ends are with minor secondary or third tier characters.

Also if you're laughably claiming you quit back during the space arc in Season 4, then you have absolutely no clue of how the rest of the show has been handled and all the character arcs that have been concluded. So why even say such a thing if you haven't watched the rest of the episodes?

Come back to us after you've watched all of Season 4 and 5, then you'll have a valid opinion.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #34
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

I'm pretty sure the only reason April has seemingly limitless "mind powers" is for plot relief because the writers were too lazy. That has been my by far biggest problem with this show, the amount of times April saves the day by doing some crazy mind power move that we didn't even know she could do. The most annoying thing is when she says "I can sense...' just to continue the plot. Its lazy writing and it has totally derailed the show for me. The episode with her mother in the spaceship in the basement of that house or whatever was so interesting it doesn't surprise me in the least that they refuse to expand on it.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #35
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, I think they did have more in store for her, but they probably couldn't do it because of the network and what they wanted. Remember how they said Mutagen Man would play a big role in season 2 and people complained that he didn't do much? That's probably because they did have plans for him but the network stepped in and nixed that.

I had mixed feelings about her powers, but now I don't mind them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #36
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
I'm pretty sure the only reason April has seemingly limitless "mind powers" is for plot relief because the writers were too lazy. That has been my by far biggest problem with this show, the amount of times April saves the day by doing some crazy mind power move that we didn't even know she could do. The most annoying thing is when she says "I can sense...' just to continue the plot. Its lazy writing and it has totally derailed the show for me. The episode with her mother in the spaceship in the basement of that house or whatever was so interesting it doesn't surprise me in the least that they refuse to expand on it.
It's sad.

For a show supposedly being run by devoted fans, why would they not put their best effort forward and make it seem like they give a damn about plot and resolving things? they seemed more interested in trying to work in cool monster shows to the point of even bringing dracula into the damn series..

smh...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #37
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
It's sad.

For a show supposedly being run by devoted fans, why would they not put their best effort forward and make it seem like they give a damn about plot and resolving things? they seemed more interested in trying to work in cool monster shows to the point of even bringing dracula into the damn series..

smh...
I guess it depends on your view of the show, some people think they have put love into it, other's not. The monster arc was supposed to just be a fun one off tale, not sure it needed 4 eps but it was okay.

As for April's powers, mixed on that, at least the extent of them anyway. I think they did that to make something more of her, seen as she was only training throughout the series and when finally a Kunoich, still only just trained.

Last edited by newfan; 09-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
It's sad.

smh...
They put plenty of work and effort into the show, you just don't care and sit there acting like you have no idea what goes on and forget what happens week after week. Throughout the entire show you kept saying things like, "I don't remember" or "When did this happen?" and it had nothing to do with the show itself, either the real-life breaks or you just weren't paying attention.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #39
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Quote:
LOL, what? You seem bizarrely angry for a show that wrapped up all it's main plot points and characters. The only loose ends are with minor secondary or third tier characters.

Also if you're laughably claiming you quit back during the space arc in Season 4, then you have absolutely no clue of how the rest of the show has been handled and all the character arcs that have been concluded. So why even say such a thing if you haven't watched the rest of the episodes?

Come back to us after you've watched all of Season 4 and 5, then you'll have a valid opinion.
Actually, I have been watching the show. I just don't watch new episodes as soon as they come out. What I meant by "quit", I meant that I stopped being a fan and just watched casually since it nearly killed my love for TMNT. My opinion is still valid. They handled Newtralizer and Dreg HORRIBLY.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
They handled Newtralizer and Dreg HORRIBLY.
Really? Newtralizer wasn't even a character in his first episode (he didn't even speak), and the second episode just had him properly introduced as a ex-convict from the salamander race or whatever he was. Then in his final appearance he came back for revenge and worked with Dregg. How was he handled "horribly" that you put it in all caps?

As for Dregg, he was an insectoid warlord that got more and more insane with revenge against the Turtles. He came to Earth for one final assault and died. What were you expecting?

Tags
cybercubed is justice, hi brandon, pappenbrooksonicfetish, sharkbladeweirdness