The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I love irony
I know right?

Whole reason I'm leaving the TMNT section.

One can only take so much Cybercubed. Poor dude has to live with himself 24/7.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 09-22-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #42
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I wouldn't leave just because of Cubed. I just laugh after everything he says now.

I understand where you're coming from though, Coola.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #43
2K3
Foot Soldier

Here's my list:

1) April's Mother - that story-arc was loaded with potential and it was all but forgotten after Northampton. I feel like the entire Kraang storyline lost it's full potential because the writers forgot about how they were chasing April.
2) Kirby O'Neil - Considering how important he was in the first season, it hurts me how he was just swept under the carpet for later seasons. Though when he became the "Kirby-Bat", I thought that was brilliant (he could become the "Wingnut" of the series)!
3) The Mutagen problem - The problem with collecting mutagen containers was rather weird; it would have been cool if it was revealed that vat Stockman had was comprised of several containers found by his MOUSERS (would have helped narrow it down.
4) Casey/ Hun - I think we can all say Casey was wasted potential (too much of an idiot in this version). But what really annoyed me was that they didn't expand his rivarly with Hun in this series!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #44
Allio
Foot Elite

pretty much any of the mutants that were introduced in the motw episodes.

I mean I would love more Squirrlanoirds and I would like the dream beavers to return
Old 09-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
pretty much any of the mutants that were introduced in the motw episodes.

I mean I would love more Squirrlanoirds and I would like the dream beavers to return
That's what the Nick comics IDW published did. They brought back a lot of the one-off mutants the cartoon only have 1-2 episodes too and gave them more stories.

Baxter and Spiderbitez team up to rob a bank, the Squirrelnoids got another story, Napoleon and the Punk Frogs visited New York, we got another Muckman story, Snakeweed appeared in about 3 more issues, and I'm pretty sure Sir Malachi appeared again.

The Nick comics may have been "filler" but they did give more stories to the random mutants of the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #46
Allio
Foot Elite

Shame they were sh!t
Old 09-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Shame they were sh!t
The stories themselves weren't bad, it was just filler. I mean the average plot in those stories aren't much different than the show.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #48
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's what the Nick comics IDW published did. They brought back a lot of the one-off mutants the cartoon only have 1-2 episodes too and gave them more stories.

Baxter and Spiderbitez team up to rob a bank, the Squirrelnoids got another story, Napoleon and the Punk Frogs visited New York, we got another Muckman story, Snakeweed appeared in about 3 more issues, and I'm pretty sure Sir Malachi appeared again.

The Nick comics may have been "filler" but they did give more stories to the random mutants of the show.
But a lot of the one-off mutants were celebrity voices that Nick couldn't afford to have large contracts with. Steve Blum for example is an anime voice actor and likely is part of a different union if at all.

There were some exceptions such as with David Tenant (though his lines were recorded off-site. They didn't fly him from the UK to America).

Even if they weren't celebrities these characters and their voices still have to be factored into an episodes budget.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #49
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Some plotlines I wished they had used was psychological issues with the Turtles in regards to their adventures.

I mean they sort of do that with Leonardo with his PTSD, where his leg would seem to heal. But then he would get reminded about how he got injured and see himself as too weak to lead the team so his injuries would hurt him again as a result.

And of course, Raph being scared of bugs and how he reacts to them in Insecta Trifecta. And how he emotionally just shuts down after Mona Lisa betrays them.

But Mikey spent months in Dimension X without his brothers, even though his brothers were just fifteen seconds behind him, the time spent there was still a long time in which he had to learn how to understand and survive that world. Or nearly being eaten alive by Mega-Shredder. Or heck, Mikey is one of the more volatile ones since his brothers don't listen to him or take him seriously because he's the youngest and he has a wild imagination.

Donnie also has some moments no one sane can just walk away unscathed. The whole possession thing...maybe he has no memory of that since the guy who was possessed before appeared to have blacked out between when he was possessed and removed from the car. But you can also make the whole arg+t of he doesn't remember because he doesn't want to. But then there is Donnie's death at the hands of April. Something like that is not something a sane person can walk away from and not seriously be affected by it in some fashion.

That would have been a good situation for Leo and Donnie to bond. Because Leo would be distressed that one of his brothers wasn't just murdered...his brother was executed, and there was nothing he could do to prevent it from happening. All he could do was stand by and watch. And because of that he feels he failed one of his brothers when they needed him most.

This could be do in part to Splinter's death. Leo could become militantly over protective of his brothers in regards to their fathers death and even bring up moments where they have died or nearly died as justfication. But in reality hes afraid of losing the rest of his brothers the same way they lost Splinter. After all the other turtles do have moments where they comment that being the head of the family is hard on Leo, but nothing really comes of it.

But this would be a perfect set up for Donnie and Raph to have a bonding episode. After all Raph has that mantra that Splinter taught him that translates to "This means nothing". Splinter then tells Raph not to tell his brothers because he wanted to use the same lesson on them in time. But of course, Splinter dies not long after this lesson.

So say Donnie is having some acute anxiety disorder if not full on PTSD about his own death experiences that are triggered by Splinter's death. Raph starts to grasp what's going on and then teaches that mantra to Donnie to help him brake his focus on the distress.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

April's mom...

Given the strange absence (and presumed deaths) of mom's in this show for all the major characters, Turtle and human like, it would have been cool if April's mom would have been found alive eventually.

How awesome would it have been for the Turtles to run into her at some point in the space arc and, after the Kraang kidnapping her, it turns out she's been some kind of intergalactic space warrior all these years? But unable to get home, or resisted going back after believing her family was no more and has always kept herself involved with the next battle that needs her assistance. Then the Turtles bring her home... Total tearjerker opportunity missed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #51
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
April's mom...

Given the strange absence (and presumed deaths) of mom's in this show for all the major characters, Turtle and human like, it would have been cool if April's mom would have been found alive eventually.

How awesome would it have been for the Turtles to run into her at some point in the space arc and, after the Kraang kidnapping her, it turns out she's been some kind of intergalactic space warrior all these years? But unable to get home, or resisted going back after believing her family was no more and has always kept herself involved with the next battle that needs her assistance. Then the Turtles bring her home... Total tearjerker opportunity missed.
That could have been a story, I wonder if she would have been altered from all the experiments. I had always assumed the experiments killed her though.
Speaking of lack of moms, we know very little about Shinni but I assume we could likely add her to the motherless teens, seen as no-one is looking for their teenage daughter who moved to NY to take over the foot with Karai
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #52
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
That could have been a story, I wonder if she would have been altered from all the experiments. I had always assumed the experiments killed her though.
Speaking of lack of moms, we know very little about Shinni but I assume we could likely add her to the motherless teens, seen as no-one is looking for their teenage daughter who moved to NY to take over the foot with Karai
Or what about Casey’s mom, she is a literal non-entity. I mean yeah, it’s possible she’s dead, idw Casey’s mom dies of cancer for example. So Casey is focusing on the family he currently has. But all the same, April’s mom has some focus in this series and all we are left with are no answers as to what became of her. When in reality, maybe Bishop could have taken her April aside and we wouldn’t hear what was being said but we would know it wasn’t good.

Then later Casey or maybe Casey and Leo, heck maybe just Karai approaches April and asks if she is up to talking about it. April then reveals she was informed her mother was killed at some point after the Krang captured her.

If it was Casey he could bring up his mother and how he lost her so he could sympathize.

Leo could tell April about when they went back in time to back before Splinter had come to New York. And how they wanted to prevent Tang Shens death, and they all felt like the biggest failures when they couldn’t. But that’s why they live, because they wouldn’t be the people they were if she had. And they fight so other familys are not torn apart by monsters such as the Kraang, or the Shredder, or whoever else.

With Karai, I would say she would tell April that she was lucky that she even knew her mother at all.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-15-2017 at 12:16 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #53
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Or what about Casey’s mom, she is a literal non-entity. I mean yeah, it’s possible she’s dead, idw Casey’s mom dies of cancer for example. So Casey is focusing on the family he currently has. But all the same, April’s mom has some focus in this series and all we are left with are no answers as to what became of her. When in reality, maybe Bishop could have taken her April aside and we wouldn’t hear what was being said but we would know it wasn’t good.
Ciro answered a few questions after the apocalypse aired, both moms were addressed. He said April's died when they experimented on her and that Casey's parents are divorced, that just never came up in the show though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #54
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Ciro answered a few questions after the apocalypse aired, both moms were addressed. He said April's died when they experimented on her and that Casey's parents are divorced, that just never came up in the show though.
That’s a reason for her to not be brought up in the show.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

They never said April's mother was alive in the show either, it's just some random fanfiction people wanted and stated it as fact that it had to happen like the whole "Dark Raph" thing people conjured up in their minds just because Raph was brainwashed for a single episode.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #56
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The only real clue we have to April's mother being dead is in buried secrets and April commenting that perhaps her mother is gone for good. And then Leo responds by "Never give up hope, trust me on that..."

So that left it ambiguous as to whether her mother was alive or not and we only hear from Auman at the end of the series that April's mother was indeed killed off sometime after she was recaptured.

While I appreciate the ambiguity so that people can find and come to their own conclusion. But still this is one plot line that should have had some closure in someway.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

April should've been in the series finale in my opinion. Even Casey, who only appeared in season 2, appeared in those episodes in some form while April, a character who first appeared in episode 1, was totally absent.

I believe the writers should've taken advantage of her status as a Mutant and made her a survivor of the Mutant-Only apocalypse. Maybe since she was part Kraang, she would've been able to give birth to and resurrect humanity (since I assume the Kraang asexually reproduce), and live out her days as an old tribal chief respected by her clan. I imagine the new half-Kraang humans would have had telekinetic powers just like their Maternal ancestor.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #58
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So...in the league of the Kraang plotline...did they ever explain how exactly the Utroms were able to come under the hivemind?

How did the survivors get away?

How did Knight/SubPrime manage to have so much freedom in spite of being part of the hive mind?

Who killed King?

What's up with the "Sub-SubPrime thing" that Bishop mentioned to rile up SubPrime?

What did Knight do in the past to have once been considered a hero before he went full Vader?

What's keeping the surviving Utroms from growing their numbers?

The history of the Kraang would probably have been a pretty darn important part of the storyline since they're so closely connected to the turtles origins.

(And also, the fact that there are established female/feminine Utroms, and we're shown a pair cuddling, I assume they do sexually reproduce. Maybe differently from other versions of Utroms, though. I definitely don't think Nick Utroms are live bearers like the others)
Old 11-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #59
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

I'm sad we never got a Christmas episode.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #60
sdp
-

I feel the kraang didn't get a satisfying finale, they deserved better.

Karai's partner, we never learned much about her, I don't even remember her name (shimigami?)

Mighty Mutanimals, they were featured more than enough for guest characters so I can't complain but since it's a "wish" thread then yeah I would've loved to have seen more of them.

Hun/The Purple Dragons, what was the purpose of introducing Bruce Lee Hun if they barely did anything with him? He had potential, in fact I don't think he ever straight up fought the turtles. Same with the Purple Dragons, were they a gang or just those 4 dudes? Also remember when that one purple dragon helped Leo in the first season? That never went anywhere.

April being a high schooler, I was not a fan of her psychic powers but they could've had an interesting dynamic with April still being in HS instead of completely ignoring it besides in an episode or two.

The italian mafia, they were used enough but they had a lot of potential, wish they had been used more and had an actual plot against the turtles besides the anti-mutant one.

Russian arms guy, yeah he became Rocksteady but he appeared since Season 1 and he had a lot of potential as well to give the turtles more stories.

Too bad the writers wasted all those opportunities in horror spoofs.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked