The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #221
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Not feeling McCarthy either but at least I think she’ll be better than the awful live action Jaafar.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #222
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Styles was actually waiting to see if would get the lead role in Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley biopic before committing to this project. If all goes well him not playing Elvis might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
Styles was one of the contenders to play Elvis Presley in Baz Luhrmann’s movie. He was waiting to see if he landed that role after testing for it, before committing to Little Mermaid.
Harry Styles In Talks For Disney’s ‘Little Mermaid’

Also, Disney Music's official Twitter showed that Alan Menken and Lin Manuel Miranda are continuing to work on the new songs.

Quote:
⚠️ MAGIC MAKERS AT WORK!! ⚠️

https://twitter.com/DisneyMusic/stat...60514623483904
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #223
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Javier Bardem is in talks to play King Triton. He wasn't the first person I had in mind for this part, but I think he'll be great.

Javier Bardem in Talks to Play King Triton in Disney’s ‘Little Mermaid’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
you know you don't have to post every person who is sucking up/welcoming her to the disney family its not gonna change some people's opinion on the casting
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's not so much opinions as it is rubbing the bias of elitist agenda-pushing shill hollywood in our faces. Of COURSE they're going to welcome her with open arms, that's to be expected.
Well, longtime Disney voice actor Jim Cummings, who voiced King Triton in The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, bravely liked this Tweet from someone who didn't approve of the casting of Ariel and by doing that it sounds like he doesn't either. I don't think that he'll get in trouble for it and I certainly hope he doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ishiro
Well, add another #ginger to the list that's been brown-washed. Man, does Hollywood just *really* hate Celtic people or what?
https://twitter.com/J_Ishiro/status/1146902046768975873
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #224
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
J

Well, longtime Disney voice actor Jim Cummings, who voiced King Triton in The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, bravely liked this Tweet from someone who didn't approve of the casting of Ariel and by doing that it sounds like he doesn't either. I don't think that he'll get in trouble for it and I certainly hope he doesn't.

https://twitter.com/J_Ishiro/status/1146902046768975873
not surprised regarding Jim Cummings .

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-17-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #225
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
not surprised regarding Jim Cummings.
I have admired Cummings as a person and an actor since I was a little boy. Lots of his colleagues consider him to be one of the nicest guys around. We all have different opinions, but now that I think about it I don't know if it was the best idea for him to like that Tweet. One of his good friends in the voice acting industry, Cree Summer, who has African-American heritage, is insanely talented and she's voiced characters in cartoons who aren't the same race as her. Penny from Inspector Gadget and Elmyra Duff from Tiny Toon Adventures are good examples. Summer was clearly cast in those parts because she obviously had the right voice that they were looking for.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-17-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #226
Sumac
Banned

Everyone has right for their own opinion, as long as it not extreme.
Hating on someone for a mere disagreement is sign of mental illness.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #227
sdp
-

Counting navels are a big no-no for Disney I wonder how they'll re-do the shell bikini. I'm guessing they'll go with a one piece swimsuit aquaman looking blouse. Almost as big of a screw up as having a black Ariel.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:46 PM   #228
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yeah I don’t think they’re gonna go with sea shells - parading boobs and cleavages to little children is gonna get lots of angry moms sending death threats to Disney. Probably gonna be a part/full suit like Aquaman too but obviously with mermaid tail.

With cool suits like that, Atlantica would have been a high tech city too.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:56 PM   #229
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Counting navels are a big no-no for Disney I wonder how they'll re-do the shell bikini. I'm guessing they'll go with a one piece swimsuit aquaman looking blouse. Almost as big of a screw up as having a black Ariel.
They give her a t-shirt with text "men sux".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:14 PM   #230
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Don’t think a shirt gonna last in the ocean tho.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #231
raph27
Mad Scientist

I'm imagining something like the teal scaly suit that Mera wore in Aquaman, except y'know with a tail instead of legs.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #232
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Harry Styles passed on the role of Prince Eric.

https://thedisinsider.com/2019/08/13...ittle-mermaid/
Old 08-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #233
CyberCubed
Overlord

So this movie won’t just be an inter-species relationship between a mermaid and a human, but also an interracial one since Eric is still white. I wonder if that will come up in the movie similar to the taboo of Triton hating mermaids with humans, since Triton will be black most likely.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #234
Xav
Foot Elite

We don't know what race Eric will be as they haven't cast him yet. Also Javier Bardem isn't black.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #235
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
We don't know what race Eric will be as they haven't cast him yet. Also Javier Bardem isn't black.
So Ariel isn't his real daughter but adopted? They just keep changing more and more things aren't they?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #236
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Also Javier Bardem isn't black.
For all we know the mom is Leslie Jones, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #237
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Christian Navarro of 13 Reasons Why is auditioning for the part of Prince Eric now that Harry Styles is no longer up for the part. Should he get it, Disney would continue to diversify the cast by having a Latino play Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Navarro
So I heard Harry Styles passed on Prince Eric, well...I can sing. Black Ariel/Latino Prince...no ones called but Season 3 drops next week and I think it’s one hell of an audition

Idk what happened to the other tweet.
But! @disney saw this, saw your support, and gave my team a call. They wanted to see what I could do. Tapes sent. Fingers crossed. Let’s make some history. #iloveyou3000 #PrinceEric #TheLittleMermaid https://twitter.com/ChristianLN0821/...33438383009792
https://ew.com/movies/2019/09/03/13-...d-prince-eric/
Old 09-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well a Latino being cast makes sense with a black Little Mermaid. I don’t think Eric has to be a white cis male.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #239
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well a Latino being cast makes sense with a black Little Mermaid. I don’t think Eric has to be a white cis male.
They'll need someone to fill the "dopey white guy" capacity.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #240
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They'll need someone to fill the "dopey white guy" capacity.
*Scans for hidden Everett Ross reference*
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote