The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-11-2021, 11:28 AM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So you have no pets because you have or would eat them?

There is no "deserve to be eaten," that's ridiculous. Maybe theists think the world is "designed" that way, but I find that silly.

Fact of life, things get eaten to sustain other things, be you a rabbit that couldn't escape the fox, the human that could not get away from some larger predator, or a PLANT that is treated as not living (even though you are) just because you can't stare them back in the eye. Or the human, other animal, or plant that managed to live out your existence and died and now the bacteria, bugs, and/or scavengers chow down on your remains because you are done, but they still need to thrive and what's left of you helps them do that...

Do vegans and vegetarians only eat the fruits produced by plants? Or do they include the plants themselves in many cases? Because the plants actually mean for all those apples, tomatoes, grapes, etc to be eaten, however, they do not mean for the entire plant to be killed and consumed, you know. You think the plants want to die?

Lets be realistic, if we aren't going to eat living things, then we should be eating nothing.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-11-2021 at 11:35 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pigs, cows, chickens, etc. are mindless animals that deserve to be eaten. There's a reason why (most) countries do not eat dogs, cats or horses, because they bonded with humans and became our allies.

Cows are so damn stupid they'll stand on the conveyor belts waiting to chopped up. If they couldn't evolve over thousands of years of men cultivating them than they are mindless husks of meat in my mind.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:07 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Do vegans and vegetarians only eat the fruits produced by plants? Or do they include the plants themselves in many cases? Because the plants actually mean for all those apples, tomatoes, grapes, etc to be eaten, however, they do not mean for the entire plant to be killed and consumed, you know. You think the plants want to die?

Lets be realistic, if we aren't going to eat living things, then we should be eating nothing.
Vegans do eat plants but not animals because animals have a central nervous system and are capable of feeling pain and suffering like people, as well as for health reasons and to help the environment since animal agriculture causes the most damage of all things. The world's leading medical establishments have also stated that well planned vegan diets are appropriate for all stages of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So you have no pets because you have or would eat them?

There is no "deserve to be eaten," that's ridiculous. Maybe theists think the world is "designed" that way, but I find that silly.
I'm a theist and I dont think like that.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-11-2021 at 12:24 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:12 PM   #24
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Ain't no way I'm ever giving up meat.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:08 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Everyone will be eating lab grown meat in the next decades regardless, people will switch because the taste is the same but at a much lower cost since prices of real meat are only going to increase. So either way it looks like animals have a bright future.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:33 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

If that happens there will be less animals for the obvious reasons that humans purposely breed animals on farms so we have an endless supply of new meat. Eventually farms for cows, chicken, pigs, etc will be less and less...so by default there will be less animals. There will be no reason to breed them anymore.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #27
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Yeah, a lot of animals wouldn't even exist out there if they weren't bred for food by humans, so for the most part we are killing animals we ourselves gave birth to in the first place. Some could even be gone extinct at this point. Veganism is an impressive proof of commitment, I must admit, but it doesn't make any sense.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #28
Zack
Mouser

Post Valiant Effort

I suppose you got to do what you got to do but man is it a hard sell. Asking a bunch of Shellbacks NOT to eat regular pizza! LOL

I wish you the best and good on you, but even if all of us here were to follow your suggestion I doubt it would be enough to put a dent in either industries enough for them to lower production.

As for me I've never found a suitable alternative to diary nor meat. Each one I've tried has either been too expensive or had the strangest aftertaste. I suppose with repetition I could get used to the latter but the temptation of those items would always linger.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #29
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Lol you won't convince anyone here, just jaded boomers here. I have a mostly Pescatarian/vegetarian diet.
As do I. I could never do the vegan thing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Animals are lower life forms. They deserve to be eaten by man.
You can actually say the same about some people I guess. Animals tend to be better company than people anyhow.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:26 PM   #30
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Vegans do eat plants but not animals because animals have a central nervous system and are capable of feeling pain and suffering like people, as well as for health reasons and to help the environment since animal agriculture causes the most damage of all things. The world's leading medical establishments have also stated that well planned vegan diets are appropriate for all stages of life.
They usually forgot to mention that they are expensive as **** and not for every stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Everyone will be eating lab grown meat in the next decades regardless, people will switch because the taste is the same but at a much lower cost since prices of real meat are only going to increase. So either way it looks like animals have a bright future.
I am afraid we are quite far away from it.

And not because, of misplaced sentimentality, but , because, it'd provided good food for poor people.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #31
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I know a Ninja turtles forum is the least effective medium to try and convince people, but its a medium nonetheless and I will use every single medium if I have to, even if it only has a 0.01% chance of convincing people since it'll only take me a few minutes to type this up. I plead with you all to go vegan, our current predicament is an extremely dangerous one, with the meat and dairy industry causing an untold amount of damage throughout the world.

The sheer amount of pollution caused by these industries is only possible because people still continue to consume animal products, not paying attention to the fact where our meat comes from today is nothing like the old days. Gone are the days when cattle and sheep were mostly raised by families organically and eaten once in a while.

Now, slaughterhouses and industrial dairy farms have profit and efficency at their forefront, paying minimal attention to environmental destruction and animal welfare. The animals are bred as fast as possible, live in horrific conditions, and it all happens behind closed doors. If people were able to see what happens with their own eyes, I doubt there would be many people morally supporting these industries despite humanity's collective financial support of them.

The good news is, being vegan is easier nowadays than it has ever been anytime in the past. I absolutely love the taste of meat, cheese and milk but when I realised the consequences of my actions, I went vegan this year and I have never looked back.

Going vegan is very easy when you consider how many options there are now for vegan foods, and when you give time to reflect upon the very real consequences of continuing to feed into the industries that support animal abuse. If we are to have a future, it's one where we learn to respect the environment, our health and the rights of animals once again.

So please go Vegan, you can absolutely make a difference. That is all, have a good day.

What the h3ll for? Lol.

And no. If there is no meat in the meal, its just a snack. Animals are here for us to eat. Yum yum. Pass the bacon.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:28 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just stay away from stuff like the "impossible burger" and such. It's all LOADED with estrogen hormones, so unless you'd like to grow boobs or suddenly start revisiting your pronouns... best to avoid at all costs. About the very last thing dudes need today is a bunch of estrogen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm no science-titian or anything, but there absolutely HAS to be a correlation between the rise of veganism as a trend, "meat substitutes", "Soy Boys" all that stuff over the last 20 years, and suddenly there's 37 different genders and an infinite number of new pronouns. It's just too much to be a coincidence.

Not saying it's a giant conspiracy or social experiment or anything like that. Just that back in the day when if you wanted a "meatless option" at a fast food place they just gave you a dry bun with lettuce and tomato and laughed at you on your way out the door, we didn't have All The Other Stuff going on.

You either ate meat, or you were one of the kids who got stuffed into lockers, you either had a "fishing pole" or a "fishing hole", so to speak, and That Was That. Suddenly there's "meat substitutes" and everybody's all screwed up across the board.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:15 PM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm no science-titian or anything, but there absolutely HAS to be a correlation between the rise of veganism as a trend, "meat substitutes", "Soy Boys" all that stuff over the last 20 years, and suddenly there's 37 different genders and an infinite number of new pronouns. It's just too much to be a coincidence
I think the rise of the 6 million genders/pronouns and emasculated males in Western World has more to do with the decline of religion and increased liberal ideology that seeks to destroy "the patriarchy" than diet. Soy has been mass consumed by Asians for thousands of years and for the most part, Asian men were still men until very recently when they've also been affected by the Western Liberal poison (especially the Japanese/South Koreans, hence them being more effeminate than the Chinese/North Koreans).
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't care about religion at all of any kind.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:28 PM   #36
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Asian men were still men until very recently when they've also been affected by the Western Liberal poison (especially the Japanese/South Koreans, hence them being more effeminate than the Chinese/North Koreans).
Wrong.

Asians always praised feminine looking men. They have different set of beauty standards, since the ancient times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm no science-titian or anything, but there absolutely HAS to be a correlation between the rise of veganism as a trend, "meat substitutes", "Soy Boys" all that stuff over the last 20 years, and suddenly there's 37 different genders and an infinite number of new pronouns. It's just too much to be a coincidence.
There is a connection, but it is not a conspiracy "men eat soy and become genderless crazies".

It is that certain things has become en vogue in Liberal circles, soy stuff is among them. It should show their individuality, much all like all other hipster ********.

Ironically, they desire to follow trends, turns into mindless consumerism (which they hate, in Twatter) and worshipping, leading to all those unique and toally special snowflakes, looking barely distinguishable from each other. So much for their goal of individuality!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:33 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know, now that you mention it... I cannot verify this, but the stereotype has always been that Asian men have very small penises.

AND, Japan has always been way ahead of the curve with regards to androgyny, "gender-bending", homosexuality, etc. being presented in their media. They've been putting that stuff in their media longer than anyone else has.

Huh.

.....................Huh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:57 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People: Omfg natural plant estrogen in soy!

Also people: I love eggs and dairy products and the many things they are used in!

edit: Not to mention the amount of beef and other meat we eat from female animals that you can't just wash the hormones out of.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-13-2021 at 04:03 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #39
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Two pages. That's exactly how far a topic like this can go before turning into junk.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #40
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Personally, I won't mind if people refuse to go vegan. Hell, I'm not even vegan myself.

However, I just wish that hunters would stop treating animals like this. [ WARNING: GRAPHIC ] It's inexcusable.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote