The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

You've got to love the scene where The Doctor had no clue where the Nestine Transmitter was even after Rose pointed it to him a billion times.
The Auton invasion was breif, but pretty excellent, a pity the Doctor's Internet fan had to be killed.

So apparently The Doctor has been involved in a war for some time now that eliminated the Nestene homeworld.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #22
Gemma
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
You've got to love the scene where The Doctor had no clue where the Nestine Transmitter was even after Rose pointed it to him a billion times.
Oh definitely! That was a classic scene! So funny!

At the end when Rose says that she's staying and he goes back into the TARDIS then disappears, she walks away and he comes back just to tell her that it travels through time as well, that was The Doctor true to form!

Quote:
The Auton invasion was breif, but pretty excellent, a pity the Doctor's Internet fan had to be killed.
I've heard a few people say that they were dissapointed in the revival of the Autons, they felt that it was all old hat and that they should have done something new. I personally thought it was great! A wonderful start to hopefully a long run.

It was a little sad that his fan died, I think he said something about being right just before he was shot. Poor guy, they could've kept him around for later episodes, that would've been a good idea.

Quote:
So apparently The Doctor has been involved in a war for some time now that eliminated the Nestene homeworld.
That doesn't suprise me, it is The Doctor after all, he gets about a bit.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #23
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

First off...altho I have never seen an ep of Dr. Who I think that the people at the scifi channel are complete morons for passing this up... too british my arse!

Now Im eagerly waiting the CBC premier of Dr. Who. Im just glad I live in one of the boarder states with Canada and have CBC (the only Canadian channel I have).

Perhaps tho Spike TV will pick it up??? They'll have a couple hours open in the Monday timeslot once WWE moves back to the USA network.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

10.3 million viewers in the U.K watched the first episode of the new series, prioving that the show probably could of been in a major success in the States had the Yanks grabbed it
Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Eccleston quits Dr. Who!

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4395849.stm

Actor Christopher Eccleston has quit as Doctor Who after just one episode of the new series, the BBC has confirmed.

Eccleston, whose first appearance as the Doctor on Saturday
attracted around 10 million viewers, is leaving at Christmas as he fears being typecast.

"Talks are taking place to replace him with Casanova star David Tennant.

"The BBC has commissioned a second, 13-part Doctor Who series, which will again be written by Russell T Davies and feature Billie Piper as Rose."

Outpost Gallifrey http://www.gallifreyone.com is also covering the news in detail.

Dierna note: What the shell?! Eccleston you moron!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord

You....f*cking Stupid Motherf*cker!

You Will Not Slay The Greatest F*cking Show Ever With This Bulls*it, You Think Tom Baker Gave A Rat's Ass About Being Type-cast? He Stayed Loyal For Seven F*cking Years!

Tenth Doctor? You Know What That F*cking Means? He's Only Got Two Lives Left!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #27
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Wow. That's really lame. Me and my friends are hardcore looking forward to this series.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

At least there WILL be a second season...and in hindsight, Eccelstons' departure will introduce new audiences to the concept of Regeneration
Old 03-31-2005, 05:47 AM   #29
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I have but one word to say: Damn!

On second thought, I have a little more to say: Damn you, Eccleston!
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:08 AM   #30
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Tenth Doctor? You Know What That F*cking Means? He's Only Got Two Lives Left!
You'd think with a show where it has something like that there'd be some clause in the contract to avoid actors coming and going.

Guy was a twat anyway, and had an annoying voice.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I just watched the second episode, good god, the Yanks ARE idiots, this story was amazing, The Doctor and Rose arrive on Platform One to witness the destruction of the Earth the year 5000000000000000 A.D, only to find someoen is attempting to wipe out the alien spectators to gain a profit.

Cassandra, the "last human" was probably the greatest part of the episode, she's nothing but a peice of skin after billions of plastic surgeries, Rose even calls her "Micheal Jackson"

The Doctor also reveals he's the last of the Time Lords, his planet has been destroyed.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #32
Brodie
Certified Teacher

This is classic. Hysterical, really.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #33
Gemma
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Eccleston, whose first appearance as the Doctor on Saturday
attracted around 10 million viewers, is leaving at Christmas as he fears being typecast.
Afraid of getting typecast? Eccleston? I think the damage has already been done mate. You were branded long before the show hit the air.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Update: The finale of the current season (entitled The Parting of the Ways) involves a massive Dalek invasion, the ending has been re-shot to set up the regeneration, with the chirstmas special being based around the regeneration from Roses' perspective.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Update: David Tennant Has Been Cast As The Doctor
Old 04-16-2005, 06:47 AM   #36
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Tennant confirmed as 10th Dr. Who

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e_doctorwho_dc

David Tennant, the star of period drama Casanova, has been named by the BBC as the new "Doctor Who" to front the cult science-fiction television series.

The BBC said Tennant, 33, would replace Christopher Eccleston who announced he was quitting after one series as the Doctor.

Tennant, who will star alongside Billie Piper, will be the 10th Time Lord.

"I grew up loving Doctor Who and it has been a lifelong dream to get my very own Tardis," he said.

"Taking over from Chris is a very daunting prospect -- he has done a fantastic job of reinventing the Doctor for a new generation and is a very tough act to follow."

Eccleston, whose first appearance as the ninth Doctor attracted 10 million viewers, said he was leaving the role because he feared being typecast.

Tennant has previously appeared in Stephen Fry's movie "Bright Young Things" and BBC drama "Blackpool."

Filming for a new 13-part adventure and Christmas special will start later in 2005.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:53 AM   #37
Barkworm
Super Moderator

One "Dr. Who" thread is enough.

Anarky: Yes, it is, that's why I've created the ultimate Doctor Who-Thread .
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Great episode this week, the show's first multi-part story since "Survival", even if it's only two parts, it does'nt matter, the cliffhanger was classic Doctor Who.

Poor Rose, instead of returning to her present time twelve hours after she left, she returned tweleve months later.

The Doctor: I was traveling with my companion

Police Officer: Companion? Do you mean that in terms of sexual relations?
Old 06-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #40
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Doctor Who: Bad Wolf/The Parting of The Ways

http://doctorwho.ytmnd.com/

Well, the signs and hints of Bad Wolf in the entire series havebuilt up towards this, this was the greatest clii-hanger of the revived series so far, The Daleks were behind Sattilite Five, The Doctor discovered his diposing of The Editor at the conclusion of "The Long Game" enabled The Daleks (miraculousy survving the Time War that wiped out the Time Lords) to seize control of the Earths' telivision outlets, use a transamt to pluck humans off the planet, and force them to play games to maintain thier lives.

Next week: The Daleks invade Earth, The Doctor attempts to redeem himself at any cost, and faces another consequence of his recent actions...the reason why The Dalek empire still survives.

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity