The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 04:58 PM   #1
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

10 years later

I am taking my friend on a new journey to watch tmnt 2012 for the first time on my podcast. As it also being the 10 year anniversary I thought It would be a good idea to take a look back at these episodes and discuss the pros and cons for each ep. I will read these comment out load on the podcast, so yeah.

Soon we will be talking about the episode panic in the sewers from season 1. I So what do people think of this episode?

Me personally would say that this episode presented interesting themes and ideas but never expand on them. Also great dogpound introduction.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

Only in these circles would someone call watching a Ninja Turtles show a f'n "journey". As if reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" or something and coming out of it changed and more informed.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:06 PM   #3
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Only in these circles would someone call watching a Ninja Turtles show a f'n "journey". As if reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" or something and coming out of it changed and more informed.
I'll have you know, the dialogue "I wanna get a tattoo of my face on my face!" is dense, multilayered, and a reverent stance against the masks we often unknowingly wear in social situations. This is possibly the most thematically resonant piece of writing ever made.

Joking aside, Panic is one of my favs from 2012. Despite the heightened threat following The Gauntlet, it manages to be one of the funniest episodes in the show thanks to all the brotherly banter. The smoke bomb exchange between Mikey and Raph being one of my favorites in the series.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:25 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

This year also marks the 5th anniversary of the series finale.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #5
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
I'll have you know, the dialogue "I wanna get a tattoo of my face on my face!" is dense, multilayered, and a reverent stance against the masks we often unknowingly wear in social situations. This is possibly the most thematically resonant piece of writing ever made.

Joking aside, Panic is one of my favs from 2012. Despite the heightened threat following The Gauntlet, it manages to be one of the funniest episodes in the show thanks to all the brotherly banter. The smoke bomb exchange between Mikey and Raph being one of my favorites in the series.
I feel that this episode was a good follow up to the gauntlet and had good themes and ideas, however I don't think they were truly explored within this episode to make it the best follow up to the gauntlet.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #6
Antoniocafe
Thug

Happy 10th anniversary today to the show premiering.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post

Oh yeah absolutely. Also still laugh at the episode with the gas-bomb eggs and Mikey says to April "Do you want a tissue? We don't have any tissues...."
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:46 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

To some, it feels like yesterday and to other like forever (just a long-lasting pandemic in-between). But this November marks 5 years since the 2012 Nickelodeon cartoon officially ended with the Bebop and Rocksteady crossovers. By that time, many of us had already seen them by mid or late September 2017.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote