The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-16-2022, 03:23 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Hmm offhand I'd say classic She-Ra, at least the first season of NuShe-Ra, Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Corrector Yui, a bit of Totally Spies, and I guess Powerpuff Girls.

Idk, Powerpuff Girls wasn't what I'd call girly, except maybe the Bubbles centered episodes?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

I watched She-Ra all the time as a kid. Jem, too, but that one never stood out in my memory as much even then; I think it was one of those shows I watched mostly because it was on right after He-Man and She-Ra, and it was an "okay" enough show that I didn't have to bother getting up to change the channel, so I kept it on in the background while I played with my toys but I wasn't entirely paying attention to it. My cousin was pretty into it, she had all the dolls and stuff. They were kinda neat as I remember.

I saw some Sailor Moon back in like 1996 or so, when it was on before or after Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog in the mornings on the local syndicated station. But I couldn't really follow it, and again, it was pretty much just "It's on while I'm getting ready for school and I don't feel like changing the channel." I "saw" it a lot but I can't tell you anything about it, nothing stuck at all.

More recently, MLP: Friendship is Magic is legit one of my favorite cartoons of all time.

That's about it, really.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:29 PM   #23
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Ones that come to mind...

Daria
Jem and The Holograms
Kim Possible
My Little Pony:FiM
Rainbow Brite
She-Ra(80's)
The Powerpuff Girls
W.i.t.c.h.

Also Sailor Moon and many other anime.

I liked Miraculous Ladybug but it got way too repetitive and some other issues. Though I am looking forward to the movie since the show runner(who is a douche) has nothing to do with it.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:36 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, yeah, Rainbow Brite. I used to watch that, too. I actually picked up a vintage doll off eBay last year; one of the smaller ones, not one of the big ones. I had one of those when I was a kid but I don't know what happened to it, other than at some point I got bored and cut some of the hair off.

I must have forgotten Rainbow Brite because I was super young when I used to watch that, like 2-4 years old. But I definitely watched it and had some of the books and stuff. Once again my cousin (same cousin) had collected all the dolls and stuff. If I recall, I think Murky Dismal was a tough one to find and she was super proud to have that one.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #25
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've seen all of Sailor Moon but that's all. I considered giving Totally Spies a try but the show is much more of a kids show than I would have liked, so it's a bit difficult to sit through.
that's understandable, the tone is quite different and I can see why characters like Clover wouldn't be someone's cup of tea, what about trying other shows in Sailor Moon's magical girl genre like Revolutionary Girl Utena, there's also Tokyo Mew Mew and Madoka Magica?
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:32 PM   #26
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Ones that come to mind...

Daria
Jem and The Holograms
Kim Possible
My Little Pony:FiM
Rainbow Brite
She-Ra(80's)
The Powerpuff Girls
W.i.t.c.h.

Also Sailor Moon and many other anime.

I liked Miraculous Ladybug but it got way too repetitive and some other issues. Though I am looking forward to the movie since the show runner(who is a douche) has nothing to do with it.

I love Daria and Kim Possible, I've seen a bit of the 2009 rainbow brite and some robot chicken sketches making fun of the 80s one, I also love Powerpuff Girls, I've yet to see Witch

My Little Pony was my childhood, I've seen all the generations of it (except the G5 movie), friendship is magic and Lauren Faust are one of my inspirations when it comes to art and writing,
Old 08-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #27
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I enjoyed Disney cartoons such as The Little Mermaid and Pepper Ann along with 00s shows like Powerpuff Girls and Totally Spies.

I’ve also seen W.i.t.c.h, Braceface and Cardcaptor Sakura.

I've seen a few episodes of the Little Mermaid cartoon they were on some disney princess themed DVDs I had, the DVDs also included some Beauty and the Beast shorts and some of the Aladdin cartoon

I forgot to list while talking about disney shows, there's also Star Vs the forces of evil, I quite liked season 1 of that show
Old 08-16-2022, 05:42 PM   #28
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

There are modern Jem dolls too, they're quite expensive though, they're by a company called Integrity, there are not many expensive dolls in my collection except for my 2009 reproduction of the 1959 first barbie and I've heard some of the early 2010's ones I have would be quite expensive to get today.

once in primary school, I made a Jem themed bookmark, I think I still have it, but sometimes when I try to share photos on here, they don't always appear right.

I love MLP: Friendship is Magic, I've seen most of seasons 1-4, except for Yakity Sax and A Flurry of Emotions, due for a rewatch soon, now that I've added it to my Netflix list

I also watched the 2012 Littlest Petshop cartoon and the websiodes that were online before that, my first iPod song download was the LPS theme, had a few of the toys but I was more into the ponies.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:48 PM   #29
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I've also seen a lot of the early 2000s Barbie movies and I watched the Bratz cartoon, the animation style isn't for everyone and is quite dated but I liked the celebrity satire and how in the second season it went for more action spy type of storylines, similar to Totally Spies but more serious in tone.

any doll line that had "webisodes" in the early 2000s-2010s would be what I've seen, like the short-lived my scene line, that series had some neat online to play games on their old website.

there was also Puppy in my pocket, which was ok but a bit cheap looking

Sofia the first (what I saw of it at the time) was a good show,

being from the UK, I saw some of Angelina Ballerina when I was a kid, which was enjoyable.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:50 PM   #30
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

there was also Madeline: the animated series which was quite good
Old 08-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #31
Allio
Foot Elite

Outside of EAH I of course had seen the rest of shows like Sailormoon, power puff girls, totally spies and Cardcaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Eh, Kids might like it, kinda gives me vibes of Disney Decendants.
I likely won't watch it or the new series but I did browse that and the new dolls out of curiosity. They really changed Calwdeen a lot.. dolls figures have changed too.

Anyway, I'll leave that there, first time in a long time I've actually talked more than one off posts on here... didn't see it being about Monster High
Which that’s fine. It just doesn’t give me hope if they ever decide to bring back Ever After High. Which I don’t expect as long as Mattel holds the Disney Princess line.

Even if EAH made it back, I just couldn’t imagine that it would have that “bite” it once did.

Last edited by Allio; 08-16-2022 at 09:39 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:24 AM   #32
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Forgot about The Little Mermaid TV series, watched that one as well.

I remember Totally Spies, very weird cartoon, a lot of the episodes I did see seemed to have be some weird fetish stuff.

The Littlest Petshop was weird, why did a little girl worked there and wore so much make-up when she mostly interacted with animals.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote