The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 01:54 PM   #61
Powder
So tired of this place

My first laugh of the day. That's great.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sometimes I legit forget we're getting another season. My mind still feels like Better Call Saul ended a few years ago now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:27 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just saw the first new episode of season 6. Badass! Though they broke the tradition of opening the season with Gene so they must be saving that for the end. Instead the opening scene was what looks like the aftermath of Breaking Bad, the government seizing everything inside that house he was looking at with Kim last season (which has now been Scarfaced up).

Gonna watch the second one in a bit. Lalo is a beast.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:11 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Damn... they just

Spoiler:
killed Nacho. Brutal.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:22 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I'm gonna venture a theory and we'll see if it's true:

Kim and Saul separate when we hit the end of the Breaking Bad era. Like, Kim probably wants to go with Jimmy with the Disappearer but Jimmy somehow "tricks" her and goes alone, as we see in BB. So he's alone as Gene at the Cinnabon and all. Now, at the end of all the Gene stuff... Kim finds him. Turns out Lalo is still alive, even then. Somehow, some way with Kim's help it is worked out that as long as Jimmy helps the feds/testifies against Lalo or otherwise "gives" them Lalo, he is able to return to his normal life with Kim. Probably doesn't get to practice law anymore, but something.

This is also predicated on something happening soon that makes Gus completely convinced Lalo is dead.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

I didn't expect
Spoiler:
Nacho to die so early in the season. Literally episode 3...I thought he would make it till the end.

The rest of the season is fine, if a little show so far. We're basically just seeing Saul/Kim carry out their pranks on Howard, but some of it is amusing. Gus is paranoid that Lalo will come for him which will happen at some point. I'm pretty sure Kim is just going to jail for whatever happens to Howard by the end, and she's in jail for the period Breaking Bad is airing.

I expect Saul and Kim to reunite after it ends.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:29 AM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I didn't expect
Spoiler:
Nacho to die so early in the season. Literally episode 3...I thought he would make it till the end.
Jeeze. Yeah. It makes a lot of sense, particularly them probably wanting to start things off with a meaningful bang.

Spoiler:
I was hoping for big things for him, possibly even the potential to spin him off into something. Though as we get into the Breaking Bad timeframe and beyond, maybe not much of a place for him, and his sidestory would take away too much from the A Plot?

Also, a little bit disappointing how his death sort of just happened in a vacuum. It happened, and two episodes later and no one is grieving him or seeing any repercussions for him. Though I can definitely see Giancarlo incorporating his reactions to that in almost everything he's doing now.

Quote:
The rest of the season is fine, if a little slow so far. We're basically just seeing Saul/Kim carry out their pranks on Howard, but some of it is amusing. Gus is paranoid that Lalo will come for him which will happen at some point.
The latest episode makes it clear he will. No idea at all what Gus is thinking with what he did in the superlab there. A trap? Seems awfully presumptive.

The Howard stuff is fantastic. I wish it would keep going, but I know we're running out of runway here. They keep hinting about "what comes next" with him, as if it's all planned out. I wonder what it will be. I'm sure Howard's private eye thing is going to backfire for him. Maybe Saul even is counting on it. ALTHOUGH... one thing they've definitely set up here is the cars following people stuff.

* We know from Kim's meeting with Mike that she now knows that Lalo is alive. We know that she isn't telling Saul that, because it would rattle him and she doesn't want to do that. We also know that Mike convinced her that the people following her around are just looking out for Lalo, so she should ignore them. But now we have Howard's private eye driving around following people... so we may end up with a scenario where Howard's private eye is seeing Saul doing something bad and Kim seeing it and her saying nothing about it. Add in paranoid Gus to the equation, and there seems like several unpredictable elements on a collision course here.

Whatever the case, obviously it doesn't stick. Saul seems completely golden by his first appearance in Breaking Bad.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Kim is just going to jail for whatever happens to Howard by the end, and she's in jail for the period Breaking Bad is airing.
Naw, no way. I bet she's active for all of it and then the plan is they go into get Disappeared together but he fakes her out somehow. Something like that. Him sort of falling on his sword for her.

Plus if Saul Goodman's wife went to jail that would be a public records thing. That would put her out in the open and also rub off on Saul. Plus Saul would never allow that to happen.

Quote:
I expect Saul and Kim to reunite after it ends.
100%.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-11-2022 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #68
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I know this is a thread for BCS, but I got this recommended to me on Youtube today, and I think BrBa and BCS fans alike (...which BCS fans tend to like BrBa anyhow, lol) can appreciate this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KvRpO7oNNA

God, everything about Breaking Bad is a masterpiece. Everything. That is all.

Edit: I also got this clip, also related to Saul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Oc25Y2kG0

It was so satisfying to see Jesse's greedy, narcissistic, jerk ass parents get got.

Last edited by superstaff; 05-13-2022 at 12:21 PM.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:13 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rhea Seehorn just turned 50 years old. Shocking.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:57 PM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know... can we really blame Jesse's parents for their actions? We catch Jesse at a particular juncture in his life and don't get to see all the sh**ty things he did to them over the years.

Quote:
Rhea Seehorn just turned 50 years old. Shocking.
I didn't used to like her but she's definitely grown on me bigtime over the years.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:26 PM   #71
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't know... can we really blame Jesse's parents for their actions? We catch Jesse at a particular juncture in his life and don't get to see all the sh**ty things he did to them over the years.
Yes. I blame them.

He wasn't perfect, and he had problems, specifically drug problems, but their solution was to basically kick him out of their lives, and also act like he was a burden whenever he did come around. Rather than attempt to hear him out, and get him real help (and not dump expectations on him), they decided to just treat him like he's scum. Even in the clip I linked, they basically cringe at his presence.

They also very much make their favoritism of Jesse's younger brother very obvious, and also seem to be lumping a lot of expectations on him, in spite of the stress they are putting on the young kid... I think they are snobby a-holes who want their children to be the way they deem fit, or they'll be cast out. I've known some Jesse types who have parents like his, so it helped me to put the pieces together on the show as well. Also, judging from the fact Jesse's bro also began to smoke as a means of coping with their crap makes it obvious to me that his parents are a huge part of why Jesse turned to drugs.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:49 PM   #72
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Oh my god, they killed Howard.
You bastards!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:51 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
And that's been a huge rumor going around for like a year. "Lalo's gonna kill Howard!" But I've always dismissed it, like that's ridiculous.

Kind of an odd choice for a mid-season break, though? Like, they can't do the time skip now, do they?
Old 07-11-2022, 03:40 PM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's back tonight! I expect good things or at least big things.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:45 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

After the Lalo confrontation pretty much expecting this ep to be slower than the previous one since it's meant to unwind.

I suppose the Lalo/Gus confrontation will happen around the third new ep, as there will only be 3 eps after that to wrap up any present Gene/Kim stuff.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
After the Lalo confrontation pretty much expecting this ep to be slower than the previous one since it's meant to unwind.

I suppose the Lalo/Gus confrontation will happen around the third new ep, as there will only be 3 eps after that to wrap up any present Gene/Kim stuff.
I guess not? Done in one.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-12-2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:54 AM   #77
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, back with a bang, eh? It's a little frustrating how slow some episodes are, considering how much there is left to wrap up in so little time, but it was great all the same.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:35 AM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

The tension was so great in this episode, Rhea Seehorn's acting was amazing especially in the car as she was driving to Gus' home, she's a great actress and you can tell she was believeably scared out of her mind.

Lalo was amazing in the ep and Gus was handled really well. He pretty much expected Jimmy or whoever to get killed going to Gus' house, and then he was probably going to come back and kill the other one left behind. There were also a lot of good shots in the episode. I liked how Mike and the others had to figure out what was going on.

The minor scenes like Gus calling Lyle to take over the store as manager the same night Gus was shot in body armor made me laugh. Gus is down to business even the same night he almost got assassinated.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #79
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Episode wasn't exactly what I wanted and was a little predictable but... plus side, now the last 5 episodes can focus on Saul getting where he needs to be, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well, back with a bang, eh? It's a little frustrating how slow some episodes are, considering how much there is left to wrap up in so little time, but it was great all the same.
I wouldn't call the latest episode slow. It did wrap up the single largest subplot from the last 3 seasons with a nice little bow and finesse. Now that that's put to bed, though, they can't afford to be slow with these last 5 episodes. We better rapid fire get a ton of things. Bill Burr, superlab completion, Walt & Jessie, satisfying Gene resolution.

Quote:
The tension was so great in this episode, Rhea Seehorn's acting was amazing especially in the car as she was driving to Gus' home, she's a great actress and you can tell she was believeably scared out of her mind.

Lalo was amazing in the ep and Gus was handled really well. He pretty much expected Jimmy or whoever to get killed going to Gus' house, and then he was probably going to come back and kill the other one left behind.
Probably. He killed the wife of that guy whose body he burned to pass off as his own, and that was in Mexico. Surely he'd kill Saul when the deed was done.

Quote:
There were also a lot of good shots in the episode. I liked how Mike and the others had to figure out what was going on.
100% Gus hatched a plan from the moment he put the gun in the tractor treads episodes ago and it 100% worked. My only criticism would be that it was too neat and tidy. Everything hinged on Lalo not immediately shooting Gus in the head and allowing him to speechify in the lab, which was gambling on a lot of random factors.

Quote:
The minor scenes like Gus calling Lyle to take over the store as manager the same night Gus was shot in body armor made me laugh. Gus is down to business even the same night he almost got assassinated.
I took that as not down to business but Gus being understandably in a very, very good mood. Did you see that huge smile? It is full steam ahead for him now, smooth sailing. He can resume construction on the superlab and all, undeterred.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-12-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:53 AM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also Kim pointing to the Gus body double saying she was supposed to shoot him was hilarious too. Speaking of that I'm surprised Gus told them to let Kim go just like that. Maybe Mike persuaded him or he was in a good mood as you said.

So Lalo and Howard were buried under the lab all this time. And Saul did never find out Lalo died just that he wasn't coming back so it fits with Breaking Bad.