The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Finished the show.

My expression during the near endless gay kissing, transgender, drag queen, and non-binary character scenes:

There was only 1 lesbian kissing scene, and instead I had to suffer through about 5 male gay scenes and non-binary characters.

If I knew this show would have this much "stuff" in it I probably would not have watched it. For the most part I did enjoy the actual story, liked the dream concept stuff and the main cast was good for the most part. I like Vortex (?) the black girl and her kid brother, I hope they return next series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:03 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I enjoyed American Gods on Starz and Good Omens over on Amazon Prime, both of which being Neil Gaiman material but this... I'm not sure this appeals to me. I'd need to see a lot of reviews from people I trust before I start watching this.

And Death. I always was curious about the character. I'd never read any Sandman but I was aware of it and her especially in the pages of stuff like Wizard Magazine and Hero. One of the things I was the most curious about was who they'd cast as her. Then I see who and I'm immediately smdh. Like, "Oh, OK. We're doing this stuff here. OK."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:18 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Death: The High Cost of Living is a really cool mini-series. Very easy to find cheap and well-worth a read. It's very cool. I'm not really "up" on most of the Sandman stuff truthfully but I really love Gaiman's Death character. I only finally got around to picking up the mini-series a few years ago but she immediately became one of my favorite characters.

I've only read a few issues of Sandman so I can't speak much to that stuff but I highly recommend the Death mini-series. I don't own the other stuff she's appeared in but I've seen most of it and it's all pretty cool as well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I found out Vortex was white in the comics yet in the show she is a black girl. I liked the actress so I don't mind but I wonder if this is something comic book fans dislike because white characters are constantly cast as black in shows yet they would never do this the other way around.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I found out Vortex was white in the comics yet in the show she is a black girl. I liked the actress so I don't mind but I wonder if this is something comic book fans dislike because white characters are constantly cast as black in shows yet they would never do this the other way around.
They refuse to see the hypocrisy. If you point it out, you'll just get some variation of "Sorry, sweetie, did this give you manbaby tears? Full stop!" or something like that. They all have, like, the same bag of fortune cookies full of the same catty little SJW phrases.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote