The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #1221
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't wait to see what they think the roots are...that probably totally isn't it. I mean, it was never even about them being teenagers, so that's already a poor start. (Viacom/Paramount/Nick, can you maybe stop handing the job of TMNT movies to man-children who never mentally outgrow being age 17?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:53 PM   #1222
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Can't wait to see what they think the roots are...that probably totally isn't it. I mean, it was never even about them being teenagers, so that's already a poor start. (Viacom/Paramount/Nick, can you maybe stop handing the job of TMNT movies to man-children who never mentally outgrow being age 17?)
Its probably gonna be based on the 87 series.

You could argue the roots are the Mirage comics, But to the general public, It was the 87 series that put TMNT on the map.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-07-2022 at 04:04 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:03 PM   #1223
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It sucks but for a lot of people the 87 series IS the "roots" of the turtles. The Mirage comics is assumed as an early failed attempt, a false start.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #1224
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It sucks but for a lot of people the 87 series IS the "roots" of the turtles. The Mirage comics is assumed as an early failed attempt, a false start.
That's their problem.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:17 PM   #1225
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I think that's taking it a bit far. The comic was wildly successful, for what it was. That's why the cartoon was able to exist in the first place.

Although I agree that the 87 version is the widely recognized & celebrated one.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:35 PM   #1226
neatoman
Emperor

Unfortunately it's not too far from what some people tend to believe. I recently came across a Youtube commenter who thought Mirage only had a single issue and that it was meant to parody, get this, The Dark Knight Returns.

I have no idea why he didn't know Mirage volume 1 lasted 62 issues, even less why he thought it would be a parody of a comic that came out two years later. Both claims are extremely wrong and refuted with a google search. If I had to guess, these kinds of people don't really care enough to even check basic facts, which is really sad...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:07 PM   #1227
Sumac
Banned

They dig for the roots, but ended up in a pile of compost.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:56 PM   #1228
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
A: It’s animated, and it goes back to the roots of the Turtles.
They say this literally every time.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #1229
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Millennials. We have plans to do multiple animated movies this way, but one day we might go back to a hybrid live-action version of the Turtles.
For the ten or so people that were still insistent that they were still making the live action reboot that's pretty confirmation right there that it's dead in the water.

It really shows just how far the franchise has fallen that even Sonic The Hedgehog of all things can get a live action series but the best TMNT...a franchise that was once a pop culture juggernaut, had two pretty successful revivals and had a bunch of successful live action features can get is some crappy animated movie that hardly anyone cares about.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:50 PM   #1230
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It really shows just how far the franchise has fallen that even Sonic The Hedgehog of all things can get a live action series but the best TMNT...a franchise that was once a pop culture juggernaut, had two pretty successful revivals and had a bunch of successful live action features can get is some crappy animated movie that hardly anyone cares about.
A successfull franchise cannot be successfull... forever. Stuff comes and goes, my friend. We better deal with it.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #1231
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
For the ten or so people that were still insistent that they were still making the live action reboot that's pretty confirmation right there that it's dead in the water.
Not really? Since it was/is Platinum Dunes still on that and piped up about it again last year that Colin and Casey Jost were chosen to write it.

Granted that was last August so who knows what has happened between then and now. Maybe it stopped. Or... the writing part tends to be quiet, so who knows.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:17 PM   #1232
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yes, I'm sure they've been slaving hard over the script for 2 years.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:22 PM   #1233
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well since a potential PD film was last mentioned last August with the announcement of the Jost brothers supposedly being tapped to write... whether it's dead in the water or not, pretty sure 10 months does not equal 2 years.

This CGI one sounds like it's happening and we heard of it first when, around 2 years ago, maybe more? And we know practically nothing aside from a date and leaked art that may or may not be how it ultimately looks.

Only one I assume is legit dead is the prior script they supposedly had Andrew Dodge and Lindsey Beer writing.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:29 PM   #1234
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Overseas the FW toon came first , many never heard about Mirage comic
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:17 AM   #1235
AquaParade
Banned

It’s interesting that they even make a point to mention live-action. Clearly, it’s something on their minds.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:18 AM   #1236
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Overseas the FW toon came first , many never heard about Mirage comic
True. In Italy the Mirage series was first published in 1993 but only the first 3 or 4 issues. A more proper release only came in 2007 or 2008.

I'm sure a lot of USA kids never heard about ninja turtles before 1987 as well.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #1237
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of USA kids never heard about ninja turtles before 1987 as well.
Yeah, other than those kids who had the freedom to read/view things that were meant for older people and had access to Mirage, most US Turtlemania era fans were likely too young for the comic in Mirage's early years. Other than owning one collected volume of TMNT Adventures, I didn't grow up reading comics either, so it was a while before I knew of Mirage.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #1238
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mostly derivative of that Variety article:

https://www.looper.com/888156/seth-r...o4F_WuaqcaANoY

But apparently it will be the most teenaged teenager thing ever, by post-teenager people who know how to write for teenagers in the most teenaged ways ever.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #1239
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Teenage-themed movies... the one career choice where being a grownass man who never mentally progressed past age 17 is a useful trait. (And not knocking just them, because Michael Bay is right there with them, but he likes a focus on explosions and cars in his manchild film visions.)

Let's be honest... by the sound of it, if these guys were cooks making chicken noodle soup, they'd focus in on the tiny bit of salt being the most important part.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #1240
Galactus
Foot Elite

If the live action reboot was happening they'd very clearly say they were working on it. Instead they are floating it as a remote possibility. That's confirmation that it's as good as dead. Like I'm sure talk of a new live action movie has come up a few times since Out Of The Shadows flopped and will continue to do so over the next few years and at best been met with with awkward head shakes from Paramount execs.

I appreciate people are holding out hope thinking that since Paramount seem to be throwing any old sh*t like Sonic and a new Kelvin time line Star Trek movie they will give TMNT another chance but the fact that they are confirming all of these different projects but can only float the very slight possibility that it may happen in some vague point in the future shows they have no immediate plans.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote