The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #61
mikey0
Foot Elite

Comparison photos: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...Cz3f3FvIUsAAAA

https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...C-nYH2woUsAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:59 AM   #62
mikey see
Mad Scientist

It looks fantastic and I can't wait to get mine. I haven't heard a peep from BBTS though.

I do wonder how the online retailers are going to handle the chase. These are just window packages so it's easy to tell which figure you've got. I'm assuming every e-tailer will just pull all the chase figures and sell them at a markup rather than honoring the random nature of chase figures and sending some at the $30 price point.
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:52 AM   #63
j3h
Hench Mutant

Confirmed by my comic shop, the chase is one per case, and it is very obvious right when the case is opened since it’s packaging is a white box opposed to the standard figure’s black box.

It will be up to each individual retailer how they will sell them. Entertainment earth is luck of the draw with no up charging. I’m pretty sure BBTS will create a higher priced separate listing once they know for sure how many they have.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:41 PM   #64
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Confirmed by my comic shop, the chase is one per case, and it is very obvious right when the case is opened since it’s packaging is a white box opposed to the standard figure’s black box.

It will be up to each individual retailer how they will sell them. Entertainment earth is luck of the draw with no up charging. I’m pretty sure BBTS will create a higher priced separate listing once they know for sure how many they have.
Pretty much that exactly. This is what BBTS did with the recent Funko pop TMNT chase variants so I expect them to do the same with these. Probably at twice the standard price.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:03 AM   #65
mikey see
Mad Scientist

K, so I guess I'll be canceling my BBTS preorder then.

Also, Dorkside has this guy on sale for $20: https://dorksidetoys.com/products/pl...39929551355946
Old 11-04-2022, 07:20 AM   #66
mikey0
Foot Elite

BBTS has the chase figure for $44.99: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...DQsYuwxYssAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #67
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

I was able to snag both for 20 a piece at my LCB that I have a subscription every month with. Decided to order another off dorkside and test my luck a little
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:33 AM   #68
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I opened this guy yesterday. It's a fantastic figure. The dirty wash from the preview photos is gone, everything looks nicely balanced with good contrast and pops. The articulation is in line with the best of the 2012 line, which works just fine for me. It's just a really solid fun little figure. It kind of reminds me of MOTU Origins, there's really good detail and playability but none of the "deluxe" vibe that makes me afraid to try to move a joint. It's a toy, and a really good one at that.

I think my only complaint are the silly-small nunchuks, but I wouldn't have used them anyway. Oh and the price, but I got mine from Dorkside for $20. Kinda tempted to order a few more and hope for a chase. Apparently they're 1/10 so it shouldn't be THAT hard to get one as long as the retailer is playing it straight.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #69
TylerD
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm glad that we are already seeing this book explode into the statues and figure market. I'm sure they've been getting all types of offers after this blew up last year. I'm sure we'll see more.

I'll also add that it's probably the best looking Playmates figure I've seen in a while.
Completely agree on all counts here..... Reading even the first issue, I knew this was going to be a massive hit and explode into something. It will be interesting where this goes.

As for the figure itself, that is bad ass... Coolest one I have seen in quite some time.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #70
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Just got my Playmates Last Ronin figure yesterday, what a fantastic figure! One of my top 10 this year!

But...Playmates have failed badly in not producing the vintage TMNT line in this style (extra joints but not enough to make it an "adult" collectable). As someone mentioned above I think they should have done to TMNT what happened with the MOTU Origins line.

Anyway really pleased with this figure, highly recommend it!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote