The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you carry around cash?
I do, all the time. A good amount. 3 15.00%
I do, all the time. But I only carry around a little. 5 25.00%
Mostly I do. 1 5.00%
Sometimes I do. 4 20.00%
Usually I don't. 5 25.00%
No, never. 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2022, 03:20 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

Wow.

Leave that bank behind for sure. There are a thousand banks out there who don't charge for a debit cards.....

How do you load your prepaid cash card? At a Wal-Mart register or something like that? Do you keep the same card "forever" or once it's emptied you have to get a new card from an endcap or something?
It can't possibly be for any other reason.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:20 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
Growing up I was taught it’s a bad idea to carry a large amount of cash. I only carry small amounts.
I carry about $20 in cash, usually lasts a week and then I get take out another $20. I pretty much only use it for my lunch during weekdays.

I try to spend between $2-$4 for lunch a day, so I stretch out the $20 over 5 days. Thank god I am not a big eater, I feel sorry for people who spend $15-$20 a day on food.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #23
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It can't possibly be for any other reason.

Dude you are going to ruin my inquisitive and revealing conversation.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:08 PM   #24
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I carry about $20 in cash, usually lasts a week and then I get take out another $20. I pretty much only use it for my lunch during weekdays.

I try to spend between $2-$4 for lunch a day, so I stretch out the $20 over 5 days. Thank god I am not a big eater, I feel sorry for people who spend $15-$20 a day on food.
What kind of junk food are you buying that only costs you $2 to $4 bucks for lunch?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:08 PM   #25
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:

Wow.

Leave that bank behind for sure. There are a thousand banks out there who don't charge for a debit cards.....

How do you load your prepaid cash card? At a Wal-Mart register or something like that? Do you keep the same card "forever" or once it's emptied you have to get a new card from an endcap or something?
Definitely leave that bank. If you are getting charged a transaction fee by a retailer for using a debit card, you can process a debit card as a credit card and not be charged that. But that applies to very few retailers these days.

The pre-paid cards have fees associated with them, too. And in my experience are a PITA to actually use. I would not recommend them ever.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:16 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
What kind of junk food are you buying that only costs you $2 to $4 bucks for lunch?
As I said:

Slice of pizza
Hot Dog
Bagel with butter or cream cheese
Buttered rolls
A Chinese bakery has ham/cheese rolls for only $1.75
Chicken Sandwich $3.95
7/11 Chicken or meat taco's
7/11 Boneless Wings

I don't really go to McDonald's anymore since they dropped the chicken strips from the menu, so that's out unless they bring it back. I also don't go to Subway the sandwich shop anymore either because their subs are overpriced now at nearly $7 for a 6 inch and it's not worth it anymore because the quality there has gone downhill.

So a lot of fast food places I don't even go to. Occasionally I get Popeyes chicken sandwich but the bastards raised the price to $4.99 now so it's gotten too pricey for me.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
As I said:

Slice of pizza
Hot Dog
Buttered rolls
Chicken Sandwich $3.95
7/11 Boneless Wings

I don't really go to McDonald's anymore since they dropped the chicken strips from the menu, so that's out unless they bring it back. I also don't go to Subway the sandwich shop anymore either because their subs are overpriced now at nearly $7 for a 6 inch and it's not worth it anymore because the quality there has gone downhill.

So a lot of fast food places I don't even go to. Occasionally I get Popeyes chicken sandwich but the bastards raised the price to $4.99 now so it's gotten too pricey for me.
Dude, if we ever meet, assuming you don't piss me off or get us both beat up by saying something stupid in front of POCs, I'll treat you to a nice dinner. May not be classy, but at least I'll buy you steak or something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:30 PM   #28
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
As I said:

Slice of pizza
Hot Dog
Buttered rolls
Chicken Sandwich $3.95
7/11 Boneless Wings

You know you can cook at home & bring your own food for lunch for much less, right? And it would be good for you food & not junk....
Old 08-08-2022, 08:34 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You know you can cook at home & bring your own food for lunch for much less, right? And it would be good for you food & not junk....
But cooking requires effort... and time he could be using watching movies and binge watch shows at 1.5X speed.

Think man, think.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Buying ingredients at home and cooking would honestly add up to just as much as buying food out, especially if you combine a lot of stuff. What exactly do you have in mind?

I really don't like taking food with me from home for the most part.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:17 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

Wow.

you can load money at a Walgreens or Wal-Mart, However if you do it through Walgreens, They charge you a 3.95 fee when you load money to the card, If you load money at a Wal-Mart, They won't charge a fee, So you want to load 50 dollars, You have to pay 53.95 at Walgreens, At Wal-Mart you only pay the 50 dollars.

Also this card doesn't charge a monthly fee, So if you have 50 dollars in the card, It will stay 50 dollars forever, When you get one, They'll mail you a card that has your name and credit card number and all that stuff on it, So can use it anywhere that accepts it.

You also keep that same card forever, Its basically like a credit card, It has your name and credit card number on it.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #32
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Buying ingredients at home and cooking would honestly add up to just as much as buying food out, especially if you combine a lot of stuff. What exactly do you have in mind?

I really don't like taking food with me from home for the most part.
I used to be of this same mindset. Take out was cheaper. Its not. Buy stuff, cook at home. Set the tv up on a swivel base. Never miss a minute of that propaganda you tune into... and don't forget to salt your crickets. lol

I eat 6 eggs w/bacon around 10 am every day and then around 3:30 cook some ground beef with bacon bits. Usually 2 or 3lbs of it (w/bacon, 2 to 3 ounces)... ground it up, cook it and then dish it out into 2 bowls for later & one to eat then. I've been doing this for 8 months now and I'm down almost 100lbs. Fast for about 18 hours every day. No sugars, no starches and no junk.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #33
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
you can load money at a Walgreens or Wal-Mart, However if you do it through Walgreens, They charge you a 3.95 fee when you load money to the card, If you load money at a Wal-Mart, They won't charge a fee, So you want to load 50 dollars, You have to pay 53.95 at Walgreens, At Wal-Mart you only pay the 50 dollars.

Also this card doesn't charge a monthly fee, So if you have 50 dollars in the card, It will stay 50 dollars forever, When you get one, They'll mail you a card that has your name and credit card number and all that stuff on it, So can use it anywhere that accepts it.

You also keep that same card forever, Its basically like a credit card, It has your name and credit card number on it.
Oh I gotcha. Curious about this sort of lifestyle now.... do you use a monthly-billed cell phone or are you using a prepaid "burner" style phone? I feel like that sort of prepaid phone from Target or whatever fits this operating model....
Old 08-09-2022, 02:40 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Oh I gotcha. Curious about this sort of lifestyle now.... do you use a monthly-billed cell phone or are you using a prepaid "burner" style phone? I feel like that sort of prepaid phone from Target or whatever fits this operating model....
I'm using one of those prepaid cellphones from Boost Mobile, I load money to my card every week, So I would have plenty of money to pay for the phone, My internet and all the streaming services out there.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:22 PM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm using one of those prepaid cellphones from Boost Mobile
I figured this was the case.

I've been with T-Mobile since they bought me out with Sprint. Like 22 years total I think. But I've just paid my monthly bill since day one.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:41 AM   #36
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I used to, still do, but much less often since Covid and lots of places swapping to card only.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:48 AM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The only issues I had while using the prepaid card, some services won't accept it, But one workaround would be using a Paypal account that has the card linked to it, and you would be able to use the card that way if the service accepts Paypal as a payment option.