The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Is it just me?

I feel as if few more episodes (1-2) more have had a fight with the Shredder. It may just be me being a Utrom Shredder mark. But, I would of personally loved to see the Turtles just fight him as Sakki.
Enter The Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
ABrown
Banned

You know, for whatever it's worth, I do think that the turtles battle in Exodus: Part 1 (where they fought him as Saki) probably was my favorite Shredder battle in the entire series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
sdp
-

Holy crap, these are awesome, I had only seen one or two short clips, I didn't know there were more and longer scenes in the video games. These really ought to be archived somehow.

They're essentially deleted scenes with the original VAs and animation. Is there at least a fan compilation of all of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've seen a few more of them. Including the ones with Slashuur. Who seemed like he could have been pretty cool.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Guys, literally all you have to do is watch the cutscenes for the first two games on youtube, it's not that hard. People have compiled them there or in their playthroughs.

The first two games had new 2D animated cutscenes, the third game just went with all CG cutscenes.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #7
sdp
-

I don't want to watch play throughs or be forwarding through them to watch the cutscenes.

Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?
They loosely follow the Seasons 1 and 2 story that the games were based on, but they have unique takes like the clip above that never happened in the show.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #10
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've mostly seen the one with the phone call on Tumblr, but not really on Youtube.

Now, this begs the question in the context of that universe...is it the performer's in the armor...or the Utrom performer's?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.
If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.

There is also a video with all the clips from Mutant Nightmare. The CGI ones start at 19:20.

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #13
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.
That's it - thanks for finding those. They're so stupidly funny... especially anything with Casey.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #14
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I definitely liked the one with Shredder calling his mom and Hun tripping over something when trying to attack Leo.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.
Yep, on BattleNexus 2 there were both cartoon clips and game made cutscenes. I actually played BN before watching the entire 2nd season, so I was disappointed when Slashuur turned out to be a video game character only.

That being said, BattleNexus 2 was a crappy game.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote