The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #21
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm OK with it. I like the turtles hanging out with them, as long as it's not TOO much about them.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

So does anyone else assume they'll use Renet and her time travel scepter to undo the events of the Season 3 finale? I can see the Turtles traveling back in time right at the spot where they know Shredder attacks Splinter, then quickly disarm the bomb that set the world to explode and then travel back to the present.

This likely won't happen until the end of the 13 ep space arc though. Unless Renet appears in space...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So does anyone else assume they'll use Renet and her time travel scepter to undo the events of the Season 3 finale? I can see the Turtles traveling back in time right at the spot where they know Shredder attacks Splinter, then quickly disarm the bomb that set the world to explode and then travel back to the present.

This likely won't happen until the end of the 13 ep space arc though. Unless Renet appears in space...
I can see Renet showing up at the end of the space arc, to help the turtles save earth.

It's obvious that she knows about the future, so she probably knew this would happen, then goes to meet up with them to make sure they succeed.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:21 AM   #24
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So how do we all feel about April & Casey being along for the space arc? I was excited to see a Mirage story get taken on but having those two involved definitely switches things up a bit. It's too early to say whether or not they'll be a hindrance or beneficial addition but I'm curious to see how that'll play out. I mean, they must have some sort of significant role to fill beyond just being there for the ride or to assure fans that at least 2 of their friends aren't dead. Given April's psychic outburst I suppose that whole thing may come into play for those 13 episodes.
i was wondering the same. Casey proved pretty useless against the Triceratons.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:35 AM   #25
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So how do we all feel about April & Casey being along for the space arc?
I feel that they're teenagers and if they're not thinking that they can do it in places that no other person has ever done it, the show does not know teenagers.

I mean, Megan Fox's April O'Neil would know what's up...
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #26
Robsteady84
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
The title of the first episode is "Beyond the Known Universe" according to the book
Please don't all bite my head off at once...but what is the book everyone keeps referring to?
Robsteady84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #27
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsteady84 View Post
Please don't all bite my head off at once...but what is the book everyone keeps referring to?
Junior novel "Mutants in Space".
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53027
This is the thread where you can find the discussion about the book.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:28 AM   #28
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
I feel that they're teenagers and if they're not thinking that they can do it in places that no other person has ever done it, the show does not know teenagers.

I mean, Megan Fox's April O'Neil would know what's up...
I don't think sex is on April's mind at all. Even this episode where she's happily implying that she has chosen Casey...(at least that's the case right now. No official word as of yet) I doubt copulation is on her mind. And its a stereotype to believe that is all teens are thinking about is getting laid.

Whats on the mind of all of them is "What happens now?" because they are the only survivors of their planet, everything they know and loved is gone, and they are being sent on a journey into the unknown. The only thing they really do know is they only have each other to depend on to make the best of a bad situation.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:14 AM   #29
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I don't think sex is on April's mind at all. Even this episode where she's happily implying that she has chosen Casey...(at least that's the case right now. No official word as of yet) I doubt copulation is on her mind. And its a stereotype to believe that is all teens are thinking about is getting laid.

Whats on the mind of all of them is "What happens now?" because they are the only survivors of their planet, everything they know and loved is gone, and they are being sent on a journey into the unknown. The only thing they really do know is they only have each other to depend on to make the best of a bad situation.
I'm not really sure how the love triangle is going to play out during the space arc, but this scene is from the book.

Spoiler:
April zipped up a yellow jumpsuit and aimed a blaster.
"Wow...," Donnie murmured.
"Looking good, Red!" Casey said enthusiastically.
April frowned. "Okay, you guys are creeping me out."

This will happen in "Beyond the Known Universe", unless the scene is cut out.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 AM   #30
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am all for more female characters...
April's mom.
the Neutrinos.
more female mutants.
Renet.
some female aliens.
unknown.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #31
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I see something exactly like that happening. Hopefully it's done well. I'm hoping they save it for the season 4 finale though, so that we get roughly 18 eps of the turtles adventuring through time and space. It'll be like the turtles meet Dr. Who, which is something I didn't realize I wanted until the end of the season 3 finale.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #32
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

They're not waiting until the season finale to restore the Earth, though. They're probably gonna make it the mid-season finale. The show is allowed to have two 2 parters, so restoring the Earth will probably be in the middle of the season, just like how Battle for New York was in the middle of the season. The reason I say this is because we know that the Mutant Task Force is going to be in Season 4.

Also, I feel like they're saving the Turtles vs. Shredder for the series finale, which is why we haven't really gotten any progress in the story besides Karai so far.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #33
Vicky82
Emperor

So if this space arc is 13 episode, i'm guessing it will finish in late March/early April depending how many breaks it's going to have.

Then maybe after the space arc, there probably be 4 more episodes of this new arc and then a over 2 month hiatus because of the 2nd movie.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #34
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
The reason I say this is because we know that the Mutant Task Force is going to be in Season 4.
What is that and where have you heard this from?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #35
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
(Personally I'd love to see Maligna as Dregg's queen...)
Many of us would! This series needs more Archie love.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #36
Icebot
Foot Elite

I wonder if we'll see planet D'Hoonib and the Federation during the 13 space episodes.

Spoiler:
The Fugitoid already appeared in season 3.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #37
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
They're not waiting until the season finale to restore the Earth, though. They're probably gonna make it the mid-season finale. The show is allowed to have two 2 parters, so restoring the Earth will probably be in the middle of the season, just like how Battle for New York was in the middle of the season. The reason I say this is because we know that the Mutant Task Force is going to be in Season 4.

Also, I feel like they're saving the Turtles vs. Shredder for the series finale, which is why we haven't really gotten any progress in the story besides Karai so far.
This sounds about right. If the space arc us 13 episodes then I can see 12&13 being a 2 parter that reverses some of the finale (but they may find a way to keep the defeat of the Kraang & destruction of the Technodrome intact).

That leaves 7 episodes back in NYC to wrap up the Shredder/Karai story arcs if this is the last season (I don't want it to be but shouldn't we have heard about season 5 by now? Season 4 was announced during Season 2 and animation tends to require a big lead time)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #38
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

If anyone is curious about what happens right after the season 3 finale: FYI big spoiler!
Spoiler:
It is actually professor Honeycutt that undoes the effects of the heart of darkness, his ship travels back in time 6 months before the invasion of the Triceratons so he, and the turtles can stop them from getting it. At least that's what it says in the book.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #39
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

New promo art for Annihilation: Earth! from an official Nick press release. Mild spoilers for a character debuting in the episode:

Spoiler:
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #40
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This sounds about right. If the space arc us 13 episodes then I can see 12&13 being a 2 parter that reverses some of the finale (but they may find a way to keep the defeat of the Kraang & destruction of the Technodrome intact).

That leaves 7 episodes back in NYC to wrap up the Shredder/Karai story arcs if this is the last season (I don't want it to be but shouldn't we have heard about season 5 by now? Season 4 was announced during Season 2 and animation tends to require a big lead time)
Season 5 was confirmed at SDCC.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012