The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #81
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
If anyone needed any further proof that they know what they're doing is unpopular.
They want the truth? They can't handle the truth!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:15 PM   #82
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
They want the truth? They can't handle the truth!
They're only cabable of living their truth. Which we all know is code for "not in the realm of reality."
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:32 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I can't believe you like that one. This is not to argue, just to express surprise. I thought that that story was an incomprehensible mess of way too many plotlines, nothing interesting to say, and way too interconnected to ever make sense to anyone who hasn't read every single comic DC has ever put out, as well as a story that took itself too seriously while also taking 2 entire years to come out, which not only undercut it's own momentum but made it's impact on the DC universe that it was supposed to have null. Suffice to say, I did not like it.

What did you like about it?
Stuff. I liked "stuff" about it. Although I can see where you're coming from. Much of that is actually true.

Mostly a lot of the character stuff, and the Superman stuff. Particularly the stuff at the end.

I haven't read it enough times to have a really strong opinion about it yet.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:29 PM   #84
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Couple days late, but I was finally able to read this issue. There was action, Donatello is catching up with his brothers in his own way. Ralph and Casey were primo.

I kind of wish they would drop Deus Ex Saki, or at least make him more...mortal. He just seems to be too much to be a protag in this series. Not fond of the art really. Not sure how I feel about the end yet, it just depends on long term ramifications.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:20 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

The art on this issue was really, really bad, I don't know why. I hope this artist was either rushed doing this one or just doesn't stick around. I wonder if Dr. Barlow is dead? Looks like Seri's ship literally crashed right on top of this place and blew it up?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:01 PM   #86
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The art on this issue was really, really bad, I don't know why. I hope this artist was either rushed doing this one or just doesn't stick around. I wonder if Dr. Barlow is dead? Looks like Seri's ship literally crashed right on top of this place and blew it up?
Yeah, it was not the best. I did appreciate the panel before the mutation portion where the art was extremely Jhonen Vasquez. I liked this rendition of Casey overall, but all the mutants were a bit wonky. When I started looking for the artist (Tony Gregori) to see what he has done before and I found he worked on "The Worst Dudes" which I have a few issues of and (from what I remember) I enjoyed his art. I remember him doing pretty well with the 'anthro' characters. So yeah...possibly rushed?

As for Barlow? He was KO'd on the floor, so he is probably alive from comic logic. I hope someone saved him, I feel he could be a decent long term antagonist. I was getting some Bebop and Rockseady vibes from the ending...but we shall see.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:08 AM   #87
hypered1
Mad Scientist

I can confirm that #128 and #129 were created with a bit of a crunch towards the end. Whether or not something happened with Pablo Tunica I don't know and I don't care to speculate as it's no one's business but his but he is listed for #130 - 132 so presumably he's coming back.
I can't speak to Tony Gregori's previous work but if I had to guess, I'd say his work on #129 is possibly a combo of being rushed and trying to keep it visually consistent with Tunica's art style.
Either way I agree it does look a bit sloppy.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:03 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess this whole Dr. Barlow arc is pretty much over. The Punk Frogs will still be around though. Groundchuck/Dirtbag are basically Frakenstein mutants in this version and seem to be mindless.

I liked this arc better than the last several, although ultimately I wonder where they went with it besides introducing Venus. I liked all the Ch'rell/Utrom/Triceraton stuff but there wasn't much in this issue, they really need to get back to that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:32 AM   #89
mrmaczaps
Banned

When you have bowels of hell as the expectation level for a story, anything is an improvement. So its better than it has been and still has room to get better. And yeah, the art is terrible/rushed looking. Can we maybe get Paul Pelletier drawing the Turtles? Dude's art is always kicka$$. And he's a decent dude, for a liberal. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:34 AM   #90
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

You know if that was Donnies shell that Venus's cloned parts/genetic material came from, then from a certain point of view then Venus is kinda his daughter.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:05 AM   #91
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
You know if that was Donnies shell that Venus's cloned parts/genetic material came from, then from a certain point of view then Venus is kinda his daughter.
And what does that make Jennika to Leo?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:47 AM   #92
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And what does that make Jennika to Leo?
Blood receiver?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote