The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-30-2004, 11:29 PM   #1
raphael90
Stone Warrior

Remember Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and Chromedome?

Anyone remember these villains? What was your overall opinion of them? I remembered I wanted the action figures so badly because they looked cool and I was even more excited when they came on the cartoon series. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of particular episode was or what their personalities were like either. Was Chrome Dome even in the same episode as Dirtbag and Groundchuck? It was like 12 years ago, all I remember from that episode was Raph getting the jump on Dirtbag and thinking "Woohoo, get 'em Raph"

Also, what season was this ep on?

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"

-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior

Groundchuck: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"

Dirtbag: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"

Chromedome: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Night of the Rogues"

I thought they were interesting characters. It's too bad they all appeared in only a couple of episodes.

"Ooooh, that makes me see red!" - Groundchuck, from "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
raphael90
Stone Warrior

I think I've seen those eps on video...need to find 'em and rent them. Thanks for the info!

-Raphael
Old 01-30-2004, 11:50 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Groundchuck-'yee-haw, let me at them wide open spaces!'
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:23 AM   #5
Stone Warrior

Re: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael90
I think I've seen those eps on video...need to find 'em and rent them. Thanks for the info!
Actually, only one of those episodes was put on a video, and that was the two-part miniseries, "Planet of the Turtleoids."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

"Don't be such a baby!" - Krang, from "Planet of the Turtleoids: Part 1"
Old 01-31-2004, 09:56 AM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I got that tape at my local Blockbuster back when I was an employee at Wendy's like three years ago. The tape's still in fairly good shape, give or take acouple scratches in the picture from being rented so many times.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 10:03 AM   #7
MW8979
Hench Mutant

Chrome Dome was awesome. He should have been in more episodes, or preferably he should have been Krang's personal sidekick till the end of season 7 or something. Shredder already has two henchmen, if Krang had one, then he probably wouldn't have to rely on Shredder so much and get more done.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:23 AM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned

Speaking of Chrome Dome and Night of the Rogues, how the hell did he come back? He was completely obliterated along with that mini Technodrome in Planet of the Turtleoids Part II.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:24 PM   #9
GodzFire
Hench Mutant

All three kicked butt, I wonder if it was because I liked them as action figures just as much too
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #10
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier

Actually, Shredder rebuilt Chromedome, and it took him 30 minutes.. Well, he should have taken his time and build 5 Chromedomes, since it is so easy..
THE-X-FLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:35 PM   #11
Reznorite420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-X-FLO
Actually, Shredder rebuilt Chromedome, and it took him 30 minutes.. Well, he should have taken his time and build 5 Chromedomes, since it is so easy..
Another flaw; it takes him hours to build the first Chrom Dome, yet less than one hour to build another one...

BTW, how do you know he was rebuilt? It's been a while since I've seen the episode, maybe I'll have to give it another watch.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #12
raphael90
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Actually, only one of those episodes was put on a video, and that was the two-part miniseries, "Planet of the Turtleoids."
Yes, I have seen that video then, thanks for showing the pic! Trouble is I had no idea Groundchuck and the gang were on that...man I wish I'd pushed myself to rent it, I woulda been in for a pleasant surprise! Sad thing is, that was at a rental store back in my old residence! Gack! Oh well, I'll continue looking for it, maybe could get it for a good price on Half.com or Ebay.

-Raphael
Old 01-31-2004, 04:30 PM   #13
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier

In Night of the Rogues, after Shredder says he wants revenge on the turtles, we see immediately another scene, where he finishes welding Chromodome's circuits. He comments : "The last time Chromedome met the Turtles he merely defeated them. This time, he shall not fail"
The way he's talking, it's obviously the same robot, so he must have picked the parts after its destruction at the end of the 5th season. That would explain why it is a lot faster.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:21 PM   #14
Stone Warrior

Re: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael90
Oh well, I'll continue looking for it, maybe could get it for a good price on Half.com or Ebay.
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. TMNT videos are sold on Half.com and eBay all the time, and they are all affordable. You can still find sealed copies of this video if you search around, which is how I purchased mine.

"Seven thousand manholes in this city, and you had to bring us up here?"
"Well, it's the nearest one to a pay-phone."

Raphael and Donatello, from "Poor Little Rich Turtle"
Old 01-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #15
Reznorite420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-X-FLO
The way he's talking, it's obviously the same robot, so he must have picked the parts after its destruction at the end of the 5th season. That would explain why it is a lot faster.
That can't be...you saw Chrome Dome blown into smitherines (literally!) in Planet of the Turtleoids, BEYOND REPAIR!

Is this one of those flaws in the show that should be ignored since the cartoon never made much sense in the first place?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:28 AM   #16
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior

Never saw any episode (I do want to) but I have all three figures and Groundchuck was one of my favorite figures to play with. (I liked how his waist moved and his legs, as weird as that sounds.) Dirtbag seemed to stiff to play with, and I would often use Chrome Dome as a Savanti Romero because I didn't really know who he was.
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:59 AM   #17
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

That's what I say. I never saw ChromeDome being rebuilt, what ep are you talking about? Unless you mean Shredder built several robots or something.

Overall those villians were cool, esp. Groundchuck and Dirtbag. Loved their bad attitude, could prolly kick B&R's arse any day!

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #18
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier

Quote:
That's what I say. I never saw ChromeDome being rebuilt, what ep are you talking about?
We're talking about the ep Night of the Rogues. That's where Chromedome is rebuilt
Old 02-02-2004, 03:45 PM   #19
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Maybe he was rebuilt in the ep. Tho I don't remember it.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #20
Gremlin
Foot Soldier

I saw the turtleoid two-parter a week ago and I was actually kinda suprised that dirtbag and groundchuck acted intelligent, they were mutated directly from animals and was ten times smarter than bebop & rocksteady from the beginning, despite the fact that the two moron-henchmen shredder has was mutated from human form...
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote