The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-16-2023, 09:43 AM   #861
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

As everyone expected, Affleck will only be in the film for about "five minutes or so."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...eals-how-long/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 11:41 AM   #862
IMJ
Emperor

Affleck will probably be the guy responding to whatever event sends the Flash back in time. He'll do something cool on the Bat-bike, tell the Flash that "it's up to you!", making him fast-dimension-time hopping away.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 01:54 PM   #863
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
As everyone expected, Affleck will only be in the film for about "five minutes or so."

He's probably only around before the timeline was changed, And the rest of the movie is Michael Keaton's Batman.

After these events, There's no telling who Batman is going to look like.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:19 AM   #864
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
After these events, There's no telling who Batman is going to look like.
Spoiler:
George Clooney reportedly
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 01:25 PM   #866
Barkworm
Super Moderator

This film looks like some nerd got a billion dollars somewhere and decided to make a film out of a fanfic he wrote.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 01:39 PM   #867
IMJ
Emperor

Total absolute disinterest in emo--neo-sensibility-gender-bending-Supergirl with the doughboy body.

But everything else in this looks like a lot of fun.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:53 AM   #868
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ending has apparently been changed again and they showed the new cut to test audiences this week. Audiences are still more or less liking the film.

Spoiler:
George Clooney cameo is still happening, only it's been 'stripped back' a little and now it's a voice over, perhaps to indicate Barry is trapped in the Schumacher universe where Clooney is in his prime and not old like Keaton.

Another rumoured cameo is

Spoiler:
Nicolas Cage as Superman
Old 04-20-2023, 08:47 PM   #869
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I got my Keaton figure from this movie. this is what his data card says

Spoiler:
[/img]
Old 04-25-2023, 10:24 AM   #870
ZariusTwo
Overlord

YEEESSS

Spoiler:
Nicolas Cage as Superman vs a giant f*cking spider

Confirmed by someone who saw it at Cinemacon
Old 04-25-2023, 11:11 AM   #871
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

International Poster

Old 04-25-2023, 01:04 PM   #872
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 04-25-2023, 02:18 PM   #873
CyberCubed
Overlord

This looks good. I hope it's good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:28 PM   #874
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post

That's about at the high end of my expectations for Affleck in this, in any version of it. So that's fine.

I wonder what happens if this movie does No Way Home numbers, or even close to that? What will they do? Totally forgive Ezra, then? Rethink jettisoning the Keaton Batman?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:13 PM   #875
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's about at the high end of my expectations for Affleck in this, in any version of it. So that's fine.

I wonder what happens if this movie does No Way Home numbers, or even close to that? What will they do? Totally forgive Ezra, then? Rethink jettisoning the Keaton Batman?
Is anyone really predicting this NOT to bomb? It looks obscenely expensive and both Ezra Miller and his Flash are not very popular which is of course why the marketing on this is focused on the other superheroes in the film. But then this version of Supergirl also doesn't look like she'll be a huge draw for audiences so in the end it all depends on Michael Keaton's Batman and the hopes for a huge nostalgia boost.

Sure, this is what made "No Way Home" such a success. But that had at least two wildly successful characters in it. I'd be really surprised if this made more than 500 million worldwide and my guess is it probably has to make at least 600 to break even (official budget is 200 million but those numbers are from last year, they've spent more money on it by now).

Yes, Batman could easily make these numbers. But geriatric Batman babysitting this whiny nerd who's hated by everyone? I don't think so.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:26 PM   #876
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
Is anyone really predicting this NOT to bomb? It looks obscenely expensive and both Ezra Miller and his Flash are not very popular which is of course why the marketing on this is focused on the other superheroes in the film. But then this version of Supergirl also doesn't look like she'll be a huge draw for audiences so in the end it all depends on Michael Keaton's Batman and the hopes for a huge nostalgia boost.

Sure, this is what made "No Way Home" such a success. But that had at least two wildly successful characters in it. I'd be really surprised if this made more than 500 million worldwide and my guess is it probably has to make at least 600 to break even (official budget is 200 million but those numbers are from last year, they've spent more money on it by now).

Yes, Batman could easily make these numbers. But geriatric Batman babysitting this whiny nerd who's hated by everyone? I don't think so.
I honestly think this is the only Snyderverse movie that will do really well given the whole new thing going on.....
Old 04-25-2023, 07:38 PM   #877
Sumac
Banned

NWH was a megacrossover between multiple versions of the same franchise, most installments of which were successful. Flash has none on it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:47 PM   #878
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
NWH was a megacrossover between multiple versions of the same franchise, most installments of which were successful. Flash has none on it.
Yeah... I don't know if this compares as apples-to-apples to No Way Home as it would seem. I mean - it's a multi-verse movie, but it's not the coming together of every Flash actor for a full-on examination of the Flash as a character from generations of perspectives.

This Flash movie is more like a run through of nostalgia. Except for that awful, emo, chubby Supergirl.

But I'd still guess this thing is going to make money....
Old 04-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #879
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Yeah... I don't know if this compares as apples-to-apples to No Way Home as it would seem. I mean - it's a multi-verse movie, but it's not the coming together of every Flash actor for a full-on examination of the Flash as a character from generations of perspectives.

This Flash movie is more like a run through of nostalgia. Except for that awful, emo, chubby Supergirl.

But I'd still guess this thing is going to make money....
The Flash movie can't compare to the No Way Home. Especially since this is the first Flash movie ever. Spider-Man has 2 previous incarnations with his own characters and villains. It wasn't just Tobey and Andrew, but also Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Electro and the Goblin.

The closest they could possibly do was throw in old TV show Flash, Arrowverse Flash, their villains and I guess if you have to, Keaton Batman and genderbent Superman, which is basically what this version of Supergirl is. She's not so much 'Supergirl' and more 'what if Superman was female in this alternate reality'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:19 PM   #880
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post

I dunno... the sterling test screenings WB keeps boasting about + Keaton Batman + the promise of some kind of multiverse spectacle. It's not a question of whether or not it will bomb, but rather just how big of a hit it will be.

Sadly, in a way. I don't want to see more Ezra Miller Flash, of course. I don't want FAKE Supergirl, or their further adventures. I just worry that WB will not be content to let this movie lie as a simple ode to the previous DCEU if it does big money. No matter what Gunn says, WB has been having DC bomb after bomb after bomb. There's no way they'd ignore big money if it drops in their lap finally. Nothing would be worse than DCEU 2.0, with a FIRED Ben Affleck, a FIRED Henry Cavill, but hey, here's Ezra Miller around as the Flash still doing his thing. And probably a Truth, Justice and the Diversity Way metrosexual Superman that hasn't been inflicted on us yet.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-25-2023 at 10:24 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote