The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-12-2023, 07:07 PM   #61
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
I thought that this might have some success, piggy backing off the acclaim of Wednesday for Netflix.
“Wednesday Kills the DC Multiverse”

There, I just gave Warners an IP idea to run with.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:44 PM   #62
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Are Fred and Daphne gonna f*ck?
No. Fred has a small penis and it’s a running gag in the series where people keep make fun of his small weiner.

Daphne & Velma are now lesbians, having several blushing, touchy, feely moments and they shared a kiss.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:14 PM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
No. Fred has a small penis and it’s a running gag in the series where people keep make fun of his small weiner.

Daphne & Velma are now lesbians, having several blushing, touchy, feely moments and they shared a kiss.
The white guy in the show gets emasculated? Shocker.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:31 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The white guy in the show gets emasculated? Shocker.
While they make the other white guy a black guy? Yeesh.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:07 AM   #65
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Someone shared this.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:50 AM   #66
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Apparently nobody like this show. The anti-woke hate it cause woke, the woke hate it cause Mindy is a transphobe. Only stubborn shills or people that want to act overly excited about it just to piss off the anti-woke crowd seem to 'like' it?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-14-2023, 08:55 AM   #67
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Even this is a better dark version of Scooby-Doo:

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 01-14-2023 at 09:00 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:13 AM   #68
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Apparently nobody like this show. The anti-woke hate it cause woke, the woke hate it cause Mindy is a transphobe.
LOL, amazing.
Imagine being so fragile, that every character should fall in line with your psychotic ideology, whether they are meant to be good or bad.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:17 AM   #69
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Man, it’s a tough time to be a longtime fan of traditional all-ages franchises. Like, is there anything left that doesn’t have an officially sanctioned “mature audience only” variant that is creatively run by deconstructionist ideologues?

Peanuts maybe?
Paw Patrol?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:25 AM   #70
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Man, it’s a tough time to be a longtime fan of traditional all-ages franchises. Like, is there anything left that doesn’t have an officially sanctioned “mature audience only” variant that is creatively run by deconstructionist ideologues?

Peanuts maybe?
Paw Patrol?
Don't give em ideas amigo.

The problem is it probably wouldn't have been as bad if this was just an all original show without the Scooby label. But nobody would be talking about this **** if it weren't for the Scooby label. This is pretty much Mindy cosplaying as Velma hanging out with her ****ed up versions of the SD crew.

Whenever they try to make original ****, you get absolutely trash like Magical Girl Friendship Squad or High Guardian Spice. That's why they hijack **** like She Ra or Velma. Their **** sucks so bad it can't stand on its own two feet without slapping some sort of brand name on it.

Old 01-14-2023, 09:33 AM   #71
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Don't give em ideas amigo.

The problem is it probably wouldn't have been as bad if this was just an all original show without the Scooby label. But nobody would be talking about this **** if it weren't for the Scooby label. This is pretty much Mindy cosplaying as Velma hanging out with her ****ed up versions of the SD crew.

Whenever they try to make original ****, you get absolutely trash like Magical Girl Friendship Squad or High Guardian Spice. That's why they hijack **** like She Ra or Velma. Their **** sucks so bad it can't stand on its own two feet without slapping some sort of brand name on it.
Do you think these woke people actually exist in any real numbers in the world? I think the truth is that it's a lot like the Technodrome if you use it as a sample size for insanity - there are a few woke fools still here amidst a sea of people who don't want woke $#!(.

Basically I think that's greater society - there are a few woke $#!( people pushing their own agendas and most people don't want it but just let them run at the mouth with it because they don't want to be witch-hunted.

It's like that @$$hole at your office job that has truly terrible ideas but nobody wants to shut him down because that's the first trigger in an office witch-hunt - the guy who "isn't accepting of others ideas." But eventually, all that kind of culture accomplishes is to empower the office fool because nobody wants to shoot down his nonsense before it infects things for fear of being made a greater villain than the actual office fool.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:53 AM   #72
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Do you think these woke people actually exist in any real numbers in the world? I think the truth is that it's a lot like the Technodrome if you use it as a sample size for insanity - there are a few woke fools still here amidst a sea of people who don't want woke $#!(.

Basically I think that's greater society - there are a few woke $#!( people pushing their own agendas and most people don't want it but just let them run at the mouth with it because they don't want to be witch-hunted.

It's like that @$$hole at your office job that has truly terrible ideas but nobody wants to shut him down because that's the first trigger in an office witch-hunt - the guy who "isn't accepting of others ideas." But eventually, all that kind of culture accomplishes is to empower the office fool because nobody wants to shoot down his nonsense before it infects things for fear of being made a greater villain than the actual office fool.
It doesn't matter if they're in the minority, they're the ones that scream the loudest and they're the ones running media nowadays with the power to keep cranking out woke failure after woke failure.

Old 01-14-2023, 11:40 AM   #73
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Like, is there anything left that doesn’t have an officially sanctioned “mature audience only” variant that is creatively run by deconstructionist ideologues?
They've heard that making kid's property dark and gritty automatically makes it smart (and its creators smart), so they do exactly that.

They are basically apes aping successful deconstructors, without a talent or understanding what makes a successful deconstruction and analyses of the work.

Its all an attempt of failed nobodies to elevate themselves by copying successes of others. Nothing else.
And given how often they fail, it is only highlights their impotency and inability to create.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:38 PM   #74
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

The 80s:
“Hey, kids! Doing drugs is not cool!”

The 90s:
“Hey, kids! Backwards caps and fanny packs are cool!”

The 2000s:
“Hey, kids! The Internet and iPhones are cool!”

The 2010s:
“Hey, kids! Being racist is not cool!”

The 2020s:
“Hey, kids! Profanity and butt plugs are cool!”
Old 01-14-2023, 02:06 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Someone shared this.

Jesus. Radically diversifying the characters wasn't enough? They had to bring in this garbage think, too?
Old 01-14-2023, 02:25 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
They've heard that making kid's property dark and gritty automatically makes it smart (and its creators smart), so they do exactly that.

They are basically apes aping successful deconstructors, without a talent or understanding what makes a successful deconstruction and analyses of the work.

Its all an attempt of failed nobodies to elevate themselves by copying successes of others. Nothing else.
And given how often they fail, it is only highlights their impotency and inability to create.
I kinda feel a lot of these weirdos never had a good childhood full of whimsy and imagination. Nothing can be fun anymore. Nothing can be 'who cares if it doesn't make sense, just ****in go with it' anymore. Everything has to be overly explained and deconstructed, or somehow altered to somehow 'fit' and 'make sense' in a more realistic world. It's another reason anime rocks. Even when they take place in a 'realistic world', they're like 'the hell with that, imma make a guy with stretchy arms, or a dude that has chainsaws rip its way out of his head and arms cause I wanna'.

Pretty much why Scooby was removed from his own show. Even Mindy, woke nutjob that she is, couldn't figure out some logical way to make a talking dog work, without going the dark path that he doesn't talk but the Scooby gang are all insane or high and 'think' he can talk. Kinda like those Garfield comic strips where they edit out his thought balloons so Jon just looks crazy, acting as if Garfield is 'talking/thinking' when he's an ordinary cat in that take.

Old 01-14-2023, 02:46 PM   #77
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
The 90s:
“Hey, kids! Backwards caps and fanny packs are cool!”
Are you dissing fanny packs?

I thought we could be friends...
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:35 PM   #78
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Are you dissing fanny packs?

I thought we could be friends...
Oh, no. In fact I wear a fanny pack if I can’t bring my backpack with me. It’s just that they were huge during the 90s, and every “cool” kid had one.
Old 01-14-2023, 09:09 PM   #79
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Over the last year or so I've seen a lot of ladies wearing fanny packs around. Dudes, no.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:16 PM   #80
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Over the last year or so I've seen a lot of ladies wearing fanny packs around. Dudes, no.
Dudes wearing fanny packs is like 5 years ago style wise, there was a resurgence lol
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote