The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2021, 06:00 PM   #261
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah this is normal. Even people who get flu shots every year can still get the flu, it's just less likely. I mean this is no different than any other vaccine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #262
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Like I was fine til I checked the CVS Pharmacy website and it brought up the blood disorder.
OOOho ho Gooooddddd......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
Vaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can still die from covid.
Can potentially die from the vaccine.

Unvaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can still die from covid.
Cannot die from the vaccine.

Got it.
Waxed people can't get crabs. Unwaxed people give them places to hide.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:09 PM   #263
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Waxed people can't get crabs. Unwaxed people give them places to hide.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #264
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah this is normal. Even people who get flu shots every year can still get the flu, it's just less likely. I mean this is no different than any other vaccine.
True. And if you get the flu after getting the flu vaccine, it isn't nearly as bad as if you hadn't gotten it at all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:24 AM   #265
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Although with the flu vaccine, it's a bit different, they are scores of disparate strains out there, and an immunisation against just one strain doesn't protect you against a lot of the others. So what happens is they pick a subset of the most likely virilant ones for the coming winter, package those immunisations up into the shot and deliver it.

So if you still get flu, you've either been very unlucky with one of those you've been protected against, or contracted a strain that wasn't in the shot.

So far for Covid, the same vaccine delivery (in different forms, be it mRNA or weakened) works against all known variants to date.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #266
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Although with the flu vaccine, it's a bit different, they are scores of disparate strains out there, and an immunisation against just one strain doesn't protect you against a lot of the others. So what happens is they pick a subset of the most likely virilant ones for the coming winter, package those immunisations up into the shot and deliver it.

So if you still get flu, you've either been very unlucky with one of those you've been protected against, or contracted a strain that wasn't in the shot.

So far for Covid, the same vaccine delivery (in different forms, be it mRNA or weakened) works against all known variants to date.
If the vaxxx works, why are the vaxx worried about the not?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #267
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Pretty sure that has been stated over and over and over... but perhaps someone will be willing to say it once again, so that it will continue to fail to penetrate the thick concrete surrounding what little rational part of the mind that the conspiracy types may or may not possess.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #268
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
If the vaxxx works, why are the vaxx worried about the not?
They're not, really (largely on the left). They pretend they are. Largely these are people who watch a lot of CNN and follow their marching orders on behalf of people who spent the last 2 years saying how these people are evil and should die/go away. Because this whole thing has become politicized.

Though it's amusing to see the media say that basically it is only or mainly Trump supporters or Fox News watchers who are the unvaxxed. You can look at any metrics... entire counties and states that voted overwhelmingly for Biden are largely unvaxxed. Also, it's mainly African Americans who aren't. Not one word about this.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-29-2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #269
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, it's mainly African Americans who aren't. Not one word about this.
Doesn't fit the "hick anti-vaxxer" narrative from Don Lemon.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:24 PM   #270
Banned

Scamdemic: The Next Mutation

basically, nevertrumpers = forevermaskers

vaxed or not, commies are determined to wear masks the rest of their lives. wearing a mask is virtue signaling and a way of saying “F Trump!” did fauci seriously borrow Krang’s anxietron ray to create fear, hysteria, and obedience in the general population?

“you command, I obey! you command, I obey!”

it seemed as if we were starting to get our freedom back, then suddenly they come up with the new variant narrative.

COVID: THE NEXT MUTATION

the dam thing is gonna keep mutatin’ just like any virus. do you really wanna live the rest of your life believing this media-induced panic is completely natural and not the government creating fake scamdemic to control every aspect of our lives? force-masking? lockdowns? mandatory vaccinations? F outta here w that BS!

it seems like they are covering up adverse side effects of the vaccine by calling it the “delta variant” to trick people into getting the vaccine. like a never ending death cycle. this big government tyranny is what the founding fathers warned us about. once everyone starts realizing the vax is messing people up, the media will label it the “trump vaccine”.

according to vaers, there is now 11,405 reported deaths from the covid vaccines in usa. how tf is this vaccine not recalled yet?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...isted-website/

also why is their higher covid rates in counties with higher vaccination rates, and vice versa?

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...rnia-counties/

and apparently, dr fauci called vaccinated people “super spreaders”, can’t find the clip of it, but check out what extremist nevertrumper michael rapaport has to say about the vaccine:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trumpgirl...52283360727040

I mean seriously though, it’s so obvious what’s happening, how much longer are people gonna keep playing dumb and go along with the mainstream media narrative? if we go on lockdown again, and people comply and keep doing whatever big gov says, there is no turning back, we will be locked down forever, thanks to obedient sheeple liberal democrat communists!

crazy how this whole thing started in a china lab...

CHINESE MUTANT CORONA VIRUS!

Last edited by 1987; 07-29-2021 at 10:00 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:00 PM   #271
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't help but remember saying a year ago that if there was a vaccine, it wouldn't be the "Magic Bullet" everyone assumed it would be. That it would be like airport security, "the illusion of safety" so that paranoid people could feel safer even if it ultimately wasn't making any significant difference.

People told me I was crazy, but... here we are. Most people are vaccinated, and yet they're talking about going back to lockdowns and mask mandates. Which hey, if they do that they sure as sh*t better extend my unemployment past September. I'm perfectly fine staying home but they damn well better pay my ass.

And of course, it's all the fault of the minority of people who won't get the shot. "They're ruining it for the rest of us!" Uh, no, not actually. If the vaccine was as effective as supposed, "just" 6 or 7 out of every 10 people could get it and everybody would still be "safe". Just like if masks were as effective as supposed, same thing.

People need to just admit that while precautions are good, whether or not anyone gets sick is entirely up to "God" and not whether or not you wear a mask, or get a shot. It's not a question of blame. People who did everything they were "supposed to do" still got sick and died from the virus anyway. That means it's Fate, not People. When your number's up, it's up.

It's not that I'm against people taking whatever precautions they deem necessary for themselves. But I am very much against the finger-pointing and blame games, saying that one or two people in a group refusing to get a shot or wear a mask are somehow undoing things for everyone else. That's clearly not what's going on. It's all a crapshoot.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:51 PM   #272
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
People told me I was crazy, but... here we are. Most people are vaccinated, and yet they're talking about going back to lockdowns and mask mandates.
Just wait and see, it will go from just two jabs in total, to two jabs every year, and so on so forth until people will be required to get "booster" jabs at regular intervals. I will not be surprised if the idea of permanent lockdowns and masks will eventually become mainstream.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:09 PM   #273
Leo656
The Franchise

They're already talking about making it so you can't get a job without proof of vaccination.

So okay, but what are my legal options if I'm "forced" to get the shot in order to go back to work, yet end up one of the "unlucky few" who ends up getting blood clots or worse? NONE? Okay, then you can't make it mandatory. You can't tell people "You HAVE to do this, you get no say in it," and then leave them with no legal recourse in the event that something bad happens to them as a result.

I fully expect that by the time my unemployment runs out and I have to find a new job, the shot will be mandatory "for the safety of everyone else". And if it's a choice between getting the shot or starving to death, then I guess I'll have to get the shot.

But I am definitely not okay with the fact that if I suffer "complications" and end up sick or dead from the shot - which some people HAVE, there's just no getting around it - then there's literally nothing I can do, nobody I can sue, nothing I can do except "suck it up". Or die.

And with my luck, I would be one of the ones who'd have "complications". If it were raining pussy outside, I'd catch a dick to the mouth, that's MY f*cking luck. I'd get the shot "So nobody around me gets sick", but then I'D get sick or die. That's exactly how my life goes.

All things being equal, I'd rather just NOT get the shot and take my chances, since whether I die from the virus OR die from the shot I'm completely sh*t outta luck either way. "It's NOT about YOU, though." Except yeah, it totally is. That box they'd put me in before they stick me in the ground only seats one, and all the people I'd be "protecting" wouldn't be the ones paying for my f*cking funeral. Let's just be real about it.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:09 AM   #274
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I can't help but remember saying a year ago that if there was a vaccine, it wouldn't be the "Magic Bullet" everyone assumed it would be.
It should have been. The left wouldn't let it be. "We want Zero COVID!" That's never going to happen.

Quote:
And of course, it's all the fault of the minority of people who won't get the shot. "They're ruining it for the rest of us!" Uh, no, not actually. If the vaccine was as effective as supposed, "just" 6 or 7 out of every 10 people could get it and everybody would still be "safe". Just like if masks were as effective as supposed, same thing.
The vaccine does everything it was ever alleged to. If you get the vaccine, your chances of outright avoiding COVID go through the roof. Alternately if you get it, you'll only have mild symptoms if any at all. That should have been it for the panic and the pandemic. After months of the media carrying on about, "We won't have a vaccine for MONTHS, maybe years! People better get ready for the new normal!!"

It's all very silly. By now everyone who has desired a vaccine, whether for themself or their 12+ year old kids, has had MORE than enough time to get one if they so chose. And they're free. So now that it's time to go back to normal, what does the left say? "W-w-well how do we KNOW that everyone in the store or the school or the workplace is vaccinated???" Who cares? As long as you and/or your loves ones are vaccinated, what difference does it make who else is not? That's on them/up to them.

And they love their "what ifs."

"What if parents won't allow their 13 year old to get the vaccine and the kid gets exposed to COVID??!?" Shocker: the kid might get COVID and has about a 10,000% chance of not dying. It's simply not killing kids. We know this now more than ever before.

"But what if the kid brings it home and infects Grandma??" Well hopefully Grandma was one of the first people in line for the vaccine like back in February. Risky business for 65+ people to not get the vaccine, as they're overwhelmingly the age group that's dying in any significant way.

"What about the teachers?!?!?" What about them? What, they haven't had more than enough time to get a vaccine?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-30-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:14 AM   #275
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
They're already talking about making it so you can't get a job without proof of vaccination.

So okay, but what are my legal options if I'm "forced" to get the shot in order to go back to work, yet end up one of the "unlucky few" who ends up getting blood clots or worse? NONE? Okay, then you can't make it mandatory. You can't tell people "You HAVE to do this, you get no say in it," and then leave them with no legal recourse in the event that something bad happens to them as a result.

I fully expect that by the time my unemployment runs out and I have to find a new job, the shot will be mandatory "for the safety of everyone else". And if it's a choice between getting the shot or starving to death, then I guess I'll have to get the shot.

But I am definitely not okay with the fact that if I suffer "complications" and end up sick or dead from the shot - which some people HAVE, there's just no getting around it - then there's literally nothing I can do, nobody I can sue, nothing I can do except "suck it up". Or die.

And with my luck, I would be one of the ones who'd have "complications". If it were raining pussy outside, I'd catch a dick to the mouth, that's MY f*cking luck. I'd get the shot "So nobody around me gets sick", but then I'D get sick or die. That's exactly how my life goes.

All things being equal, I'd rather just NOT get the shot and take my chances, since whether I die from the virus OR die from the shot I'm completely sh*t outta luck either way. "It's NOT about YOU, though." Except yeah, it totally is. That box they'd put me in before they stick me in the ground only seats one, and all the people I'd be "protecting" wouldn't be the ones paying for my f*cking funeral. Let's just be real about it.
I honestly thought you already got it, like one of the conditions to wrestle these events were you getting the shot.

Also glad to see you understand where I'm coming from.

I'll admit, I hate needles, but if I gotta, I gotta. But the talk of side effects, the talk of people dying anyway, and the fact that the more they push the more sus it seems, the fact they're not even bothering to improve this thing and just wanna slap a FDA label on regardless of how faulty it is, it's just a big nope for me.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-30-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:28 AM   #276
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why do you hate needles? It's a 3-second poke where you literally feel nothing at all.

I swear TV shows/movies dramatized people screaming in pain getting needles, same reason root canals are always wrongly portrayed as painful on TV with the patient screaming in the dentist office...when in real life you feel nothing at all. People were conditioned to fear needles for some reason when in real life they're nothing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:38 AM   #277
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I honestly thought you already got it, like one of the conditions to wrestle these events were you getting the shot.

Also glad to see you understand where I'm coming from.
Nah, SOME places require vaccination to wrestle but at present I don't work for those places. Most of them do require a recent clean test but that's all.

Most promoters honestly can't be bothered to keep all that stuff in check, there's too much going on at the shows. When it was still a big deal I know they were asking the fans for proof of test at the door, but I don't know if anyone got turned away and I know that it's gotten to the point now where most places don't even ask.

Sounds "worse" than it is. There's been a bunch of shows in NJ since October, not just the ones I work for. Some wrestlers have had it, like Dreamer had it, but nobody got it OR spread it at a show, as far as anyone knows. With all the people packed in tight, even a show with 200 people in the building you'd be hearing about large numbers of people who attended all coming down with it. But that never happened. No spread, not amongst the locker rooms OR the audience. Only very, very isolated incidents, in which case they probably did not get it at the show(s). Again, if there's 300 people at a show, and one of those people has Covid and is contagious, you'd THINK that maybe, I don't know, 50 people at least would simultaneously start showing symptoms within the next 2-3 weeks. But nope, never happened.

To be perfectly honest, everybody's kinda "over it". You still see some guys show up wearing masks in the locker room or afraid to shake hands, but everybody's kinda moved on. It's more or less like "I probably won't get it, and if I do, oh well." But since nobody's gotten it OR spread it since they started running again, it's mostly back to "business as usual".

Old 07-30-2021, 06:59 AM   #278
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Pretty sure that has been stated over and over and over... but perhaps someone will be willing to say it once again, so that it will continue to fail to penetrate the thick concrete surrounding what little rational part of the mind that the conspiracy types may or may not possess.
Keep bullsh!tting all you want. This is tyranny. Idiot.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #279
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Why do you hate needles? It's a 3-second poke where you literally feel nothing at all.

I swear TV shows/movies dramatized people screaming in pain getting needles, same reason root canals are always wrongly portrayed as painful on TV with the patient screaming in the dentist office...when in real life you feel nothing at all. People were conditioned to fear needles for some reason when in real life they're nothing.
Shots I don't mind, blood drawn I hate.

It's not even that it "hurts", because it doesn't, but I can feel the suction of the blood being pulled through my vein and I can't f*cking stand it.

Stuff with veins bothers me, don't know why. I can't even look at mine. That's part of why I always wear stuff around my wrists; I have very prominent veins and I can't stand looking at them. The worst is when I'm in the shower shaving my arms for wrestling, every time the razor gets anywhere near my wrist I have to like really power through it and concentrate. I just don't like anything sharp going near my veins, for any reason.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:34 AM   #280
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

I just don't. Call it irrational phobia but I never liked needles.

I'll get em if I absolutely have to, and I have in the past over the years, but when tasked with the choice of a double jab or a single jab where even the CVS website itself earns has a small chance of giving you a blood disorder, and on top of that people are talking about possibly needing a booster and on top of that, people are still dying anyway, that's all a big no.

Imagine my luck, taking 2, possibly 3 shots and still dying of CoVid anyway. Given my current lifestyle I am literally better off just chilling at home til this all blows over. I literally have a bigger chance of catching CoVid leaving the house to go get the shot than I do just working and gaming from home.

Honestly the whole anti-vaxxer thing was terrible timing. Couple that with the entire CoVid thing being shady. Over-inflated numbers, like I am literally surprised they didn't just say George Floyd died of CoVid transmitted via the cop's boot or whatever because in 2020 literally everyone died of CoVid and nothing else, the inconsistency that the media said it was bad and stupid to go in large groups to Trump's rallies but it was A-OK to protest for BLM in large groups (many of which went without masks) cause I guess the virus only attacks the Right, how rushed-out-the-door this concoction they're calling a vaccine was... it's a mixture of all of that that more people aren't lining up.

I was legit hoping enough people would get it so I wouldn't have to. Unlike what the media is trying to scare you into it, we don't need every last person vaccinated, just enough. People are saying 'We still don't know enough to see if there are long-term side effects for this thing', I at least say, I hope and pray none of you have any.

But hey, in a few years if you say you got the vaccine during 2020-2021, you might be entitled to compensation?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-30-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck