The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #81
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Classic Collection Michelangelo bore a little bit of a resemblance to the Mikey from the opening to the miniseries and the syndicated series.

Okay.

That's cool.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:32 PM   #82
Dask
Mad Scientist

The Party Wagon/Van should look great alongside the Figuarts TMNT figures!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

The animated style is far from my favorite look for them so frankly I'm perfectly fine with them taking liberties. I actually like the "close enough" look of these figures better, since they don't look so goofy as they did in the cartoon.

"Cartoon-inspired, but more serious" is something I have zero problems with.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:39 AM   #84
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Shredder and Triceraton are just recasts from the 2003 or 2012 line because I don't see them bothering with new sculpts or even finishing the Classic Collection prototype that never went anywhere. I know this has been repeated a ton at this point, but seeing Playmates really phone it in with their collector focused releases is just embarrassing.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:44 AM   #85
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Shredder and Triceraton are just recasts from the 2003 or 2012 line because I don't see them bothering with new sculpts or even finishing the Classic Collection prototype that never went anywhere. I know this has been repeated a ton at this point, but seeing Playmates really phone it in with their collector focused releases is just embarrassing.
Believe it or not we might have a shot at the original, unreleased 6" Shredder being released. Consider it part of Playmates cheap habits - they already have the sculpts and probably much of the tooling for it whereas they'd have to go back and scale up older sculpts for a Shredder that they otherwise wouldn't need to.

So maybe we are in for a treat with the Shredder figure. I have no clue about the Triceraton though. That one they could scale up - sure.....
Old 05-28-2021, 08:59 AM   #86
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah. It’s just embarrassing what playmates has become.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #87
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Believe it or not we might have a shot at the original, unreleased 6" Shredder being released. Consider it part of Playmates cheap habits - they already have the sculpts and probably much of the tooling for it whereas they'd have to go back and scale up older sculpts for a Shredder that they otherwise wouldn't need to.

So maybe we are in for a treat with the Shredder figure. I have no clue about the Triceraton though. That one they could scale up - sure.....
I would definitely pick up Shredder if it's the unreleasesd prototype since i have their Bebop and backwards-calves-Rocksteady. The turtles I can do without. If I was the gambling type, I would put a lot of money on them releasing something random they already produced for Triceraton.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #88
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I would definitely pick up Shredder if it's the unreleasesd prototype since i have their Bebop and backwards-calves-Rocksteady. The turtles I can do without. If I was the gambling type, I would put a lot of money on them releasing something random they already produced for Triceraton.
yeah I am 50/50 on the shredder being the one we saw at toyfare years ago and the triceraton being a retool of rocksteady or bebop and that is giving them FAR MORE credit than they deserve as I am not sure they will even put that much effort into things.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #89
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

All you guys have no faith in Playmates and I don't blame you LOL.
I'm quite convinced Shredder & Triceraton will be new molds
but I think they're gonna be very underwhelming. Would've been cool
in 2015 but we've moved on.

Playmates releasing 4kids Shredder & Triceraton doesn't seem likely.
Doubt they even have 4kids molds cos if they do, we'll be seeing a lot
more 4kids rereleases.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:19 AM   #90
Meow
Stone Warrior

I was just doing some random tmnt research on the web and in image search I saw a picture of a 4 pack I know of but immediately noticed it's not the same. What the heck playmates?

Seen the "elite series" at toywiz https://toywiz.com/teenage-mutant-ni...ngelo-raphael/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmntlol.jpg (23.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-30-2021, 04:44 AM   #91
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
$5 says Playmates didn't bother to fix Rocksteady's backwards legs again.

And with the other set being a Triceraton, I'm fully expecting them to dip back into the Primal Rage well.
There wasn't a triceratops in Primal Rage... The closest thing would be Armadon who still looks way different... although I must say that'd be a badass redesign for a Triceraton....
Old 06-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #92
Panther10
Hench Mutant

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Playmates decided to half ass the Shredder and Triceraton packs with either reissues of the vintage figs. (visa vie what Trendmasters attempted to do with their Godzilla license when they packed their 6" toho godzilla in with a couple out of scale dinosaur figs) Or maybe debase themselves even further and just provide us with a couple of cardboard cutouts instead of actual figures.

Or they might wuss out all together and either cancel the remaining sets before they ever see the light of day.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #93
mikey0
Foot Elite

The first ever Triceraton reissue? I could totally see collectors buying the Raphael Vs. Triceraton 2-pack for the reproduction of the classic 1990 Triceraton and selling the Classic Collection Raphael figure. I would hope Playmates uses the unreleased Classic Collection Shredder for the Donatello Vs. Shredder 2-pack though.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:40 AM   #94
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I would hope Playmates uses the unreleased Classic Collection Shredder for the Donatello Vs. Shredder 2-pack though.
Depends if the tooling for that figure was made. If so, I would have imagined that Playmates would have found a way to release it by now to recoup some of the costs.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #95
sdp
Megan Fox = April

the expensive part is doing the steel molds if i'm not mistaken, so a sculpt means nothing, it's the reason we've never seen Playmates Mirage turtles since they likely never made a steel mold of them
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:38 PM   #96
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Depends if the tooling for that figure was made. If so, I would have imagined that Playmates would have found a way to release it by now to recoup some of the costs.
and that is why I don't think the shredder in the new t pack is the one we saw at toyfare years ago. It means they have been sitting on the tooling of a shredder for almost 8 years while releasing the turtles numerous times and now bebop and rocksteady yet again.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #97
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
the expensive part is doing the steel molds if i'm not mistaken, so a sculpt means nothing, it's the reason we've never seen Playmates Mirage turtles since they likely never made a steel mold of them
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/tm...e_canceled.jpg
Exactly. For a figure with as many seperate parts as the proposed Shredder we saw the tooling costs could be approaching six figures, and that's before factoring in materials, logistics, packaging, promotion...

I'd be surprised if there's more than 10,000 of each of these sets produced, and Playmates will want to get them out as cheaply as possible, meaning it's incredibly unlikely we'll see any newly tooled figures, or even new parts - and I wouldn't put it past Playmates to cut down on the paint apps, too.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #98
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
All you guys have no faith in Playmates and I don't blame you LOL.
I'm quite convinced Shredder & Triceraton will be new molds
but I think they're gonna be very underwhelming. Would've been cool
in 2015 but we've moved on.

Playmates releasing 4kids Shredder & Triceraton doesn't seem likely.
Doubt they even have 4kids molds cos if they do, we'll be seeing a lot
more 4kids rereleases.
Yeah. Even if it was the shredder shown years ago we have come a long way since then and the figure would prob look laughable compared to what’s out there today.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:10 PM   #99
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Yeah. Even if it was the shredder shown years ago we have come a long way since then and the figure would prob look laughable compared to what’s out there today.
All things in proportion though. That Shredder would've been sculpted around the time of these Turtles anyway, and therefore would only look as dated as those do while blending in with the aesthetic of the line.

Playmates could only make it worse by issuing a 2-up of a figure molded for a different line.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:56 PM   #100
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
All things in proportion though. That Shredder would've been sculpted around the time of these Turtles anyway, and therefore would only look as dated as those do while blending in with the aesthetic of the line.

Playmates could only make it worse by issuing a 2-up of a figure molded for a different line.
I have faith they can make it worse. Lol.