The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-06-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
mikey0
Foot Elite

Playmates Shredder’s Revenge Collector’s Edition Shredder Reissue

Preternia

@preterniadotcom

The Limited Run Games TMNT Shredder's Revenge Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Playmates Vintage Shredder that looks to be in cartoon deco.

https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...CyqdaSyskqAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

See, that is something that would make these Playmates re-issues worthwhile. Extreme paint apps for cartoon accuracy.

Other than that, stick with true vintage, every time.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

I don't like it. A nice box package might have changed my mind.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:03 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Crummy box aside, we were definitely due for a 'toon re-issue, albeit this is matte, which is fine. Better to distinguish the two that way. But I totally agree with Roseangelo, that they should have made a package that ties into the game, rather than just using the same faux-retro stuff from other present day releases.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #5
mikey see
Mad Scientist

If any of you are unfamiliar with LRG, expect this to be like $160 or something. They love to make overpriced collectors editions that come with almost nothing. Think pins, postcards, maybe a poster for an extra $50. Then they'll make "ultimate" bundles like this that are even more expensive and include one physical item that is kinda-sorta cool.

Also expect to wait close to a year to get it after paying (though I guess this isn't all that unique in collecting these days).
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:21 AM   #6
redraid
Random Punk

The figure is not close to being accurate to the original release. The wrists wraps are the wrong color, the cape is the wrong color, the helmet isn't right, the placement of the eyebrows aren't right, and the weapon rack is the wrong color plus no TV accessory. I'm waiting to see more pics but I'm not considering this a toon release, just an exclusive Shredder, which is fine.
redraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:59 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
If any of you are unfamiliar with LRG, expect this to be like $160 or something. They love to make overpriced collectors editions that come with almost nothing. Think pins, postcards, maybe a poster for an extra $50. Then they'll make "ultimate" bundles like this that are even more expensive and include one physical item that is kinda-sorta cool.

Also expect to wait close to a year to get it after paying (though I guess this isn't all that unique in collecting these days).
Some years back I got in on the ground floor of LRG and started with the "Saturday Morning RPG" PS4 release - their first one. I stuck with them for a couple of years with every release.

Dropped them once they began to exploit their release model due to popularity. Ultimately sold like 98% of my LRG inventory. What they do is awesome, but if you get in as a collector it's like a subscription worse than following Fred Wolf NECA!

Their collectors editions had merit at first, but like you said - they quickly devolved into overboxed junk that added almost nothing to the package. Better off with the uniformity of their standard releases.

I might buy this one - although I haven't even turned my PS4 on in maybe 3 years.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #8
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Some years back I got in on the ground floor of LRG and started with the "Saturday Morning RPG" PS4 release - their first one. I stuck with them for a couple of years with every release.

Dropped them once they began to exploit their release model due to popularity. Ultimately sold like 98% of my LRG inventory. What they do is awesome, but if you get in as a collector it's like a subscription worse than following Fred Wolf NECA!

Their collectors editions had merit at first, but like you said - they quickly devolved into overboxed junk that added almost nothing to the package. Better off with the uniformity of their standard releases.

I might buy this one - although I haven't even turned my PS4 on in maybe 3 years.
Oh wow, you were early. My first was Shadow Complex, and from there I got a bit hooked but never so bad as to be a completionist. I saw so much of that on their forums, it was kind of disturbing. I dropped their PS4 line for the most part awhile ago but still pick up Switch titles here and there. In general I just really don't want to support them anymore. They're a predatory company run by a couple petty nerds (especially Josh). I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that the store they just opened is stocked with a bunch of new printings of the rare stuff.

Anyway, back on topic, LRG has absolutely abysmal customer service and questionable shipping so if you get this don't be surprised if you're left holding a crushed bubble figure with no apology or refund offered.

Finally, so as to not seem too negative... it IS really cool that they're doing this. The guys that own LRG are big nerds from the 80s (maybe 90s?) as well so they do tend to gravitate towards a lot of the same stuff I do. This is a very cool "get" for them, I just hope it's priced reasonably. All of the completionist whales I mentioned earlier are probably more to blame for the pricing than LRG is honestly, as they've been gobbling up anything and everything released for years now.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:55 PM   #9
mikey0
Foot Elite

Everything included in Shredder's Revenge Radical Edition: https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRu...C-ocWbl8wqAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #10
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Ha, so I actually under estimated the cost of the CE that includes the figure: it's $200. Granted, there's a lot of stuff in that box, and some of it is pretty darn cool. But that's a lot of money.

There's also the standard $35 edition as well as a $65 version that includes a steelbook and a slipcover. So $30 for a steelbook case and a cardboard slipcover. LRG everyone!

Props are majorly due for them getting the free Pizza Hut coupon to include with each copy though. That's some dedication to a bit right there.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #11
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I want that soundtrack CD but not for $200, not even with the figure and mini arcade.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:05 PM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I want that soundtrack CD but not for $200, not even with the figure and mini arcade.
I figure the cd’s tracks will get ripped online the first day after deliveries start. The strategy guide is the legit temptation for me, if I knew more about contents.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:39 AM   #13
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I figure the cd’s tracks will get ripped online the first day after deliveries start. The strategy guide is the legit temptation for me, if I knew more about contents.
There's also this signature edition games site, I think they may be uk based. I haven't researched yet. They have cheaper offerings with a soundtrack and extras for like $65. I'm assuming that since they have things listed in USD then they also ship to the US but again I haven't researched yet I'll look into that when I get a break.

https://signatureeditiongames.com/se...ast&q=Turtles+

They also state the shipping date is July 27. Hmm ..
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #14
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Good news on the soundtrack!

It will have an official digital release independent of the game bundles!
https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1517130141079584768

View my sketch work!
Old 06-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #15
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Good news on the soundtrack!

It will have an official digital release independent of the game bundles!
https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1517130141079584768

Nice!

The Limited Run Games physical edition offerings are live.

https://limitedrungames.com/
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #16
IMJ
Emperor

Just ordered this as well as got suckered into the Contra collection for the PS4. First LRG order I've made in a few years now.

The only other thing I can think they could do to get me to pull the trigger again would be if they ever manage to get their notoriously problematic Blade Runner point-and-click to market.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:26 AM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Just ordered this as well as got suckered into the Contra collection for the PS4. First LRG order I've made in a few years now.

The only other thing I can think they could do to get me to pull the trigger again would be if they ever manage to get their notoriously problematic Blade Runner point-and-click to market.
Nifty!
https://twitter.com/kidkatanarec/sta...ByS4qbnDfSv3Qg

View my sketch work!
Old 06-12-2022, 08:55 AM   #18
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

This outfit is releasing physical copies of the soundtrack by itself "soon"...

https://kidkatana.com/

I went ahead and pre-ordered the barebones physical copy if the game (for Switch) on Amazon. Time to say no to junk. And I may grab the soundtrack - I would prefer a physical copy to digital.

//EDIT: And I just realized that the post before mine is about the same release, lol
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:32 AM   #19
NightwingBegins
Random Punk

Pre-ordered it for the figure alone. I have every re-release of the classic Shredder to date. This one is marketed as a copy of the original. Let's see if it has the stupid reissue leg or the original. See you in 9-12 months lol
NightwingBegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:04 PM   #20
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I'm excited for this

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276