Mutagen Man 2 4.88%
Wingnut 2 4.88%
Scumbug 1 2.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
2K3
Foot Soldier

Possible Characters that could be introduced into the Films

So far, out of all 6 TMNT feature films, the following major TMNT characters have been shown; The Turtles, Splinter, April, Casey, Vernon Fenrick, Burne Thompson (albeit with a gender change), Shredder, Karai, Krang, Dr. Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady. All the while, characters created from the films (Tatsu, Tokka and Rahzar) have also been incorporated into other TMNT series.
But that's just the beginning, what other popular TMNT characters would you love to see appear on the big screen?
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

(In before some smart aleck names off the Turtles, Splinter and April because they don't like the previous films)

I'd love to see the Tricertons, Jhanna, and the other TMNT aliens- let's have a big space adventure!

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 05-05-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the characters Script and Non-Creative Bankruptcy should have a role in the next one. It might be hard to squeeze them in though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The Rat King for me, I think he could make for an interesting addition, especially since he lives in the same sewer as them and shares a link with Splinter.

They could make an origin where the Rat King and not the Shredder is responsible for the turtles's mutation and is the main villain of the movie.

They could also introduce Leatherhead, either as a villain allied with the Rat King like in the FW series, or an ally to the turtles. I prefer the former, since a movie with Rat King as the only villain would feel a bit lacking while the turtles already have Splinter, Casey and April as their allies in all the movies. Not to mention that Leatherhead as a villain has been underused and I think has alot of potential after seeing his episodes in the old cartoon.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-05-2017 at 10:12 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The Rat King for me, I think he could make for an interesting addition, especially since he lives in the same sewer as them and shares a link with Splinter.

They could make an origin where the Rat King and not the Shredder is responsible for the turtles's mutation and is the main villain of the movie.

They could also introduce Leatherhead, either as a villain allied with the Rat King like in the FW series or the allies, or an ally to the turtles. I prefer the former, since a movie with Rat King as the only villain would feel a bit lacking while the turtles already have Splinter, Casey and April as their allies in all the movies.
I agree with this. Since a reboot is inevitable, I'd love to see an origin that focused on leatherhead, or rat king, or the tricertons for the first two films, A reboot where that made the foot clan an urban myth, and there are hints and rumors to the shredder's existence, but no concrete proof. Donnie even begins to doubt Splinter's stories of an ancient ninja clan, then BAM! in the third movie, the Foot shows up and kicks their collective tails in! IDW did this in the first twelve issues, and I think it would be a neat way to do the foot clan in a new trilogy, with the showdown for vengeance with shredder being the big finale.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 05-05-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
At least, Rat King could be behind Splinter's mutation when trying to mutate his rats he'd found in the sewers.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Irma?

Really?

Some of you would care about that character?
Old 05-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I almost included Irma, and she'd be pretty effortless to include in a film as background noise, but actually trying to do something with her in the confines of a film that would make her worth even including, without it being a waste of film time, is questionable. At best, maybe she could still tag along with April like an assistant.

Bishop is an easy yes in a sci-fi theme. But I'd love to see somewhat of a thriller type theme for something new and put the Rat King in the center of it. Maybe take some ques from Nick's version.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Irmas pretty much a tv show only character who worked best in the Channel Six setting, almost like a sitcom on its own. Im glad the Nick show didnt use her beyond being a Kraang droid and I wouldnnt be looking forward to seeing her in any movies.

Same with Vernon and Burne, although I still enjoyed Vernons portrayal in the PD films, even if its not for the same reasons I enjoyed the original.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Irma?

Really?

But shhhheeeee iss innnn Freeddd Wooolllff T --

Old 05-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Irma?

Really?

Why not? They had Vernon in the PD movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
[url]But shhhheeeee iss innnn Freeddd Wooolllff T --
So?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Leatherhead, yes, especially with Utrom connection

Rat King, maybe

Agent Bishop, would be fantastic in an arc with the turtles dealing with extraterrestrials

Triceraton, republic or empire, awesome extraterrestrials!

Hun, maybe in the first scenes with the turtles fighting street punks

Slash, no, never care for him.

Traag and Granitor, no. No need for rock soldiers if the Kraang can appear as an entire species with robotic exoskeletons.

Metalhead, don't even se that robot much of a character

Irma Langenstein, in a Channel 6 setting, yes

Fugitoid, maybe in a space arc

Mondo Gecko, awesome character, but works best in cartoons and comics

Neutrinos, as long as they're like in the 1987-1996 series and Archie comics, but not so silly.

Mutagen Man, no way

Wingnut (and Screwloose), please not!

Scumbug, never understand the hype with all these sewer-garbage mutants-monsters

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-03-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

For my money, I don't want to see any mutants or aliens until a TMNT movie series proves that it can handle the simplest and most accessible of villains:

Oroku Saki. He's a badass ninja with a blood feud and a sweet set of bladed armor.

I don't think the 1990 movie (or Secret of the Ooze) portrayed him at all well, and the Platinum Dunes movies sure didn't either. But he's easy.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
For my money, I don't want to see any mutants or aliens until a TMNT movie series proves that it can handle the simplest and most accessible of villains:

Oroku Saki. He's a badass ninja with a blood feud and a sweet set of bladed armor.

I don't think the 1990 movie (or Secret of the Ooze) portrayed him at all well, and the Platinum Dunes movies sure didn't either. But he's easy.
This is very fair.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This is very fair.
And don't get me wrong; I WANT to see Rat King, Stockman, Bishop, and even Krang Bebop and Rocksteady. And Triceratons.

But unless we're going to end up with another "CGI spectacle over real writing and characterization" flick, a studio is going to make sure that the core characters and concepts can be done well.

It's like Jon Favreau said with Iron Man 1: he wanted to do the Mandarin at first, but he realized that you can't start Star Wars with the Emperor shooting lightning outta his hands... you gotta build trust and prove the audience is there first.

And to do that, you do Shredder. Or maaaaaaaybe Agent Bishop, who is another character both easily understood as a threat and involving no CGI or motion-capture.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think the problem with recent tmnt flicks is trying too hard to fit in many characters and being complex.

Simplicity is beautiful, which I love the original trilogy for.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I'd rather see a good TMNT movie with the bare minimum of characters than a bad one with everybody in it.

But, I'm up for just about any classic TMNT character appearing in a new film if they do it well.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #18
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I voted for a character I didn't like because I assume this is for PD movies

If a different staff entirely does their own set of films and they're good, Bishop and Leatherhead top my "characters I'd want to see" list
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #19
miru
Mad Scientist

To keep things low and avoid another Shredder situation, probably Hunter Mason. We can't immediately start with the Emperor. Sometimes a Nute Gunray would do. Eric Sachs could have been that Nute Gunray, with Chrome Dome or something as his Droideka equivalent. (or REX-1 for a more subversive element) But the film's bad reception put him in the toxic character bin with Venus, Carter, Cody, etc.

But I still see a use for Eric Sachs, despite his awful reception. Hun would be the Darth Maul to Eric's Nute Gunray in the end. With less boring talk scenes, though. Sachs could also provide Hun's link to the Foot and/or Ooze, and perhaps also have Baxter on his payroll. I could see Xever, Lugnut, and a few others under Hun's big thumb. Irma could be a good way to add fun to those sequences, and peril when she's captured. And she'd probably have more appeal than Vernon in the end.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #20
newfan
Mad Scientist

Leatherhead and if Utroms/space come into it then Bishop too. Course if outer space is involved then Fugitoid too maybe...

So far as having a change from Shredder though, I want them to do a better job with him. There's still room for others, especially if we are talking more than one movie.

Last edited by newfan; 09-16-2018 at 10:17 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote