The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2024, 07:00 PM   #61
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Jesus Christ you are the most one-note person I've ever talked to. What's it like to be filled with that much self-hatred?
It's funny that when you can't actually refute the argument, you just say the person sucks, then take on this pitying condescention, then act like you've won the argument. A strategy I've seen used many times when someone doesn't actually have a substantive argument. Ad hominem, literally one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Jennika is and always has been a garbage character, who was flat, underwritten, and shilled to no end. She's left no impression beyond how much she sucks, and she'll be forgotten once IDW is over. The only people who like her do so because of the "representation." There is quite literally nothing commendable about the character, from her backstory, all the way down to her design. It's annoying that they keep putting her in other things, and it absolutely reeks of desparation. If she was really popular, they wouldn't have to shill so hard. The demand would just be there.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:52 AM   #62
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

They also butchered Casey Jones's character many times because of Jennika. He dumped April because Jennika is his new girlfriend. While I finally grudgingly accepted that Casey x Jennika hype, and even in the City at War arc, Casey was able to accept her mutation. Then, after #100, he dumped her off-screen for no reason?! All this is happened because Campbell wanted to give Jennika a pig girlfriend. Yes, this basically "Star vs The Forces of Evil Season 4" levels of writing.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:30 PM   #63
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

So I think we will get plot for this issue in coming days, maybe on Friday it will be posted on site of rich that collects TMNT comics, I mean this site: https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/
nidza_maj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 05:44 PM   #64
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
It's funny that when you can't actually refute the argument, you just say the person sucks, then take on this pitying condescention, then act like you've won the argument. A strategy I've seen used many times when someone doesn't actually have a substantive argument. Ad hominem, literally one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Jennika is and always has been a garbage character, who was flat, underwritten, and shilled to no end. She's left no impression beyond how much she sucks, and she'll be forgotten once IDW is over. The only people who like her do so because of the "representation." There is quite literally nothing commendable about the character, from her backstory, all the way down to her design. It's annoying that they keep putting her in other things, and it absolutely reeks of desparation. If she was really popular, they wouldn't have to shill so hard. The demand would just be there.
I'd like to think I won the argument because I was arguing points I believe, just like the same is true from the other end. I was condescending because it's true - she only has one anti-feminism point for every single negative thing I've seen her talk about. My argument does have substance, whether you agree or disagree.

Oh that's right, me, a straight cis male, only likes a character that is nearly identical to the four other titular characters, because they are a queer female. Jennika isn't written perfectly, and no Turtle ever has been; with the range of creators over four decades that would be near impossible. Does that negate the fact that their are cool things about a ****ing bad-ass ninja turtle?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:09 PM   #65
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Core fifth or sixth is always worst change. Even making them villains has more potential than this.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:19 AM   #66
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Here is what Erik said more about this crossover: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/14/er...turtles-at-40/ but I wonder what he means when he said "ostensibly from another dimensions" by the way I just hope they are Turtles from another dimensions and not Mister Ogg illusions
Old 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM   #67
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidza_maj2000 View Post
Here is what Erik said more about this crossover: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/14/er...turtles-at-40/ but I wonder what he means when he said "ostensibly from another dimensions" by the way I just hope they are Turtles from another dimensions and not Mister Ogg illusions
I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “ostensibly” in a sentence.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:48 AM   #68
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “ostensibly” in a sentence.
What do you mean by this? Just curious
Old 03-16-2024, 10:58 AM   #69
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

According to Google's dictionary of ostensibly.

adverb
apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.
"portrayed as a blue-collar type, ostensibly a carpenter"
Old 03-16-2024, 01:25 PM   #70
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
According to Google's dictionary of ostensibly.

adverb
apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.
"portrayed as a blue-collar type, ostensibly a carpenter"
By the way I type it on Google before you told me and that is why I wrote this about Turtles being really from other universes and I am sure that will be the case
Old 04-03-2024, 01:05 PM   #71
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hello, this looks good but this looks like it is first page of issue 12 not issue 13, by the way just curious: where did you find this?
Old 04-30-2024, 10:20 AM   #72
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

I really hope we will get at least page 1 for this issue tomorrow on Apple Books Preview website
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #73
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

And we did: books.apple.com/lu/book/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-saturday-morning-adventures/id6501971614 but we haven't seen what 1987 Turtles reaction to other Turtles is like, I guess we will see that on May 18 before it is released on May 22, this first page is good