The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Were the Underground Mutants created using Utrom Ooze?

I was going to make a thread asking why the crystals radiation worked as an anti-mutagen on the mutants created by the Foot but not on the Turtles who are also mutants, and then I rewatched the episode to look for an answer, which is pretty clear. They received special genetic reconstruction treatment first and the radiation just kept it stable.

But I did notice something else, the Foot used a green ooze to mutate the humans. That sounds rather similar to what the Utroms have and as we all know, this version of the Shredder is an Utrom himself. Now they say the Ooze and it's properties aren't intentional, it's just a waste product from the transmat, which isn't really a problem given that Shredder could have toyed around with trying to build a transmat himself and discovered Ooze in the process. Now the problem here is what their Ooze does, the Utrom Ooze made creatures more humanoid and intelligent, the Foot Ooze made humans less intelligent and less humanoid. So it makes me wonder if it is the same substance at all.

Still, I guess he at least has an excuse to not create an army of mutants, unlike the Fred Wolf Shredder.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #2
ABrown
Banned

I don't think it was supposed to be the same substance as the ooze that mutated the turtles. But it wasn't really stated either way in the show.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

It's been YEARS since I've last seen those episodes, so I don't know. But what you said makes sense. It was probably either the same substance or a rather similar one.

On an unrelated note, I've never been a big fan of that arc. And was there really a need for it to be 3 episodes long?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #4
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
On an unrelated note, I've never been a big fan of that arc. And was there really a need for it to be 3 episodes long?
Yeah, I don't know why they stretched it out to three episodes. One, maybe two, would've been plenty.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Yeah, I don't know why they stretched it out to three episodes. One, maybe two, would've been plenty.
Clearly the weakest arc of the early seasons.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:43 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It's been YEARS since I've last seen those episodes, so I don't know. But what you said makes sense. It was probably either the same substance or a rather similar one.

You don't marathon the show? I've rewatched those eps 10 times.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You don't marathon the show? I've rewatched those eps 10 times.
...haven't done that in years. Why? Do you do that every year or something?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not as often as I used to, but I rewatch all my top shows every 3 years or so. Back when I was a teen and in my early 20's pretty much every 1-2 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #9
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I think both materials are different, specially that C´hrell did not have access to all materials from the Utroms while in the States.

And yes, a 3 part episode was too much.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote