The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #381
Galactus
Foot Elite

My personal theory on how Spider-Man: Far From Home and most future MCU movies will work...

Spoiler:
Far From Home will be set in 2019 the majority of MCU movies will be set in the year of their release. Doctor Strange or someone else will have off screen sent all the resurrected characters back to the present to live their lives as they would have normally.

The main characters will remember what happened but as far as the regular members of the public are concerned Thanos's invasion was successfully thwarted. The status of the O6 Avengers will either not be mentioned or they believe they have disapeared.

This frees them up to come back in their classic forms should Evans and Downey Jr get the itch to return since they should still be in the present and if not we can say they merged with their future selves.

Also if there is Avengers 5 it should be Kang and/or Immortus punishing Earth for messing around with the time so much
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #382
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
My personal theory on how Spider-Man: Far From Home and most future MCU movies will work...

Spoiler:
Far From Home will be set in 2019 the majority of MCU movies will be set in the year of their release. Doctor Strange or someone else will have off screen sent all the resurrected characters back to the present to live their lives as they would have normally.

The main characters will remember what happened but as far as the regular members of the public are concerned Thanos's invasion was successfully thwarted. The status of the O6 Avengers will either not be mentioned or they believe they have disapeared.

This frees them up to come back in their classic forms should Evans and Downey Jr get the itch to return since they should still be in the present and if not we can say they merged with their future selves.

Also if there is Avengers 5 it should be Kang and/or Immortus punishing Earth for messing around with the time so much
Or you know, Ned, Flash and MJ all got dusted and that's the only reason they're all still in high school. Doesn't really matter if it takes place in 2023+, they can easily say all the movies released until 2024 take place in 2023 or before 2018. Once a mere 4 years have passed in the real world, they can easily let the timeline sync up with the real world.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #383
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I always wondered how the PTB decided who got dusted...put all the names in a hat and pull half except for the original 6?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #384
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Or you know, Ned, Flash and MJ all got dusted and that's the only reason they're all still in high school. Doesn't really matter if it takes place in 2023+, they can easily say all the movies released until 2024 take place in 2023 or before 2018. Once a mere 4 years have passed in the real world, they can easily let the timeline sync up with the real world.
I suppose you are right and they could easily do that.

Thing is it's not just Ned and MJ that must have been dusted for Far From Home to work in that context but also Aunt May, Flash Thompson, Betty Brant and didn't I see the teacher from the first movie in the Far From Home trailer too.

Even if we just assume that everyone in Peter Parker's immediate circle all got dusted so their timelines match a lot of the appeal of the MCU is that it takes place in the "real world" with the same real world and cultural events occurring that seems hard to buy in a now that we have had 50% of it's people dead for the past five years, massive disasters like planes falling out of the sky, governments falling etc. Far From Home certainly doesn't "feel" like a movie set post all this happening.

That's why I think it might be better to pull together vague explanation of how that can be might be in order particularly if Far From Home is now being promoted as some kind of Endgame epilogue.

Last edited by Galactus; 04-27-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #385
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I always wondered how the PTB decided who got dusted...put all the names in a hat and pull half except for the original 6?
I would like to see the alternate ending where different heroes were turned to dust. Ruffalo admits The Hulk was turned to dust in the alternate take. Its a must see bonus feature on a DVD release! If only just to see a list of the heroes alive and snapped away in the alternate scene.

Nebula was spared because she would serve as a plot point for Thanos to infiltrate and has inside knowledge of him. War Machine was sparred as the diverse character because he was injured in Captain America 3: Civil War so he was given this. She was introduced after,but I suppose she counts. There are also those who can count as sparred by some but don't count as heroes by others like Black Panther's guard or Iron Man's wife or the rock creature from Ragnarok, not costumed heroes,but sparred and may participate in the final battle,but meh. Of all the heroes sparred Rocket stood out to me. I did not know he was still alive, he may have driven a space ship,but he did not need to be sparred for that.

Peter Parker had the longest erasing because he is the most popular character, heck its the main character I went to see. He was dusted likely to give emotional weight of failure to Iron Man. The task was made much more difficult by having Hank Pym turned to dust instead of Scott Lang and Dr. Strange also being turned to dust. If those two survived it would not have taken all that time to do what they did to Thanos, but succeed without Peter Quill going emo. I would have liked to have seen Star Lord survive just because of the blame he would feel and it would bring maturity to his character that he lost while being whisked away into space.I would have sparred him over Rocket.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #386
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ten minutes until Endgame! Review/thoughts will follow after the movie ends. Can't wait! Also, I'm wearing my McD's Endgame hat, and my Stan Lee memorial shirt.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #387
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Heard from a buddy that's "on the in"...

Spoiler:
The reason they didn't do any nod, however small, in the after credits to X-Men or Fantastic Four stuff is because of "numerous complicated issues." Which doesn't tell us much, but they did WANT to do something there.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:08 PM   #388
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Probably mostly to due with maximizing their movie contract deals for the big names. The headliner names were the most likely to bow out so that they could minimize their role in Endgame and save those names for future movies.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #389
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

So..... WOW. In-freaking-credible. Way beyond my expectations, even with spoilers. BEST MCU MOVIE E-VER.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #390
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:

I was surprised Falcon got the shield instead of Bucky Barnes. I thought after all they went through and the fact both of them fill the costume Bucky would have gotten it. When Falcon filled in it was just Falcon with the shield while Winter Soldier out on the full costume and felt more of a replacement.

Black Widow takes Gamora's place since her mission is her life. Yet her solo film is coming up after Spider-Man 2: Far From Home,correct? Spring of next year. Death in comics is cheap and The Avengers two part mega event proves it carries over from the comics.

Also, looks like Thor joins Guardians of The Galaxy for its third installment. I do wonder when that will be put into production. The firing fiasco really pushed it back. Btw,I don't keep up with all of the films,but so who was the woman who is ruling Asgard?

Spoiler:
1. I completely agree, I would have swore that Bucky would have taken up the mantle as well, but maybe they did if for the sake of diversity???? IDK

2. The Black Widow movie could take place in the past as a prequel/Origin and we finally find out what the hell happened in Budapest(Spelling?)

3. That is Valkyrie, she was one of the Co-stars in Thor Ragnarok. She wasn't in Infinity War bc of scheduling conflict, but she had a big part in Ragnarok.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #391
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I think my favorite thing about this movie was how everyone had a part to play. It was awesome seeing some of my favorite comic moments on screen, like

Spoiler:
Cap weilding Myolnir, or "Professor Hulk", or Pepper in her Rescue suit. But my favorite of all was that shot of Carol with all the Marvel Women blazing a path to get the gauntlet to the van.

My only quibble was

Spoiler:
no Goose!

Old 04-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #392
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

That part with all the ones mentioned in the spoiler above was my least favorite part. Too obvious and seemed forced.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #393
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

ALL of the time travel stuff was a huge headache and is just kinda "go with it" by the end of the movie.

What it means for specific characters, though... we'll have to wait and see.

As for...
Spoiler:

Falcon inheriting Captain America's shield instead of Bucky, well, maybe Bucky just has too much innocent blood on his hands and wouldn't feel right taking on the mantle of Captain America. Sam is much more innocent. And yes, I know Bucky becomes Captain America in the comics. But it's an explanation Lady Cylons quickly came up with, and I think it works. I mean, it's also obviously DIVERSITY, but eh... it'd be like having Jason Todd become Batman. Too much innocent blood. You sully the mantle; be your own man and support a better man than you taking up the name.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:56 PM   #394
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
As for...
Spoiler:

Falcon inheriting Captain America's shield instead of Bucky, well, maybe Bucky just has too much innocent blood on his hands and wouldn't feel right taking on the mantle of Captain America. Sam is much more innocent. And yes, I know Bucky becomes Captain America in the comics. But it's an explanation Lady Cylons quickly came up with, and I think it works. I mean, it's also obviously DIVERSITY, but eh... it'd be like having Jason Todd become Batman. Too much innocent blood. You sully the mantle; be your own man and support a better man than you taking up the name.
C'mon. We all know the real reason.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #395
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:

Black Widow takes Gamora's place since her mission is her life. Yet her solo film is coming up after Spider-Man 2: Far From Home,correct? Spring of next year. Death in comics is cheap and The Avengers two part mega event proves it carries over from the comics.
Spoiler:
I bet Black Widow DID resurrect. Hulk did say that he tried to bring her back with his snap... and it doesn't sound like anyone bothered to check Vormir to see if she was back. If not, I bet when Cap traveled there to return the Soul Gem... who's to say that wouldn't bring her back to life?

I bet there will be a big surprise at the end of the "Black Widow" movie.

Also, "Endgame beatings, inclusion and hospitalization":

http://www.darkhorizons.com/endgame-...spitalization/

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-28-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #396
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
C'mon. We all know the real reason.
Same reasons
Spoiler:
why Valkerie is now the ruler of Asgard and not Lady Sif?
This was probably my biggest gripe with this film. But, it's a chance for a whole new trilogy where
Spoiler:
Thor redeems himself and comes back as the true king at the
end of the next Avengers trilogy. One can hope, right?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #397
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Spoiler:
So how many Phase 4 movies do you think will take place in the 5 year gap? Or in What If? Branch Dimensions created by the Stones being removed from their points in time? And on that note:

Spoiler:
Also, if the Infinity Stones create the flow of time as the Ancient One says, and Banner promises to return them because of that very wrinkle, what effects will that have on the world because of their destruction by Thanos' 2nd Snap?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #398
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
ALL of the time travel stuff was a huge headache and is just kinda "go with it" by the end of the movie.

What it means for specific characters, though... we'll have to wait and see.

As for...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Exactly. The rules of time that the film established dont make sense and not only do I feel like Steve gave the shield to the wrong guy, but its hard tobthink he would just sit by. He atleast has to stop Robert Redford in the past as alluded to in his "hail hydra" remark before it was supposed to be uncovered. Tony wanted to be selfish because he was the one who had everything, but shook it off. If Steve was inspired to live out his dream life from Tony perhaps he made things better behind the scenes we learn later?

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-end...-carter/amp//9

Spoiler:
Does Gamora count as survived since Black Widow took her place...for now?

I also am curipus to how Far From Home will address the students resuming 11th grade like nothing happened while their original classmates are finishing undergraduate school.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:44 AM   #399
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Yesterday, I went to an IMAX 3D showing:

Spoiler:
Wow, what an epic film! For me, it was by far the best of the four films. Seeing it in IMAX 3D made me feel like I was part of the action. I'm happy that it was Scott/Ant-Man who was responsible for giving everyone the idea for the time travel trip. Robert Downey Jr. started this whole thing 11 years ago and his journey came to an end by stopping Thanos from using the infinity gauntlet. Tony/Iron Man will most definitely be missed. Natasha/Black Widow is gone as well, but she will at least appear in a prequel film revolving around her character. Steve/Captain America is now in the final days of his life, but he got to marry the woman he loved by going back into the past. Now I can see why Tom Hiddleston will return as Loki in an upcoming TV series since his character disappeared in 2012 during that little fight scene in the Stark Tower.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #400
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

This was a good conclusion to the MCU for me. Though I wasn't happy with some of the creative choices, but I loved the action scenes. As far as I am concerned, this is the end of following the MCU as a whole for me. The only films I plan on seeing are GOTG vol 3, Dr. Strange 2, and Shang Chi. I never cared much for cinematic universes, and this is a good jumping off point for me. Still, congratulations to the entire MCU cast and crew, for the past 11 years. It's been a blast.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day