Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #521
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So would I...

... To see if they'll ignore the Mad Max crap or lean into it...
I'd assume they'd avoid it entirely. Just pick up after the last present day stuff ended.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:51 PM   #522
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heck, I'd have even paid money for a copy of a 2012 movie, but alas...

**Nickelodeon brand crickets**
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:07 PM   #523
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I too would have loved a 2012 turtles movie.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #524
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I wouldn’t, I hated the ending to the 2012 series. If they fixed it or something maybe.

I’m not going to say Rise is the best Njina turtles series ever, for me that title belongs to the 2003 series.

However I do appreciate this series getting a conclusion.

I do wonder what happened to that girl Cassidy who I thought was replacing the one we knew from ages ago, was their a horrible backlash on that so they nixed her?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:33 PM   #525
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This movie is more then likely gonna provide closure for this version of TMNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I wouldn’t, I hated the ending to the 2012 series. If they fixed it or something maybe.

I’m not going to say Rise is the best Njina turtles series ever, for me that title belongs to the 2003 series.

However I do appreciate this series getting a conclusion.

I do wonder what happened to that girl Cassidy who I thought was replacing the one we knew from ages ago, was their a horrible backlash on that so they nixed her?
Well since this Casey is from the future, She's probably his mother.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:34 PM   #526
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I've said it before, but I think the ideal 2012 movie would be Renet showing up in the mad max future, grabbing the future turtles, and bringing them back to just before the mutagen bomb went off, having both the present day turtles and the future turtles working together to stop it and prevent the mad max future, after which the future turtles fade away and the present day turtles look off into the sunrise or something.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:58 AM   #527
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

They're wearing the black outfits from the finale. I wonder if they started the whole drawing process of the movie after they finished the finale of which was said to be rushed.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #528
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't enjoy seeing them shoehorned into being like any other brainless Spongebob-like Nicktoon made to be all flashy colors and obnoxiousness to entertain 6-year-olds for 10 mins.
You know, every time I see statements like this I get the feeling their creators are so repulsed by flashy colors and obnoxiousness that they never actually watched SpongeBob much. That is most definitely not all that it is. Videos made for the YouTube Kids algorithm are much closer to being that. SpongeBob at its worst is also not SpongeBob at its most "6-year-old". Rather it's the episodes that are trying to be Jon Kricfalusi's version of "adult".

The better way to put it is that this is another "Rule of Funny" show like SpongeBob; fast and loose with its sense of physics and what individuals are and are not capable of. For a show like SpongeBob, that is acceptable, because it's not asking you to care what's happening to its character or demanding you follow a long arc. In that sort of show, everything and everyone is going to be okay by next episode.

This show's problem is it wants to be both a SpongeBob-style farcical comedy that alters its reality based on what it thinks will be most funny at the moment, and an ongoing story of a yokai-infested New York where the Foot Clan tries to resurrect a demon Shredder. The result is a show that is so cluttered and absurd that on those rare occasions it is trying to do a serious story, I can't take it seriously because this is the same show in the same universe where Donatello can more-or-less instantly create anything, however implausible, because in just about every comedy cartoon and sometimes even beyond, scientists are more like wizards.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:00 PM   #529
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
This show's problem is it wants to be both a SpongeBob-style farcical comedy that alters its reality based on what it thinks will be most funny at the moment, and an ongoing story of a yokai-infested New York where the Foot Clan tries to resurrect a demon Shredder. The result is a show that is so cluttered and absurd that on those rare occasions it is trying to do a serious story, I can't take it seriously because this is the same show in the same universe where Donatello can more-or-less instantly create anything, however implausible, because in just about every comedy cartoon and sometimes even beyond, scientists are more like wizards.
Almost like... virtually every version of TMNT ever.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #530
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

I’m really diggin this version of the boys. It doesn’t take itself too serious and blends comedy with an ongoing story sprinkled on top in just the right way. Being an older turtle fan I feel a weird sort of real time nostalgia. Not sure if that makes any sense lol. But this show has many layers to it that I personally enjoy.
The ep were they have to get the dvd Splinter rented back to the red box before midnight so that he would hug them was cheesy, cute, and funny. Actually kinda hit the feelers a little bit hahahaha.

Can’t effing wait for the movie! Wish lame ass playmates would make some future Leon, Michael, and Casey jones figures ????

Any who, just poured myself a drink and signed up for the 7 day free trial to paramount + and am about to watch season 2

Let’s go!

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #531
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

If this movie does well on Netflix, There's a possibility that the show might get brought back.
https://twitter.com/enjoy_rottmnt/st...96477096968192

Old 07-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #532
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Almost like... virtually every version of TMNT ever.
How long have you've been watching TMNT?
Because, it was not the case.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:07 PM   #533
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show isn't going to get a Season 3, preproduction would mean another season wouldn't air till late 2023 or 2024 and by that point there's no point, they would much rather reboot again with another cartoon and hope for better luck next time
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:36 PM   #534
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So would I...

... To see if they'll ignore the Mad Max crap or lean into it...
I hated that special. And I know that I’m not the only one. How many little kids were traumatized to see Leo end up as a BDSM monster?
Old 07-23-2022, 01:43 AM   #535
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

How many cartoons that have been popular on streaming services have been revived? Young Justice is the only one I can think of
Old 07-23-2022, 02:37 AM   #536
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
I hated that special. And I know that I’m not the only one. How many little kids were traumatized to see Leo end up as a BDSM monster?
"Think of the children" in the show where Splinter was killed twice and Tiger Claw got his hand chopped off.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #537
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
"Think of the children" in the show where Splinter was killed twice and Tiger Claw got his hand chopped off.
You’re talking to someone who watched the original “Watership Down” and “Princess Mononoke” as a little kid.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:59 AM   #538
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
...it wants to be both a SpongeBob-style farcical comedy that alters its reality based on what it thinks will be most funny at the moment, and an ongoing story of a yokai-infested New York where the Foot Clan tries to resurrect a demon Shredder. .
Sounds cool, I'm in!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:22 AM   #539
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

maybe i should think twice about my half-serious plan to watch the movie. I don't want to contribute to the possibility of a season 3. I'd really like the turtles to move on from this show. I was only thinking about seeing the movie due to severe TMNT drought, not because I actually want the series to continue
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:09 PM   #540
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
maybe i should think twice about my half-serious plan to watch the movie. I don't want to contribute to the possibility of a season 3. I'd really like the turtles to move on from this show. I was only thinking about seeing the movie due to severe TMNT drought, not because I actually want the series to continue
It's not like your 1 view is going to matter. Besides, there's virtually no chance of a season 3. Even the writers admit it's a long shot.