The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 08-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #522
ZariusTwo
Overlord

In Detective Comics, they are really teasing the hell out of the notion

Spoiler:
Tim might die next issue

Over in Action Comics, the Doomsday storyline ends rather anti-climaticly
Spoiler:
Supes defeats Doomsday with a custom phantom zone projector in his own fortress, but Oz, who had tried capturing Doomsday earlier with the gate, intercepts the transport beam and manages to capture him. Um...why did'nt you just wait until Clark used the projector then? You would'nt have suffered any casualties if you had.

Lex and Supes have a conversation, Lex wants to be pals, Supes says not yet.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #523
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The Flash: I really like "Fast Track" (great codename) and August Heart both... I'm gonna say again, I would LOVE to see this "city of Flashes / Godspeed" story arc get translated to the CW show.

Detective Comics: Wow. I finally can agree Kate Kane is a legitimate member of the Bat team. Loved the interactions (flashback and present) between her and Bruce.

Clayface is great, too.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #524
snake
Disgusting

I'm going to miss this week, as I'm on vacation. I miss my DC
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #525
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC massacred Marvel again this week in the top ten.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:13 AM   #526
ZariusTwo
Overlord

No major DC books this week. Gotham Academy's annual and Future Quest were out though, as was a SS special

JL vs Suicide Squad is our next crossover event, and it comes out December

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...d-jason-fabok/
Old 09-07-2016, 04:20 AM   #527
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batman:
Spoiler:
Gotham Girl shaves her head and spends most of the issue beating up criminals and talking to herself, trying to cope with the loss of her brother and her lingering psychotic breakdown caused by the Pyscho Pirate. Bruce reveals his identity to her and tells her about his mother, she eventually calms down. The final scene sets up the next two storylines, with Amanda Waller telling Bruce that Doctor Strange traded Psycho Pirate to Bane in exchange for a supply of Venom. I assume the venom will be essential to the Monster Men event coming up next. The Bane storyline begins next month

Superman:
Spoiler:
Supes trashes Eradicator and liberates Krypto. The souls of Krypton break free also and Superman wishes them well as they head out into the stars. His actions are seen worldwide and he is honoured with the key to the city. Lois remarks that this is "one genie that won't be going back in the bottle" and Jon assures her it's ok because Supes is for everyone. Later, Clark formally introduces Jon to Diana and Bruce as Superboy (yeah, that's gonna piss off the Conner contingent). Bruce is annoyed Clark busted up his lunar Batcave too

Cyborg: Rebirth was also pretty good. It's from the guy who wrote most of the 1990s Spider-Man animated series.

Spoiler:
Victor battles a techno-creature called Malware and takes a beating until his father co-ordinates Victor and instructs him to take their fight to a room with specific computer data that Victor uses to hack Malware and defeat it. In the process, Victor discovers a message from his father that leaves him reeling. We get an origin recap also that ties into the revelation Victor's father was unsure if he had kept his son alive with the Mother Box technology, or if he had created a replica that would eventually turn into a monster
Old 09-14-2016, 03:15 AM   #528
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well, Detective Comics did'nt end the way we were all dreading, but it still allows the characters to deal with the fallout like it was a tragedy

Spoiler:
Tim is overwhelmed by the drones and is seemingly disintegrated. Bruce learns about Tim's acceptance into Ivy University and he consoles Stephanie.

..But then it's revealed Tim did'nt die, he was transported to Mr. Oz's facility. And we get another big clue to Rebirth. Oz tells Tim he was getting far too close to reestablishing connections that needed to be severed and that for the good of reality he's been taken "off the field"
Old 09-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #529
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The Flash
And now we all know why Detective August Heart never came up with a superhero name. He didn't need one. Shocking reveal, right? Still, entertaining enough for what it was.

Detective Comics
RIP Tim Drake. Now all five Robins have experienced death (or close enough). Jason, then Stephanie, then Damian, then Dick, and now Tim. All Robins must die.

Red Hood & the Outlaws
This is becoming much more Lobdell. Not TERRIBLE yet but... eh. I can feel the ship sinking already. Artemis is pretty cool though. Like the sai. Wondering what Bizarro will be like...

All-Star Batman

I'm really not liking this. At all. The story feels very simplistic: punch new bad guy, glare at Harvey, punch new bad guy. And the art is ATROCIOUS. I hate it. Croc and Shark look hideous. And not in a monstrous way, but in a "I can draw better than that and I'm a WRITER" way. Still... Harvey's blackmail material is potentially very interesting. Not the material on Alfred, but on someone else. Spoilers.

As for the backup... I still don't give a crap about Bumblebat. I like Duke, but he's still not earned the sidekick role. And his costume sucks. Basically, Snyder can never make me like his new heroes. Didn't like Bluebird, and I don't like Bumblebat. Harper was okay, Duke is great... but stop making your own Not-Robins. They're Not-Good.

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 09-14-2016 at 10:21 AM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #530
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Action Comics

An issue entirely from the perspective of the new Clark Kent. Seems even he beleives that he was conducting an investigation into a corporation called Geneticron when the events of Truth happened and he was forced into hiding by Superman. Clark discovers Superman and Batman conducted an undercover lie detector test on him at the Daily Planet before journeying to Genetricon to continue his investigation. He is tossed off a building in an altercation and is saved by Supes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Detective Comics
RIP Tim Drake. Now all five Robins have experienced death (or close enough). Jason, then Stephanie, then Damian, then Dick, and now Tim. All Robins must die.
He's not dead. Everyone just thinks he is. He's a prisoner of Oz.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:40 AM   #531
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
He's not dead. Everyone just thinks he is. He's a prisoner of Oz.
I did say "(or close enough)."
Old 09-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #532
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Detective Comics
so when are they going to kill off Bumblebat?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #533
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
so when are they going to kill off Bumblebat?
Never. Snyder's still too busy trying to convince everybody that Bumblebat is the next Dick Grayson.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #534
snake
Disgusting

Anyone else LOVING New Superman? It's such a fun book!

The clear winner of rebirth for me is the regular Superman series. The Eradicator arc was the most comic book thing I've ever read. I'd even say it's one of my all time favorite Superman stories.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #535
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Never. Snyder's still too busy trying to convince everybody that Bumblebat is the next Dick Grayson.
Bumblebat can't be the next Dick Grayson.

he's something different . . . . . something better.

sounds like something McGuffin if ya ask me?
Old 09-14-2016, 09:11 PM   #536
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Anyone else LOVING New Superman? It's such a fun book!

The clear winner of rebirth for me is the regular Superman series. The Eradicator arc was the most comic book thing I've ever read. I'd even say it's one of my all time favorite Superman stories.
Peter Tomasi is usually pretty awesome at just about anything he writes.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #537
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So I finally got around to trying the Wonder Woman Rebirth series after barely making it through the first issue when it came out...

Eh. The story is promising, but I think what was dampening my interest is the art. Diana just looks so... cute. The previous series typically drew her pretty badass, but I'm not getting a warrior vibe at all from this.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #538
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
So I finally got around to trying the Wonder Woman Rebirth series after barely making it through the first issue when it came out...

Eh. The story is promising, but I think what was dampening my interest is the art. Diana just looks so... cute. The previous series typically drew her pretty badass, but I'm not getting a warrior vibe at all from this.
I'm perfectly fine with cute Diana, but f*ck the year one sh*t and f*ck the compressed writing in the main story.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:52 AM   #539
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm more interested in the Year One story than the main "Lies" story...I just love cute innocent Diana learning about the world, being blessed by gods posing as animals, and bonding with Steve. It's all so endearing. You flash forward to the present and she's all battle hardened and struggling to find an identity.

I liked how Jurgens used her in Action Comics, which I presume is after "The Lies", the art made her look seasoned, but cute as well, and the writing made her more caring and approachable. Hopefully that's the Diana that emerges from "The Lies" with Steve back at her side.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:48 AM   #540
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:

Hunh, she doesn't read as cute to me...more average?
The art as a whole does have a, weird textbook cartoon feel...I see what you mean.

She has a sort of traditional WW face...but the art is weirdly off putting.

(Nicola Scott, not the other artist)

For the hundredth time, changing WW's look, to Gadot, is the only thing Snyder has done to improve things.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 09-15-2016 at 04:53 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman