The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 04:52 PM   #1361
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they didn't care about it until that moment? When they're already in the writers' room? You get hired for a thing and then hopefully later on you find a way to make yourself care about it -- this is the way it works now?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:12 PM   #1362
Leo656
The Franchise

It's like I keep saying, the biggest reason I am not hopeful for future TMNT movie and TV projects is because the people making them clearly look down on the material and that is not a good place to begin.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:50 PM   #1363
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

In a time when much of our entertainment ties back to established brands, you'd think companies would be hiring artists and creators that are at least aware of the appeal of a given property.

I think back to previous (even recent) times where this has happened and resulted in quality material popular in its day that stood the test of time. Instead, it's almost as if they seek out people that are ambivalent, and the resulting corporate vanity projects are hit-or-miss financially and usually duds critically.

It shouldn't be that hard to find creatives in the industry that are passionate about TMNT, right? Or at least those who see it as more than a roadblock to get past to "find a way to care about" the film they're making? Say what you will about 2012, but Ciro Nieli gets TMNT at least to some extent. I'm not so sure this Rogen guy does, but I guess we'll see.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #1364
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, Ciro gets it. And if he were to be offered a semi-adult TMNT thing he would make something very different than what he did with the kids show.

Rogen, I dunno. I wanted to give him a chance but every interview he's being given about it, he's saying the wrong things.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #1365
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
In other words, a coming out film with intersectionality sprinkled on top.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #1366
Sumac
Banned

Rogen is a typical modern modern entertainer - some talent, ENORMOUS EGO, no ability to accept his shortcomings. Also, riding whatever hype is at the moment.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:14 PM   #1367
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Rogen is a typical modern modern entertainer - some talent, ENORMOUS EGO, no ability to accept his shortcomings. Also, riding whatever hype is at the moment.
In short, he’s a rich fickle a**hole.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #1368
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wished I could comment the other day, but I was off being sick in bed and don't use the forum via phone. (Nor did I have the mental clarity to attempt to remember logins anyhow.)

Quote:
‘We found a way to care about this,’ which is great.”
I resented being sick and not being online though after seeing that quote. What the actual hell. How noble of him/them to go so such great lengths to MANAGE to find a way to give a damn about a project they'd taken on. Like the lowest possible bar to reach for a project... So much for the claims that he was such a big fan.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #1369
AquaParade
Banned

He’s just saying you have to find a heart for the story or you end up with something just plain goofy like secret of the ooze. Which is a bit of a pleasure for me, but not a film I would praise.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #1370
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
I'm 99% sure Rogen doesn't give a ****. He probably watched a couple episodes of the cartoon when he was a kid and that's it.
I would love to quiz him on TMNT trivia, just to prove how truly ignorant he is of the franchise he claims to love so much.

“So, Mr. Rogen, just what is the Technodrome?”

“Oh, it’s a website for a bunch of Comicsgate a**holes who claim to be Ninja Turtle fans, but they’re more toxic than the ooze that mutated the turtles. Eh heh heh heh heh!”

(cue laughter track)
Old 11-17-2022, 07:57 PM   #1371
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
He's generally really, really humble. At least outside of Twitter.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #1372
AquaParade
Banned

Y’all really salty about this huh? I mean, it’s not like anyone was about to make a good tmnt movie. Let him have a chance.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:21 PM   #1373
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Y’all really salty about this huh? I mean, it’s not like anyone was about to make a good tmnt movie. Let him have a chance.
Well, I’m sticking to my boycotting decision, but you can give him a chance if you want to. That’s your decision.

But if the movie does end up being hot garbage, and he calls you a white supremacist for not liking it, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #1374
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Apathetic, really. But yeah, early on I definitely wasn't ruling out Rogen doing something shockingly good with the TMNT. It's just, then he started talking about it.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:26 PM   #1375
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

He wants to start talking about it... so T[mnt]-minus 8.5 months until premier and that's what we hear about it... an undisclosed reason they care. *sigh*

Some projects would be starting to drop some tiny teasers by now, or a very short trailer even. Hell, Netflix puts vague "coming soon" labels on things for longer than that.

Ever since the PD films I figured anyone else venturing a try might be less enthusiastic to share anything too soon, because unless they live under a rock they aught to be aware that this fandom has teeth and strong opinions...and if they chose to play with fire (aka absurd choices) then limiting the period of negative public feedback might be safer. But on the flip side, it also gives negative speculation a chance to grow if waiting makes it look like they're hiding it and doesn't give any questionable decisions time to digest and be accepted.

It'll be the first one my nephew is able to see in a theater, so no matter how it turns out I'm sure we will likely catch it. Even if they made choices I don't care for I'd rather know long enough in advance than still be in the middle of "wtf is this" mode too close to premier... just saying.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:08 PM   #1376
AquaParade
Banned

I’m not necessarily betting on the movie being good, I just think the behavior towards him seems a little aggressive.

I guess if he accused people of being racist, I can see why, but I’m out of the loop on that.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:27 PM   #1377
Leo656
The Franchise

People pre-judge works because of the creators involved all the time. Maybe it's not entirely fair but most people do operate on the principle of, "Oh, it's _______ making it? Well that's all I need to know."

I personally can't stand anything Rogen has ever done or had his hands on, except for 40-Year Old Virgin. So in my case, "That's all I need to know". The odds that this movie will be the first Rogen Thing I don't hate may exist, but they're slim. They're also aiming for a younger audience, so put the two variables together and it's like a Black Licorice and Ass sandwich. For me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:08 AM   #1378
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

When the movie is released next year, it’ll be the same as it always is. There’ll be people who like it, and others who don’t. And that’s perfectly fine and normal. Who knows, I might think it totally sucks! But I’ll give it a chance.
With the exception of the IDW Ross era, cockroach orgy April comic, and maybe some of the old toon series, I’ve been able to find some kind of joy/entertainment in just about anything tmnt related. I love the ninja turtles. I say to hell with Rogan and anything he says. I have hope that the new movie will be cool. Also that the toon series will be fun to watch. I hope the villains show is a hit. Hope that the new action figures rock, and will for sure buy a set of the turtles. I hope the comics continue and that new video games are released. And I really, reallyyyyyyyyyy hope one day we get a darker tone movie or adult tv series.
Remember what rise Leo says “hope is a ninjas greatest weapon”

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:56 AM   #1379
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I hope any of that stuff is successful if it deserves to be. Brand < merit.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #1380
CyberCubed
Overlord

So far the only thing I really don't like is Donatello's design with the glasses. Until we see a trailer and we learn more, I can't way one way or the other whether this will be worth seeing or not. And even then you won't know if its good or not till it comes out anyway.

It's not really worth discussing now until we see the first trailer which will at least set the tone for the movie and see how the CG looks in animation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote