The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #501
j3h
Hench Mutant

We obviously know Ralph is in wave one. Any guesses for the order of the remaining three assuming they are one per wave?

Do you think we will get more than 16 figures? (4 per wave. One wave with each turtle)
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:28 AM   #502
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Do you think we will get more than 16 figures? (4 per wave. One wave with each turtle)
There's 5 waves, not 4.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #503
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
There's 5 waves, not 4.
Thanks, that’s good to know. I definitely missed where super7 shared that info.
I wonder if they’ll space out the main four then and drop Slash as the only turtle in a middle wave (and have either shredder or Casey as the true “anchor” of that particular wave)?
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #504
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Thanks, that’s good to know. I definitely missed where super7 shared that info.
I wonder if they’ll space out the main four then and drop Slash as the only turtle in a middle wave (and have either shredder or Casey as the true “anchor” of that particular wave)?
I think the basic wave turtle variants (i.e. - Undercover Donatello) will be used in place for a turtle in each wave after the 4th. Slash is an evil supporting character, so I guess Slash could be in an earlier wave or a middle wave with a variant of a main villain (i.e. - Slice N Dice Shredder). From my understanding, it’s one turtle, one turtle ally, one main Foot villain, and one supporting Foot villain per wave. That arrangement is subject to change, but that is order for the 1st wave of the TMNT Ultimates line.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #505
Creedog
Foot Soldier

i totally agree. After the 4 turtles are done, S7 will fall back to the turtle variants/repaints. NECA has already started this with their 2nd wave. And S7 themselves have already signaled this with their reaction line.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #506
italianice388
Stone Warrior

I really hope that's not the case for the Ultimates.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #507
mikey0
Foot Elite

For TMNT, there is the 1988 to 1989 selection (when it was a new 80s toy line) and the 1990 [beginning with the pop-up mutant display figures] to 1997 selection (when it was a 90s toy line). I imagine it will be difficult for S7 to make Ultimate versions of the 90s basic wave ally and villain characters without including basic wave and [possible] sub-wave turtle variants.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #508
Creedog
Foot Soldier

I also wonder how far S7’s license goes. Obviously they have to have rights to the ‘88,’89, and ‘90 waves. Neca has shown Triceraton and Slash from ‘90, and I assume S7 has similar access.

If S7 has rights to ‘91 toys, then they should be able to make movie figures too.

If S7 has rights to ‘92 toys, then they would technically be able to make FW toon turtles too.

Obviously this is all just conjecture. And there are probably a ton of restrictions on top of their agreement. When S7 made their vintage MOTU line, they were limited to “as seen on TV”, and they couldn’t make figures like a blue Faker nor Anti-Eternia He-Man.

I just hope NECA or S7 eventually figures out the licensing to Usagi Yojimbo, as I would love any modern version of that toy.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #509
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
I also wonder how far S7’s license goes. Obviously they have to have rights to the ‘88,’89, and ‘90 waves. Neca has shown Triceraton and Slash from ‘90, and I assume S7 has similar access.

If S7 has rights to ‘91 toys, then they should be able to make movie figures too.

If S7 has rights to ‘92 toys, then they would technically be able to make FW toon turtles too.

Obviously this is all just conjecture. And there are probably a ton of restrictions on top of their agreement. When S7 made their vintage MOTU line, they were limited to “as seen on TV”, and they couldn’t make figures like a blue Faker nor Anti-Eternia He-Man.

I just hope NECA or S7 eventually figures out the licensing to Usagi Yojimbo, as I would love any modern version of that toy.
The FW toon Triceraton is from 1993.

The Movie Star Turtles were released in early 1992. Super Shredder, Tokka, and Rahzar were late 1991 releases. The Movie Star Turtles figures were made in 1991.

The Toon Turtles are from early 1993 and made in 1992.

Who knows what S7 will do with both the TMNT Ultimate and ReAction lines? As of right now, I don’t see a Make My Day Leo or Hose ‘Em Down Don being sold as Ultimates or ReActions, but you never know.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-18-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #510
Creedog
Foot Soldier

With having only released the SDCC exclusive pizza for the reaction line so far, S7 has already put up preorders for Undercover Don and Space Cadet Raph. It’s obvious that S7 is going to do a lot of turtle variants for the reaction line. I hope they hold off with turtle variants in the ultimates line for as long as possible, or at least have them as con exclusives at first.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #511
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
With having only released the SDCC exclusive pizza for the reaction line so far, S7 has already put up preorders for Undercover Don and Space Cadet Raph. It’s obvious that S7 is going to do a lot of turtle variants for the reaction line. I hope they hold off with turtle variants in the ultimates line for as long as possible, or at least have them as con exclusives at first.
I don’t see the fun turtle variants being made, only the mandatory ones. A four pack with Leo, The Sewer Samurai, Usagi Yojimbo, Panda Khan, and the first ever Shredder would be cool.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-18-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #512
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
couldn't agree more. if you're listening, S7, please no ultimate turtle variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Leo,The Sewer Samurai has to be made for both the Ultimate and ReAction lines, but there’s no guarantee that Mike,The Sewer Surfer will be made for the second and third time in history. I don’t see the fun turtle variants being made, only the mandatory ones. A four pack with Leo, The Sewer Samurai, Usagi Yojimbo, Panda Khan, and the first ever Shredder would be cool.

there you go again with the conjecture stated as fact. they do not "have" to make a sewer samurai leo figure for both lines. you could phrase it like "it would make sense for them to do X because Y", but you can't say they "have" to do that. and i honestly hope they don't, and focus their efforts on more interesting sculpts.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #513
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
couldn't agree more. if you're listening, S7, please no ultimate turtle variants.

there you go again with the conjecture stated as fact. they do not "have" to make a sewer samurai leo figure for both lines. you could phrase it like "it would make sense for them to do X because Y", but you can't say they "have" to do that. and i honestly hope they don't, and focus their efforts on more interesting sculpts.
Not a conjecture stated as fact, but another way of saying I would love to see Leo, The Sewer Samurai as an Ultimate and ReAction figure. I just removed the statement.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-18-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #514
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I would love to see Leo, The Sewer Samurai as an Ultimate and ReAction figure.
Yeah, it would be cool, especially as an Ultimate figure.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #515
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Yeah, it would be cool, especially as an Ultimate figure.
Super 7 already has the head sculpt for it.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #516
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Not a conjecture stated as fact, but another way of saying I would love to see Leo, The Sewer Samurai as an Ultimate and ReAction figure. I just removed the statement.
fair enough then. my apologies for misunderstanding!
Old 10-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #517
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I would kill for a new Playmates Ultimate Usagi Yojimbo.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #518
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Me too.

If there is anyone who can figure out the complex licensing for Usagi, it’s Super7. They somehow did the William Stout MOTU collection when even Mattel couldn’t get the license.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #519
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Would you want to see an Ultimate Panda Khan, also?
Old 10-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #520
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm not sure I've already said this but I'm very happy they decided to include the unpainted weapons.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote