The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #481
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Zero dick jokes were in this movie.
Yeah, and just the Bebop and Rocksteady fart joke from the trailer. Mikey is far more innocent in this one. Just a big kid, which was definitely the right way to go.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #482
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Even I know that's not true. Were there not a couple of scenes where Bebop and Rocksteady look down their pants to ogle their own mutated members? They've been mentioned more than once.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #483
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I hear after getting mutated bebop and rocksteady check thier junk to see it it changed. That's kinda counts I think. Although to be fair I'd probably do the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Even I know that's not true. Were there not a couple of scenes where Bebop and Rocksteady look down their pants to ogle their own mutated members? Thegve been mentioned more than once.
beat me to it. Gotta learn to type faster
Old 06-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #484
newhire13
Hench Mutant

You're right, forgot about that. At least that's in character for those 2. Nothing like that from the turtles.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #485
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Don't all boys do that? There's nothing much to it.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #486
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

I'll post my full thoughts later, but.... man, Leo was a jerk in this one. I like a more strict Leo that can teeter on "jerk big brother" at times, but they made him REALLY a jerk.

Just toning it down to "Don't tell the others about this yet" would have been fine. Instead he's all "don't tell them" and then "The only vote that matters is mine" made him seriously heavy handed in some scenes. At the same time, it works with where they are and how they develop. Gives Leo a little character growth opportunity, though not a lot of time for them to organically develop it by the climax so much as a quick fix to the problem sprouts up.

I did like him telling Raph & Mike to stay behind and Raph's reaction "You're BENCHING ME?!" though.

Last edited by SwiftNinjaFox; 06-03-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #487
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I'll post my full thoughts later, but.... man, Leo was a jerk in this one. I like a more strict Leo that can teeter on "jerk big brother" at times, but they made him REALLY a jerk.

Just toning it down to "Don't tell the others about this yet" would have been fine.
I think that was the point though, that he wasn't doing the right thing and was trying to control everyone instead of just leading.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #488
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post

Just toning it down to "Don't tell the others about this yet" would have been fine.
Yeah, when he said outright to Raph, "only opinion that matters in this family: MINE!", that was so mean.

I was shocked Leo could be such a stuck up jerk, but yeesh that's teenage attitude all right.

I wish there's a sorry/apology scene for him to his brothers, but alas. He did let the brothers decide at the end. Could be handled a lot better though.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #489
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Don't all boys do that? There's nothing much to it.
You like all the boys who've been mutated? Other wise none of the ones I know do it
Old 06-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #490
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
You like all the boys who've been mutated? Other wise none of the ones I know do it
Boys checking their own equipment. Nothing unusual there. What are you randomly on about, are you on drugs?
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #491
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, when he said outright to Raph, "only opinion that matters in this family: MINE!", that was so mean.

I was shocked Leo could be such a stuck up jerk, but yeesh that's teenage attitude all right.

I wish there's a sorry/apology scene for him to his brothers, but alas. He did let the brothers decide at the end. Could be handled a lot better though.
Reminds me of the "I'm Better Than You" line in TMNT 2007 (and the technodrome forums...)

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #492
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Casey definitely hit a Foot Soldier in the balls too.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:24 AM   #493
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Reminds me of the "I'm Better Than You" line in TMNT 2007 (and the technodrome forums...)
You're right. Even in 2k3 there's a scene where Leo thought he's so far greater than his other brothers ("The Shredder Strikes" episode I think? Where he was training with the others).

It's a trademark now for Leo for being such a jerk. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
Casey definitely hit a Foot Soldier in the balls too.
How so not shocking. Nick tmnt got loads of that already.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #494
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I guess it's like Megan Fox being objectified. Crotch violence is a staple of Michael Bay productions!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #495
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Boys checking their own equipment. Nothing unusual there. What are you randomly on about, are you on drugs?
Sorry on my phone so must've been my auto correct. What I meant was if you were talking about guys who had been recently mutated. Must human guys I know don't really check their own equipment in the presence of their friends.
Quote:

Sounds pretty out of character to me. Leo can over look the others opinions if he thinks it's the right call but in all his incarnations I know of he's never been one to disregard his brothers feelings with such an over the top statement.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #496
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I think that was the point though, that he wasn't doing the right thing and was trying to control everyone instead of just leading.
Yeah, and that was a point of growth for him with Splinter's talk too. Get the feeling he's not really the leader yet so much as trying to learn how to be.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #497
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Sorry on my phone so must've been my auto correct. What I meant was if you were talking about guys who had been recently mutated. Must human guys I know don't really check their own equipment in the presence of their friends.
Yeah but some close friends don't mind that at all. This is evident with some brodudes, they do that in the locker room. And Bebop and Rocksteady are definitely brodudes, they're tight together - even more so than the turtle brothers imo.

Huh, the enemy has stronger relationship bond, eventhough they are not blood related. Go figure.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #498
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Bebop and Rocksteady do kind of steal the show too. I really enjoyed them. And they were "dumb and dangerous" rather than "totally incompetent" to me.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #499
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Even in 2k3 there's a scene where Leo thought he's so far greater than his other brothers ("The Shredder Strikes" episode I think? Where he was training with the others).
Leo did that a lot in the earlier seasons of the 2k12 series as well. See "Panic in the Sewers" and "Mousers Attack!".
Old 06-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #500
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah but some close friends don't mind that at all. This is evident with some brodudes, they do that in the locker room. And Bebop and Rocksteady are definitely brodudes, they're tight together - even more so than the turtle brothers imo.

Huh, the enemy has stronger relationship bond, eventhough they are not blood related. Go figure.
Geez I hope not because that would be an issue. I know the first movie moved at a pace where there really wasn't time for character interaction aND it didn't seem to be much of a priority on the characters relationship's anyway. If there's way more screen time for the turtles in this and you still don't get a sense of a strong brotherly bond that's a problem. The family connection is supposed to be turtles greatest strength after all

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2