The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #61
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Mind-control never even occurred to me, and Karai's third eye/sword aura thing was my idea! Was that the part that suggested it? Or was there something else..?

Regarding Koya, I don't think her getting mystical wings would lessen her hatred for Leo at all. I often end up holding long-term grudges, and if you're that kind of person it doesn't matter if you gain something from an external source that fixes/smooths over the original problem. Leo wasn't the one who gave Koya her magic wings. That's like if someone stole all my money and killed my cat or something, then later on I made all the money back on my own and got a new cat, it doesn't erase what the person did. And think of Koya's wings like a magical prosthetic, they let her fly but they're still not truly hers or part of her body.

At least those are my own thoughts on it, maybe other writers will have plans for Koya or Karai later on that will take all this in a different direction.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I'm a little confused, if/when Tom Waltz uses Karai in the ongoing again, he'll do what he wants with them over Erik/Sophie? Or do you guys all discuss together what direction you guys want to take Karai's character in, as well as Koya/Bludgeon? etc.

Because as we know only Tom Waltz writes the main series, and he'll surely use Karai again at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #63
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I'm a little confused, if/when Tom Waltz uses Karai in the ongoing again, he'll do what he wants with them over Erik/Sophie? Or do you guys all discuss together what direction you guys want to take Karai's character in, as well as Koya/Bludgeon? etc.

Because as we know only Tom Waltz writes the main series, and he'll surely use Karai again at some point.
That’s one of Bobby’s jobs — keeping a consistency to all the others who contribute. He knows long range plans; will not allow us to do anything to contradict those. Tom is great at collaborating and building on what was done by others but, strictly speaking, the narrative weight is with Tom. If he & Bobby decide to nix something we’ve done (or even go a whole different way with it) because of hindsight, then they don’t owe us a consultation.

But in a universe this collaborative, and with an editor like Bobby, that’s not ever really a problem. The no-gos are passed out before stories are scripted, let alone drawn, and then the baton is run with.
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote