The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 10:34 AM   #9301
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

State passed a $300 rebate for residents who filed 2020 tax returns. People have started getting them this week and all other adult family members at this address got them Mon or Tues. Me? Nah, sitting here on Thursday, mail already came, still nothing. But of course.

Add to it that my Amazon order, two separate shipments for stuff ordered at the same time, so I can only assume they're coming from different locations, are both saying "delayed, not yet shipped."

Unfortunately, the one that was supposed to come today and my main point of this order was a couple mouse traps (the humane catch and release sort, if any no-kill mouse people want to know), so a certain pain in the ass rodent must just be so disappointed at the delay... Want this literal smelly bugger out of here.

Edit: Didn't know mice stink, but it explains a vague odor in this back room that has annoyed me off and on for a while. Attic steps are right there and thought it had been coming from upstairs (where most of the occasional mouse problem tends to reside), but maybe not. Suspected a mouse recently when it got into a chocolate bunny, and the little bugger finally effed up the other day and got him/herself seen.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2022 at 10:42 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #9302
superstaff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Edit: Didn't know mice stink, but it explains a vague odor in this back room that has annoyed me off and on for a while. Attic steps are right there and thought it had been coming from upstairs (where most of the occasional mouse problem tends to reside), but maybe not. Suspected a mouse recently when it got into a chocolate bunny, and the little bugger finally effed up the other day and got him/herself seen.
Oof. Did you poison them?

Never poison mice. Snap traps are the best way to go, or if there's several, the rolling log-bucket trap.

Or get a pet rat. I got one, and she deterred all the mice from ever coming back. Sadly, she died months ago, but it seems the mice haven't returned thus far.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #9303
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We have used the RatX stuff in the attic before and put some up there back in the fall/early winter, but not since then.

It's not the smell of anything dead, just a vague, annoying occasional odor that is what I assume some online sources describe as a "stale urine" smell of live mice.

I want to find where it's hiding and clean up whatever mess it has made, but don't want to risk scaring it off and having it just go hide elsewhere before I get the traps.

Edit: Correction, the gear grind has (hopefully) turned into the mouse's grind, soon.

Amazon still saying delayed... but all 3 things I ordered just showed up together at once.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #9304
superstaff
Stone Warrior

I hate people.

That grinds my gears, so to speak. I don't even have the energy to go on a long rant about it, but man. I just can't catch a break. The saying that hell is other people is so damn right.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #9305
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yay somebody understands me.

Half the reason why when I saw a mug recently that says I hate morning people. And mornings. And people. I had to have it. (Well, nothing really against morning people...other than structuring society based on their own inner clocks.)

And considering how inconsiderate are the customers in the stores among my accounts, wrecking my dept and product the way they do...it's a fitting mug that may need to contain ice cream later in the week if this a-hole customer trend continues in the next days.

Though I really came to complain about the absence of 13" windshield wipers. What is up with that?? My Target barely sells any wipers so I'm not surprised, but Walmart has a large section and doesn't even look like they carry them at all. Had 14" but I'm unsure if those would fit.

Old ones are fraying and inspection due next month and no way would they pass it with the current ones...

Last edited by IndigoErth; Yesterday at 01:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #9306
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A coffee mug for ice cream is something I didn't realise that I needed in my life.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #9307
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, great, Michael Moore is back on TV.

Wouldn't be a tragedy without the Al Sharpton of Gun Control trying to squeeze 5 more seconds out of his 15 minutes of fame.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote