The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Man wins gender discrimination lawsuit

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28505...ngconservative
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

She should've stayed in the kitchen.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, good for him.

Though can you imagine if a women had sued for being unfairly (be it in her mind/opinion or legit) not selected and was awarded that sum of money after suing over it? Not hard to imagine what the internet would have to say about that one!

Maybe he was the best candidate and is right that he was wrongly not given the job. Or maybe hiring is more than just the application and how much you like the interviewees is a factor too and they liked her more... Because liking you could certainly make up for you being only a quarter of one percent behind on the app. (Was thinking I could be reading it wrong, but if it was 25% then why the decimal? Granted I'm bad at math.)

Quote:
She said the appointment was “carried out according to the procedure prescribed by law,” but added that a long history of “mass underrepresentation of women" did play a role in her decision to appoint a woman.
Which plenty of people take issue with...

But question - who rates these applications? Normal regular humans who could have their own biases that could increase or decrease your chances, even those based on parts of your application that should probably have no impact? Because stupid judgements happen and lets be honest, humans tend to make quick judgement of competence (and other factors) of other humans in very primitive ways, in which gender or race (or a bad name, a bad address, etc) can be used as an unfair factor among other things. Someone's rating could certainly be higher or lower based on some simple bias and 0.25% isn't exactly outside a reasonable margin of error... Given that, it's not exactly so wrong to try to increase representation of certain demographics if they could be unfairly losing out on the rating to begin with.

Again, good for him, but that was a very TINY percentage difference... Margin of error tiny, so it's a little surprising that he won his case, at least by that much.

Honestly, I expected this story to be of a guy who was already employed in a place dominated by women and he had faced and sued for sexism on the job.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote