The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #81
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Sorry I even brought it up. Sheesh.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #82
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Sorry I even brought it up. Sheesh.
Never even seen your post dude. Had to scroll through the thread again and seen that you posted a link. I occasionally only read one post ahead of my own. Bad habit I know. But my reaction was written calmly with just a wish of more stock in mind. No offense if offense was taken.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #83
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Never even seen your post dude. Had to scroll through the thread again and seen that you posted a link. I occasionally only read one post ahead of my own. Bad habit I know. But my reaction was written calmly with just a wish of more stock in mind. No offense if offense was taken.
It was just that DWC brought up Andrew's snide comment again just to have a laugh. I might have taken oldmanwinter's comment the wrong way, and it just seemed like you had your concerns about the whole thing. I agree with what you say about being able to buy this thing casually anyway.

They may be bringing back the NES Classic, but I wonder if it'll still be as hard to get one like it was the first time it came out.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #84
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
It was just that DWC brought up Andrew's snide comment again just to have a laugh. I might have taken oldmanwinter's comment the wrong way, and it just seemed like you had your concerns about the whole thing. I agree with what you say about being able to buy this thing casually anyway.
I appreciate you posting the link you did because I hadn't heard that news yet. Your "sheesh" comment does make more sense to me now that I consider the impact of all the comments together.
Quote:
They may be bringing back the NES Classic, but I wonder if it'll still be as hard to get one like it was the first time it came out.
That's the million dollar question.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #85
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I just saw a notification from Best Buy that they shipped out my SNES Classic. Now I wait until Friday to see if GameStop makes good on my preorder with them.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #86
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I just saw a notification from Best Buy that they shipped out my SNES Classic. Now I wait until Friday to see if GameStop makes good on my preorder with them.
wtf? really freaking bs.... Gamestop told me they were not doing pre-orders.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #87
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
wtf? really freaking bs.... Gamestop told me they were not doing pre-orders.....
They told me the same thing too on the day the SNES Classic was announced. Then they'd have this thing on their site where you could submit your information and they'd send you updates. That's how I found out that they were doing preorders. I talk about how I preordered from them in an earlier post. Sorry that you missed out on that opportunity, but you can try your luck at getting one from other stores this Friday. The suckiest part is having to get to one wicked early and wait outside in a queue for a while until the store opens.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:40 AM   #88
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I think I may have just ordered a SNES classic from ThinkGeek before a server crash or something. I did receive my PayPal notification so that's promising. But I don't know. I really would like to find one in person.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #89
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I think I may have just ordered a SNES classic from ThinkGeek before a server crash or something. I did receive my PayPal notification so that's promising. But I don't know. I really would like to find one in person.
Lucky
I was in the er working and tried my hardest but it crashed on me
All these scalpers effin irk me
Old 09-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #90
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Lucky
Well I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I haven't received a confirmation email from ThinkGeek yet. Only the PayPal email. So it's not looking good.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #91
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Mine just arrived. Really cool. I bought this to keep, not sell on. It so odd seeing how small it is in person, makes the original seem like a concrete block Nice to have so new controllers, since my old snes ones are very old looking.

Gonna get stuck in to some Megaman X since that is a game I never played back in the day.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #92
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
They told me the same thing too on the day the SNES Classic was announced. Then they'd have this thing on their site where you could submit your information and they'd send you updates. That's how I found out that they were doing preorders. I talk about how I preordered from them in an earlier post. Sorry that you missed out on that opportunity, but you can try your luck at getting one from other stores this Friday. The suckiest part is having to get to one wicked early and wait outside in a queue for a while until the store opens.
Gotcha, I was actually lucky enough to nab one.

Also shout to Roseangelo for mentioning Target! I was 14th inline this morning worried I may not get one until they told me they 30-40
turns out they had 39!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #93
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah I'm keeping it too. That is if it shows up. I just received my confirmation email saying my order status is processing. I must have been one of the last people to smash an order in before out of stock/server crash incident last night. Can't wait to play some MarioKart.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #94
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Got one this morning at gamestop
Left work and got in line 3 hours before open
Was 4th in line
Gluck to anyone trying to get one
Old 09-29-2017, 06:01 PM   #95
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Got one this morning at gamestop
Left work and got in line 3 hours before open
Was 4th in line
Gluck to anyone trying to get one
Congrats man! Long wait but I'm sure it was worth every minute.

Cool video for those interested in cool stuff.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #96
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Ill probably get one after the initial craze dies down.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #97
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Gotcha, I was actually lucky enough to nab one.

Also shout to Roseangelo for mentioning Target! I was 14th inline this morning worried I may not get one until they told me they 30-40
turns out they had 39!!!!
I'm glad you got yours. Very cool.

The one I ordered from Best Buy arrived today. The order I placed at GameStop also came through. When I was there to preorder, I thought they were just going to take ten preorders that day. It turned out that they took eighteen. They got twelve extra units for walk-ins. So that's thirty units total. Now that one was for this lady from my job who was also interested and asked me to keep her posted. So I made the preorder at GameStop with her in mind. So I totally made her day when I came in with it for her today.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #98
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Wal-Mart will be selling SNES Classics online from the 15th to the 17th at 11am PST.

https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2017/...ber-15th-17th/
Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #99
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I recently picked up this case. It’s pretty rad! I really like the various cards for the front display.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #100
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can easily hack the SNES Classic to play every SNES games, as well as other games from different consoles, you can use a USB Thumb Drive to store all the roms, there are a ton of guides on youtube that shows you how.