The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 09:11 AM   #1
Banned

NFL cancels black singer from National Anthem because she’s not vaccinated

NFL cancels singer Victory Boyd National Anthem performance after singer refuses to vaccinate for religious reasons.

https://www.newsmax.com/amp/newsfron...mpression=true

This seems kinda bigoted, and racist. African Americans are one of the least vaccinated populations, so this vaccine discrimination we’ve been seeing lately really is systematic racism in disguise.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No, not really, that's a bit of a stretch. If she wants to take it up with the NFL then that's on her and her freedom to do so, though the privately owned teams can make that call.

But nice try at reaching for anything you can attempt to use as an argument against vaccines, like we haven't seen this time and time again by many out there. Wonder what the next thing will be that will offer people the opportunity to point and scream at it, because it's not like anyone who brings it up for this reason cared if she sings or not.

If she's truly against it just "for religious reasons" then she aught to be fully understanding of the circumstances right now and see about another opportunity to do it in the future.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So... when it comes to a vaccine, it's a company policy and they need to do it, regardless of religious beliefs or otherwise. BUT... if they violate company policy and take a knee for the National Anthem, that's brave and bold and we should celebrate that and of course it should be allowed?

Why does this only ever travel in one direction? (the left)
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So... when it comes to a vaccine, it's a company policy and they need to do it, regardless of religious beliefs or otherwise. BUT... if they violate company policy and take a knee for the National Anthem, that's brave and bold and we should celebrate that and of course it should be allowed?

I had the same thought. If I'd cared more I'd go back and find her posts as a side-by-side of the hypocrisy of her use of "free market-allowed" versus "edicts and totalitarianisms".

So full of $#!( that it stinks through the computer screen.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #5
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
No, not really, that's a bit of a stretch. If she wants to take it up with the NFL then that's on her and her freedom to do so, though the privately owned teams can make that call.

But nice try at reaching for anything you can attempt to use as an argument against vaccines, like we haven't seen this time and time again by many out there. Wonder what the next thing will be that will offer people the opportunity to point and scream at it, because it's not like anyone who brings it up for this reason cared if she sings or not.

If she's truly against it just "for religious reasons" then she aught to be fully understanding of the circumstances right now and see about another opportunity to do it in the future.
So what if she kneeled while the Anthem was going and people "cancelled her" because of that? I bet you would be upset about that.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

That's BS, religious exceptions are religious exceptions. By their very meaning, they're EXCEPTIONS.

And I agree. If she kneels during the anthem she'd be 'stunning and brave' and that is far more disrespectful.

Just cancel the NFL. Let the idiots go broke.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I really don't care about the kneeling thing one way or the other. Doing it or being upset over someone doing it solves nothing.

You guys realize she probably doesn't work for the NFL, right? So they have no power to tell her to get the vaccine or not, nor kneeling, and if they decide to change plans right now.... that shouldn't really be a big deal and if they and she could be adults about it they could plan to have her back in the future under better circumstances...? I don't really see why a change of plans that could be rescheduled in the future is something to get upset over.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You guys realize she probably doesn't work for the NFL, right?
Au contraire. It looks like she was being employed by NFL Media & Entertainment Events. It was likely a contract basis, but that's still the employer.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fair enough, then I stand corrected on that part if true.

Her choice is freely hers to make, no one held her down and forced her, though other entities, including the NFL make their own. If their priories conflict, then so be it. Though by the sound of it, this conflict should have already been known in advance before they even made this arrangement, so the fault of both for the lack of communication.

Still, I don't feel it's anything worth making a stink over, either they can have her back in the future or she can bow out and go make her money elsewhere.

Quote:
“The NFL’s Game Day Field Access Policy requires that all individuals accessing the playing field and surrounding sideline areas within the stadium bowl (including individuals involved in game presentation elements such as the singer of the national anthem) be fully vaccinated.

Under the policy, ‘fully vaccinated’ means 14 days have passed since the individual received the final dose required in the vaccine sequence, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This requirement is mandatory and fully complies with the laws applicable to the type of business relationship contemplated here, and we are not in a position to make an exception.”
Old 09-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

I think the difference is that people feel genuinely threatened by those who are not vaccinated. Whether it is rational or not, people feel that if you are near them you are going to get them sick.

Taking a knee doesn't get anyone sick.

I'm all for debating past that, but as far as the reasoning people are using in comparison, I think that is it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I think the difference is that people feel genuinely threatened by those who are not vaccinated. Whether it is rational or not, people feel that if you are near them you are going to get them sick.
It isn't rational. They can get vaccinated and/or wear an an N95 if they're weirdly living in fear like that. And I sincerely doubt "feeling threatened" is quite the rationale at large. Or maybe it is, but more like some kind of "Your lack of compliance offends me, and runs the risk of me feeling silly about my own easily given compliance!" thing. It's interesting to watch.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I think the difference is that people feel genuinely threatened by those who are not vaccinated. Whether it is rational or not, people feel that if you are near them you are going to get them sick
All that does then is show lack of confidence in the vaccine that the same people are touting everyone should have to fix the problem.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #13
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
All that does then is show lack of confidence in the vaccine that the same people are touting everyone should have to fix the problem.
Well... it's been proven pretty definitely that said vaccines don't actually work very well. So................

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:07 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
It isn't rational. They can get vaccinated and/or wear an an N95 if they're weirdly living in fear like that. And I sincerely doubt "feeling threatened" is quite the rationale at large. Or maybe it is, but more like some kind of "Your lack of compliance offends me, and runs the risk of me feeling silly about my own easily given compliance!" thing. It's interesting to watch.
That’s how it comes off to me, they are just upset if they see someone not “going with the flow” and accepting the “new normal” and doing everything their TV says, not complying.

I’ve been walking into stores maskless and so far haven’t had any employees harass me, even noticed a few other customers take their masks off after seeing me not wearing, but still most customers are wearing masks and I feel like I’m getting dirty looks under the masks of people too afraid to unmask themselves. Mass civil disobedience is the only way out of this tyranny.

In this particular case, I didn’t know much about Victory Boyd, but after reading about it seems like she may be conservative, and NFL probably just doesn’t want to celebrate a black conservative, very harmful to the leftist narrative, they expect all black people to be democrats by default.

It’s crazy how the left demonizes anyone that isn’t 100% obedient to Jeffrey Epstein’s friends.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote