The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord

You know, the more I hear it, the more the 'right side of history' thing irks me. It's stupid. They themselves are tearing down people like Columbus who was an asshole but treated as a hero for years. Don't they see that if even if history calls them the good guys now, sooner or later the truth will come out and they will be seen as villains in history?

A decade or two from now, the whole woke movement might even be called the biggest and most dangerous cult this country has ever seen, and they're paving the way to prove that sentiment to be correct.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #62
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm starting to grow tired of the term "source material". No fictional character is sacred to the point that the very first interpretation of them (be it a comic book, animated TV program, live action movie or an old fashioned novel) be put on a pedestal like that. I'm all for respecting the origins of these characters and the people who created them in the first place, but at the end of the day content creators are free to make up their own adaptations. That brings me to another term I'm sick of hearing - "official canon". Like OMG, who cares what did or didn't happen, or what got retconned in a long running series? Use your imaginations and draw your own conclusions. It's all just make believe anyway!

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 09-07-2021 at 08:18 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:08 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I made a thread about this years ago but it bothers my ears when someone in a straight relationship or marriage refers to their significant other as their "partner." Because that either makes it sound like a business relationship to me OR some kind of virtue signaling to the LGBTQ community.
I saw sdp here referring to his significant other as his "partner" at least once or twice.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #64
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I saw sdp here referring to his significant other as his "partner" at least once or twice.
Well he can't say "boyfriend" because by his own logic that would be "gendered". So of course he's going to say "partner". But that's what he does, so who cares? It's all nonsense anyway.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #65
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well he can't say "boyfriend" because by his own logic that would be "gendered". So of course he's going to say "partner". But that's what he does, so who cares? It's all nonsense anyway.
So SDP is into the pronoun game?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know that EVERYONE who says "that's my partner" when talking about their wife or girlfriend are doing the virtue signaling thing... but something is going on there even with those that aren't.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:01 PM   #67
sdp
-

I personally use, Ve-Ver as my pronouns so please try to get them correctly. I included the following chart so you can practice and not mess my pronouns up.

I´m not sure what Ve is exactly but it sounds futuristic so I like it, don´t judge me.

I told zir to go f-ck zirself.

Last edited by sdp; 09-08-2021 at 12:06 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:11 AM   #68
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

the word "salty"

admittedly I do use this word sometimes, but I feel it is used way to much lately.

yeet

there is nothing wrong with it I just always found "yeet" dumb.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:41 AM   #69
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

"Overrated" is a word I don't like using because it means you hate that something's popular.

"Materialistic", it's a term used out of pettiness and jealously.

Both are just spiteful terms.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:11 AM   #70
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Overuse of the term 'roast' instead of insult. Naw dude, a roast is you standing there while a bunch of people take turns throwing multiple insults at you. A roast isn't just one guy calling you dumb or whatever.

I swear some of these newer terms are stupid kids watching an old show or something and trying to turn some phrase they just heard into the next big slang term or buzz word.

It's even worse when adults hear it and pick it up. Like 30-year old dude, you know what a roast is, stop saying that ****.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:25 AM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Alright," or "all right." Early on it was beaten into my head that "alright" was wrong by teachers yet apparently it has or has always been OK and I'm the weird guy.

Or not? I hate the word, either way.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:55 PM   #72
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Alright," or "all right." Early on it was beaten into my head that "alright" was wrong by teachers yet apparently it has or has always been OK and I'm the weird guy.

Or not? I hate the word, either way.
Back in elementary school I once had a teacher almost convince me the term "making friends" was inappropriate; she thought it sounded too aggressive, like I was gonna go around grabbing people by the arm, look them dead in the eye and say "Be... my... friend!" like some kinda psycho. Looking back, I think this is how my social anxiety might have began. Thanks a lump, Mrs. Dunning!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:52 AM   #73
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

sounds like your teacher was projecting her failed friendship endeavors on to you. what a weirdo.

It's been around for a long while, but I never cared for the word "selfie," I remember how much it irritated me when it first came about but I've come to terms that it's here to stay.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:34 AM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Lately? "Full stop." Just... stop.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:39 AM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Has anyone noticed the zoomers of today no longer say, "This is cool," or "This is hot" anymore?

Now to say they like something, they say, "This is fire" (I suppose this replaced "this is hot") and "This is lit" (which saying something is lit, like lighting a fire or you lit something).

We didn't say these things back in my day! We just said this is so cool and that was it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:13 AM   #76
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I'll go with

- Epic
- Iconic

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:21 PM   #77
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I remember for a while (or maybe it's still around) when people would say 'this is sick' instead of cool. I only heard about via American TV channels when I was still in Mexico (we had 2 American channels), so it was funny running into an American tourist and actually hear him say that.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:02 PM   #78
AquaParade
Banned

I still say "sick" sometimes and it probably sounds dumb, but it's sort of engrained in me bc it was so common for so long where I grew up.

I think new slang just annoys me in general because it feels trendy and bandwagon'ish. But that's literally how language works, so I can't really justify my annoyance.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:40 AM   #79
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

The word Problematic bugs me, it's just too vague of a statement, if it's being used to say somebody did something horrible, I'd like to know what specific action the person did.

I still use phrases like cool when something interests me, fire isn't a term I use in that context unless I'm talking about actual fire or the song Wheels on fire.
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #80
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

“White Privilege”

Need I say more?