The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #41
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Kaiserslautern?? is that an Army post or an Air Force bace?? Congrats to ur hubby. I know it took my dad way to long to get staff....wait....my first question may be void....i don't think there is a "Staff" sgt rank in the army...dude for a military brat, i know squat about the armed forces....u ask me what plane that is and i say, "ur guess is as good as mine, maybe better...." I'm the most non-military military brat i know....but man, the plus side is seeing places so few other Amreicans do, and having experences that shape a life time. If u don't wanna join the miliatary, but want some of the adventure, marry a service preson....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #42
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

*Sits on couch & mixes Sake and vodka then pours in a bottle of Asprin and ponders weither to swallow*

This day has fu*king sucked. I sit here day after day watching this fricking excuse for a family fight and drag me into it. Allow me to shead some light on the situation. Life is hell. My dad had a stroke a few years ago and just likes to blow up on anything and anyone in the area. He also likes to trash people's things, so I had to install a deadbolt on my room. As long as I keep it locked, no problem. But now he aggravates my little sister for the hell of it. He sees it as playing, she sees it as torture.

Now they get the idea that kicking me outside is a good way to make me agree with they're opinions. Keep in mind it's about 26 degrees right now. Fu*k this. The moment I possibly can, I'm outta this hell. I pity my sister who's stuck here for at least another 7 years. *sigh*

Simple sentence. Family sucks.

*chugs Sake*
Old 01-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #43
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

If I may make a suggestion. Take your sister with you when you leave, seems to be best for her. Plus you can then split the chores (there are more than you'd think). And as soon as she earns money she can help you with the rent.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #44
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

All that'd do in the US is get me arrested. My parents wouldn't do it, but the moment we were reported missing, I'd be labeled by the police as a child kidnapper. The US law system sucks.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:13 PM   #45
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Sadly that's true. I know what you're going through, kinda, TMB. My dad was the same way, so I no longer speak to him. Infact, I hear he's been laid off from his job of 30+ years. I was thrilled when I got that news. Anyway, back to you.

Is there anyone you could move out with? I know it's the only way I can afford to leave home. Give it a try. You might have to cut back your videogame spending, but for what you'll get it's worth it.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #46
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
All that'd do in the US is get me arrested. My parents wouldn't do it, but the moment we were reported missing, I'd be labeled by the police as a child kidnapper. The US law system sucks.
Not if you do a little intrigue. You have already signed a contract for a flat, for you and your sister. She also signed (that's the important part, so she states that she's okay living with you). Then you just get her into a fight with your parents, she screams that she'll move out (bags already packed) and then voilà, she gives your parents a phone call that she's with you. End of story.

Oh yeah, it probably would be best if your parents lived more than an hour or so away.

Why dows everything need to be so complicated these days. The moment you wake up you're supposed to be a criminal for... for... ah, they'll come with something in time.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #47
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Honestly, I don't buy that much nowadays. I already have all the old stuff I want, and I know when the major releases are this year, and they're rather spread out.

The only problem is, the only "very good" friend I know outside the web lives about 400 miles from here. He's moving out in a year or so. Perhaps I'll try around then (gotta get in College to learn how to be a writer and programmer sometime around there).
Old 01-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #48
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Apply for Digipen. My friend who goes there says they love giving out student loans, and there's always people looking for roomates. Plus you get a discount at the Nintendo store, along with going to a school designed to teach you how to make games that's funded by Nintendo (and located above NOA's offices as well). It's also not very difficult to get in there, but it IS a lot of work. A LOT.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:21 PM   #49
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

A thought to consider, though I really have no intrest in designing video games. The market's gonna have somewhat of a fallout soon, and there's gonna be quite a lot of lost jobs.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #50
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Kaiserslautern?? is that an Army post or an Air Force bace?? Congrats to ur hubby. I know it took my dad way to long to get staff....wait....my first question may be void....i don't think there is a "Staff" sgt rank in the army
I live a good bit west of Kaiserslautern, which is actually just a big ol' city mostly void of any military bases. I'm on an Army run installation, though its primarily just housing and a big ass hospital. The Army and Marines call the pay grade of E-6 Staff SGT, while the Air Force calls it Tech SGT. Go figure. Growing up an Officer's daughter, I always thought the AF Enlisted ranking system was a bit wonky anyway.

TMB: Sounds like you're going through all manner of hell. If you're up to the responsibility, when you move out, consider applying for legal guardianship over your sister. All the paperwork required for the process is handled by the Probate Division of your local County Court Clerk's office, so it may not be as complicated as one would think. Best of luck, dude.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:47 AM   #51
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I think TMB should worry about his own well being before he starts nailing on extra responsibilites. I love my brother to death, but Lord knows I'd never be able to handle both he and I on our own unless absolutely necessary.

Trust me, TMB, I know about family troubles. When **** hits the fan you take care of yourself first.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:55 AM   #52
Peanut
Second Gear

I hate my life.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 AM   #53
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Then get your lazy ass up and do something instead of playing video games. I had this phase where almost everything fell apart because of my lazyness but now it's gotten a little better. If you succeed on some serious work (school or whatever) it'll give you the motivation to go on.
Grandpa Barkworm has spoken!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #54
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I think it's time we put Grandpa Barkworm in a home...

How can you hate your life Peanut? You live in Canada! Oh...right...
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:18 AM   #55
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm
Then get your lazy ass up and do something instead of playing video games. I had this phase where almost everything fell apart because of my lazyness but now it's gotten a little better. If you succeed on some serious work (school or whatever) it'll give you the motivation to go on.
Grandpa Barkworm has spoken!
Oh, I was only joking. I love my life. I just thought complaining about stuff was the "in" thing to do. I just wanted to be cool.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 AM   #56
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Then let me tell you your life DOES suck! I hope you feel bad now, very bad.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #57
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

...Apparently, even though Apolo seemed annoying at times, she's been going through a living hell lately.
Look.

Yume Sangna (1:21:03 PM): i hate my mom ;_;
byoukiakuma (1:21:12 PM): Why..? o.o
Yume Sangna (1:21:42 PM): we were fighting over an algebra problem that i even proved using my book that i was right and she still didnt agree with me. she treatened to shred my test.
Yume Sangna (1:21:47 PM): and we were yelling at eachother
byoukiakuma (1:22:02 PM): er... o.o;;
Yume Sangna (1:23:18 PM): and then i yelled at her saying i was going to run away because all she ever did was yell at me over every little thing
Yume Sangna (1:23:43 PM): so she screamed at me: "go ahead, run away and live wiht your little mother ****ing retard in MA"
Yume Sangna (1:23:52 PM): i glared at her, and told her not to call him that
Yume Sangna (1:24:08 PM): then she said "just go to your room and dont come out you little ****"
Yume Sangna (1:24:19 PM): so i did, and one day she will wake up and i will be gone
Yume Sangna (1:24:25 PM): i'll be half way to Ma
Yume Sangna (1:24:29 PM): no matter how i get there

(Her boyfriend lives in MA)
Damn...
Old 01-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #58
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Oh damn, well If she's really really having a hard time (not just that "month of crisis") and if she really can't get along with her family, then please give her the advice, that if she ran away, she should know where she's going. I don't want anyone to have the pleasure of not knowing where to sleep in the evening.

Other than that, I have to say that: It'll all work out in the end. Most of it.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #59
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron
I think it's time we put Grandpa Barkworm in a home...
*snickers*
Old 01-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #60
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I met my father today... I am disappointed. Very disappointed.

He first wanted to do something with me and my brother for christmas. That was impossible since we already had appointments. Family stuff. Well, today I met him. We went to have pizza. Pizza is a good thing.

But what has become of the person I once called "my hero"? What has happened during the last six years? What is wrong with him? He seemed to be apologizing for everything. First for his new car (just substract the rims). Well, then he started talking about his life without us. How he still feels his head injury (he once broke his neck but survived). He never did that before. Where went all his strength that people tell I have too. Where is his strong will? He seemed so weak and pale. Not exactly old, but tired. And his voice... no energy in it.

I am deeply disappoited. This, my friends, is one of the moments I could cry. I really could. For one, I think it's a shame that the father I knew is gone (even characterwise, he wouldn't even put up a good fight) and for the other that I don't want to become what he is today.

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip