The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #21
Creativemind
Foot Soldier

I absolutely hated this show. People say the 2014 movie was bad but I say this show was a thousand times worse.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:12 AM   #22
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
I like it. It's a reeeally obnoxious show but I enjoy it for nostalgic reasons. A live-action Turtles show back in the day was amazing by default. But seriously, anyone who champions it but somehow hates the new movie makes zero sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This times 10000 B-Man I can never understand this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
I absolutely hated this show. People say the 2014 movie was bad but I say this show was a thousand times worse.
I wonder how many of THESE we're gonna get?

You're not a true Turtle fan if you don't like Next Mutation...
[/sarcasm]

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 AM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'll go out on a limb and say both are potentially able to have some measure of their own... rather unique... charm. In some kind of way.
Spoiler:
Even if it takes a heavily distorted fun house mirror to find it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #24
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'll say this...I keep from buying Next Mutation on DVD because they edited it, putting in a different theme song and removing one of my favorite jokes...

With the PD flick I just can't my wife refuses to let me waste my money on it.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #25
Mew
Banned

I love Next Mutation!
I admit I love it.
I marathon it on Netflix.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #26
Icebot
Foot Elite

I've only seen a couple episodes and I enjoyed them a little. I plan to watch the whole series some day.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #27
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I liked it when I was 12. It seemed more serious back then. I only saw bits of it, though. I liked that it was live-action and loosely based on the films. The last episode I saw as a child was the final episode, which appeared to be good at the time. I watched a few episodes a year ago and thought it was awful (it wasn't as good as I remembered it).
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #28
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'll say this...I keep from buying Next Mutation on DVD because they edited it, putting in a different theme song and removing one of my favorite jokes...

With the PD flick I just can't my wife refuses to let me waste my money on it.
I'll bite Jester, what was your favorite joke? I didn't know they edited them. I only saw them once on tv when they first aired and I missed the first three, but anything else significant that was cut?
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #29
ABrown
Banned

Sorry Next Mutation, but I've never been a fan.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #30
Nameless
Mad Scientist

love discussions where one side can lists of reasons and examples and the other side just goes your wrong/your stupid, drops mike, walks away...

but seriously neither the movie or TNM shows deserve high praise for being high quality works. i enjoy both, but enjoy them more when i have them on as back ground noise. neither deserve/require my 100% focus and it is when your 100% focused that all the bad crap is really noticeable...

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

I've just started re watching this on Amazon, I've not watched it since it first aired. So far it's as I remembered, I like it but it's not my favourite incarnation. The thing I do love about it (randomly) is the re-use of the lair set from the movies, I've always liked that set and it was pretty cool to see that continued. Venus, eh, I can take or leave her, she's too much of a gimmick for me to really get on board with. Not that I don't think she couldn't be re-introduced in the future, I'd love to see IDW's take...
Old 02-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #32
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
watched it all on Netflix, and i liked it. i want to get it on dvd

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #33
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
love discussions where one side can lists of reasons and examples and the other side just goes your wrong/your stupid, drops mike, walks away...
I'm just saying, when you're watching one goofy thing get scorned ad nauseam, and then the ultimate goofy thing get praised, you gotta call bullsh*t. I like Next Mutation, but if it's A-OK to praise it and forgive it's endless list of problems, I don't wanna get sh*t for praising 2014 ever again

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #34
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm just saying, when you're watching one goofy thing get scorned ad nauseam, and then the ultimate goofy thing get praised, you gotta call bullsh*t. I like Next Mutation, but if it's A-OK to praise it and forgive it's endless list of problems, I don't wanna get sh*t for praising 2014 ever again
haha in truth its almost like kids at school picking on the new kid...kid gets picked on until a newer kid comes around... before the movie, next mutation was getting soooooo much scorn it was crazy... now that the movie is released they have a new "kid" as it were to pick apart... as i stated before though they both aren't great and have good things and bad things about them its really up to the person watching to take what enjoyment they can out of them and ignore the bad bits... either that or hate them with every part of your being ...

ps for the record turtle christmas is the ultimate in goofy things lol... also does very well in the terrifying category as well in my opinion...

Old 02-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #35
pennydreadful
trash

BayTurtles is the fandom's punishment from the nerd gods for bitching about NM all these years. "You think NM is bad? Well get a load of this!"

Seriously though - I still draw a line between NM and Bayturtles. One is goofy 90's corn on a small budget (which has good ideas, if not good execution). The other's an expensive homage to mediocrity with no good ideas, let alone good execution.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... given how sequels tend to decline further into the terrible abyss sooner or later given enough of them, chances are 2014 may one day look a bit better in comparison to what's coming after it. Sad to think that's probably true.

And that Christmas what ever it was. o.O Finally checked that out this past December. I will never be the same.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #37
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
haha in truth its almost like kids at school picking on the new kid...kid gets picked on until a newer kid comes around... before the movie, next mutation was getting soooooo much scorn it was crazy... now that the movie is released they have a new "kid" as it were to pick apart... as i stated before though they both aren't great and have good things and bad things about them its really up to the person watching to take what enjoyment they can out of them and ignore the bad bits... either that or hate them with every part of your being ...

ps for the record turtle christmas is the ultimate in goofy things lol... also does very well in the terrifying category as well in my opinion...
Agreed compleeetely, dude. Felt good reading that. btw I tried watching Turtle Christmas just last Christmas (had never seen it before) and had to turn it off lol Next Mutation is abysmal but I still consider it a legit part of TMNT history. Turtle Christmas just felt like something made by a mall. Like, literally employees of a mall got together, put on costumes and video'd it to be sold in malls.
But anyways anyone have any fave Next Mutation episodes?

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #38
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

uhhh

Quote:
anyone have any fave Next Mutation episodes?
Not sure why it is in italics but yes. Like I've said multiple times unchain my heart is one of the best story arcs in the franchise so all those episodes are good. I believe the first one is the one where leo is sick on Bonesteels hunting/tracking and studys up on some techniques himself to even the odds. I thought that was really cool.

The good dragon is a good episode. nice story behind it. There were mainly good dragons until Dragon lord corrupted them.

Pretty much any episode with Silver will be good. He's a very good villain.

Also I really like the one where mikey has his talk show and he throws the party to raise money for animals. It's just a fun episode with a good message.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #39
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Agreed compleeetely, dude. Felt good reading that. btw I tried watching Turtle Christmas just last Christmas (had never seen it before) and had to turn it off lol Next Mutation is abysmal but I still consider it a legit part of TMNT history. Turtle Christmas just felt like something made by a mall. Like, literally employees of a mall got together, put on costumes and video'd it to be sold in malls.
i got through the entire turtles xmas show... now i can't sleep turtles will eat me... seriously though i watched it hoping beyond hope for something redeeming... it didn't happen... agree with the mall comment though

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
BayTurtles is the fandom's punishment from the nerd gods for bitching about NM all these years. "You think NM is bad? Well get a load of this!"
literally LOL when i read that...

Old 02-10-2015, 01:28 AM   #40
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I'll bite Jester, what was your favorite joke? I didn't know they edited them. I only saw them once on tv when they first aired and I missed the first three, but anything else significant that was cut?
I don't know what else was cut, but the joke that was was from the first episode. After the Foots first defeat the Shredder calls them out for being beaten by a single turtle and an arthritic rat. One Foot pipes up that the rat had a stick, and Shredder replies, "And what did the turtle have a pink flower?" Other lnes are cut from the same scene...including Shredder mimicking the excuse..."But the rat had a stick..."

I'll admit it ain't Shakespeare, but it's so dumb it always makes me chuckle.

Tags
next mutation