The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Best Second-Hand Finds?

Most of us have gone to some kind of thrift store/flea market/swap meet/garage sale before to see what kind of stuff they had for sale.

You never really know what you’re gonna find. It could be something at a really reduced price or something out of the ordinary.

What are some of the best deals you guys have gotten? Anybody come across any weird or wacky items whilst shopping at places like these?

I found an unopened Tamashii Nations Robot Spirits G-Self figure at my local thrift store for $14.99:

I have no idea how it ever got there. It was just sitting there next to a pile of junk, completely out of place. It was a really good deal so I had to buy it.
I also got my Virtual Station bootleg console for free at a garage sale. It was new in the box and the lady just didn’t know how it would work or what to do with it, and since I knew she decided to just give it to me.

So what about you guys?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really any weird finds or amazing deals that I can think of off the top of my head. Though one of my favorite finds was the Houghton Mifflin Reading books I remember from my first few years of school in the mid/later 80s.

I always kind of wanted a set and one of the very few times I'd been to the local thrift shop they had them. At least two or three of each of those I was familiar with, so I picked out the best copies.

Inside the covers are the lists of the names of kids who the books were assigned to over time. None recognizable, but to think they're all probably mid 30s to early 40s now. Out there somewhere still using those reading skills those books helped teach and improve. Heh.

Spoiler:
These (plus a few more), if anyone recalls them.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not in a thrift shop but in a comic shop going out of business sale I found a boarded and sealed 1st print exclusive copy of New Avengers #1 SIGNED by Bendis with an authenticity certificate with the signiture # and date. In a bin of random comics going at 10 for 1$. It was worth 25$ at the time. I ended up going home with 100 Comics that day, but that one was the one that really made my day.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I've found some key comics for super cheap at flea markets, Amazing Spider-man #16 ($15), Batman #357 ($1) and Incredible Hulk #181 ($25) come to mind. It's been at least a few years since I've had a good flea market find though.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote