The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2023, 05:19 PM   #1
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

Lightbulb Thinking of starting a Podcast on TMNT comics...

I was thinking of starting a podcast on TMNT comics. I know, the last thing the world generally needs is another podcast. But when I looked for ones on TMNT comics in particular it seemed to be missing.

It might be hard to hold interest as a solo white guy doing it though. I used to do a moderately successful Spider-Man podcast, but I had a host and we were tied to a rather large one from the jump. This would be fresh.

So I figured this might be the place to ask. Would you think you might be interested in something like this? If so what would you be looking to hear? An overview, impressions? Issue by issue? Larger movements? Also, I'm not sure how much I can dig up on 'behind the scenes' Honestly I'm not sure what sources people use to do that most of the time anyways, especially now that comicbookdb is no more.

But curious to this community's thoughts.
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:21 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday's Serial View Post
I was thinking of starting a podcast on TMNT comics. I know, the last thing the world generally needs is another podcast. But when I looked for ones on TMNT comics in particular it seemed to be missing.

The Turtlesoup Podcast has been around since 21 October 2012, and attempts to cover all TMNT media. Right now, they're right in the middle of Next Mutation.

http://turtlesoupshow.com/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 11:00 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday's Serial View Post

It might be hard to hold interest as a solo white guy doing it though. I used to do a moderately successful Spider-Man podcast, but I had a host and we were tied to a rather large one from the jump. This would be fresh.

So I figured this might be the place to ask. Would you think you might be interested in something like this? If so what would you be looking to hear? An overview, impressions? Issue by issue? Larger movements? Also, I'm not sure how much I can dig up on 'behind the scenes' Honestly I'm not sure what sources people use to do that most of the time anyways, especially now that comicbookdb is no more.

I'm always willing to cameo on a Ninja Turtle podcast.

Usually to mix it up a bit, the podcasts I either do or took part in we always start with a 'in the news' type thing for updates and such that go beyond the main topic.

For an example I was part of an older TMNT Podcast back when the TMNT 2012 show was still new and airing. We'd start by discussing the most recent episode a bit, any overall TMNT news and then go to the main topic, reviewing episode 1 for example.

I also have a wrestling podcast which is mostly about AEW/RoH but we usually start with any news in wrestling overall, regardless of if it involved AEW or not.

So maybe you can do something similar, start off with TMNT news, like the new movie coming out, latest NECA figures, the fact that they might be streaming the 80's show again etc, then move on to the actual topic at hand.

But anyway, if you need a co-host or a cameo or whatever, I'm always up to talk turtles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote