The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 05:47 PM   #81
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
No, I wasn't the writer on Jem, that was Kelly Thompson! I did get to write the Dimensions one-shot, though, I worked out all my leftover Jem wishes on that.

This current TMNT arc (113-117) actually originally had Armaggon in it, it was more like a Terminator thing, darker with more murder, and the music part was a much smaller aspect, so it definitely wasn't born out of unused Jem ideas.
I would have liked that better and no music necessary except maybe a Vanilla Ice look-alike.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
like Raph gouging out Hob's other eye and Terrorpin eating Hob.

Poor Old Hob.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #83
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Poor Old Hob.
He's got it coming!!!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:20 PM   #84
neatoman
Emperor

Wouldn't it be, i don't know, easier to demutate him or something? Considering we're talking about a series that has already had multiple writers and is expected to have more in the future, it might be better to consider methods of writing out characters in a way that is less permanent in theory?

Killing off characters that are mainstays in a book with multiple writers, is exactly the sort of thing that has lead to nonsense like War Machine, Black Widow, Red Skull and Doctor Octopus being replaced by clones so everyone in-universe can act as if they never died. Worse yet being when the death causes the writers to come up with contradictory resolutions, remember how the Phoenix was just a Jean Grey impostor and Madelyne Pryor was just a look-alike? Too bad they had to screw that one up...

Anyway, there are plenty of ways to write Hob out of the story, here are just a few examples:
  • Transform him back into a regular cat.
  • Banish him to Dimension X.
  • Have the EPF lock him up.

There's really no need to kill him.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
He's got it coming!!!!
Wouldn't he be completely blind then even before being eaten? I can see why that pitch was turned down, Old Hob was introduced in the very first issue and was the breakout character of the IDW universe, having him killed off in such a way would be odd.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #86
Mr_riddler
Random Punk

Wow, Nick Furry doesn't deserve that kind of terrible fate.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:40 AM   #87
Ninjinister
無問題

Ha ha Bob and Carmen, awesome!

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 AM   #88
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

i liked it, good work sophie, you had some good shout outs in this one.
Spoiler:
was suprised tusk and koya became band members, glad my other guesses other than karai being a member were right.

sally's really getting a mane of hair growing and i see derbys still hanging out at the club along with the goth bat chick.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:18 AM   #89
neatoman
Emperor

Can someone remind me again about why any of this matters? What happens if they lose? Bebop and Rocksteady get to play music at a bar whenever they want, that's it. And when this whole mutant town thing is over, then it's not like anyone will visit that makeshift bar ever again. If they win on the other hand, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't allowed to come back to mutant town, which also means nothing. Nobody in mutant town has any real authority and those two guys aren't exactly known to keep promises, why would anyone expect it to matter? And again, mutant town will be resolved somehow down the line, so who cares wheter or not they can set foot in a temporary slum?

The stakes were "Karai can't die or all hell breaks loose" which has effectively already been averted. The only reason for this band to exist is so that they don't "forget to have fun" and to make sure a similar scenario to Lita's future occurs. Of course since Karai already got to live, this future has already been averted and we have no idea about where things are going meaning there are effectively no proper stakes, so why should I care?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:29 AM   #90
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Can someone remind me again about why any of this matters? What happens if they lose? Bebop and Rocksteady get to play music at a bar whenever they want, that's it. And when this whole mutant town thing is over, then it's not like anyone will visit that makeshift bar ever again. If they win on the other hand, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't allowed to come back to mutant town, which also means nothing. Nobody in mutant town has any real authority and those two guys aren't exactly known to keep promises, why would anyone expect it to matter? And again, mutant town will be resolved somehow down the line, so who cares wheter or not they can set foot in a temporary slum?

The stakes were "Karai can't die or all hell breaks loose" which has effectively already been averted. The only reason for this band to exist is so that they don't "forget to have fun" and to make sure a similar scenario to Lita's future occurs. Of course since Karai already got to live, this future has already been averted and we have no idea about where things are going meaning there are effectively no proper stakes, so why should I care?
sometimes, it's about the journey and not the destination.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

Old 04-21-2021, 06:38 AM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like how this issue brought back some of those new recurring mutants we've been seeing in the previous issues for the band, makes it feel like this arc is coming to a close. Glad to see Mona Lisa called out too.

Part of me still feels like all the future stuff Lita is saying is partly false, but who knows.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:15 AM   #92
hypered1
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Star Trek Voyager fan?
Old 04-21-2021, 07:30 AM   #93
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Star Trek Voyager fan?
well, it is the one i grew up watching. mutant towns in a way like voyager, a group of isolated people formed from multiple crews trying to survive with limited resources and in some ways trying to get back to humanity. i'm surprised they didn't get a species 8472 crew member or 2. one things for sure, hob is not tuvok. although sally does remind me of janeway. they also got into all kinds of side stories too.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 04-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #94
superstaff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
This 'journey' feels like going to the dentist, waiting in the lobby for an hour due to your appointment being delayed, then getting your teeth checked, and being told you have a cavity and need to pay $xxx to get it filled.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:00 AM   #95
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
This 'journey' feels like going to the dentist, waiting in the lobby for an hour due to your appointment being delayed, then getting your teeth checked, and being told you have a cavity and need to pay $xxx to get it filled.
and yet, it needed done unless you want to lose the tooth, make your mouth worse from infection, or suffer in pain. i just noticed, leo's got his own garden/greenhouse on the roof. now that they've got the space, the boys are really branching out.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 04-21-2021, 08:17 AM   #96
superstaff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
and yet, it needed done unless you want to lose the tooth, make your mouth worse from infection, or suffer in pain. .
I'm trying to say that it's been boring, long, and kind of annoying.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #97
phillytmnt
Thug

There has been no point to this story arc. It also has been painfully boring to read. And to think this storyline with Future Lita has been teased all the way back since issue 105! I know Sophia can write good stuff. I liked the Karai mini series a lot and her original ideas for this arc sounded good. I’m highly discouraged at the direction of this book. On the positive side, I love the art!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #98
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Quote:
and yet, it needed done unless you want to lose the tooth, make your mouth worse from infection, or suffer in pain.
The easy solution would be go to a different dentist and next time make sure to brush/floss regularly.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #99
superstaff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The easy solution would be go to a different dentist and next time make sure to brush/floss regularly.
Ha. Well, I did drop your book a while ago. But based on what I read here, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much!

And I already do brush and floss regularly.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #100
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Ha. Well, I did drop your book a while ago. But based on what I read here, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much!

And I already do brush and floss regularly.
That's cool! Thanks for sticking around for a bit. Yes always floss!