The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier

1987 Technodrome in 2012 series

I don't think it belongs in the 2012 series. I like both 1987 and 2012. But for some reason it doesn't seem to fit in the 2012 series to me. I know it's a crossover. And Transdimensional Turtles was okay but I never saw the other ones. I like Transdimensional Turtles because the way Dimension-X looked and the blood vessels on the Technodrome's eye. I didn't like Krang subprime banishing Krang from the Technodrome.

The host universe bashing its guests is a recurring problem with crossovers too.

Last edited by the_minimizer; 08-09-2021 at 07:11 AM.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

It doesn't fit because it's a contradiction to even have it there, same thing with Krang himself, or at leas it is in how they wrote it. The Technodrome has a different origin than the 2012 Technodromes and was by all accounts "The" Technodrome, as in others didn't really exist. That, coupled with the design differences, makes it's prescence awkward.

As for "bashing"... I've said a lot about that in the past so I'll just keep it simple, it is very easy to make of fun of the Fred Wolf show and it kind of deserves to be made a mockery of, so it isn't really worth being upset that it ends up being the butt of the jokes here.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:59 PM   #3
sdp
-

I find the 1987 technodrome more menacing than the two crappy death star rip offs redesigns the technodrome got in 2k3 and 2012. The 87 technodrome just looks so alien which is part of its appeal, it doesn't look like a traditional war weapon but you know ****'s about to hit the ceiling when it shows up.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:09 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_minimizer View Post
The host universe bashing its guests is a recurring problem with crossovers too.
Any non-TMNT examples?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:17 AM   #5
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Any non-TMNT examples?
Not really.

Stargate SG-1 Episode The Pegasus Project had Stargate SG-1 members in the Stargate Atlantis galaxy. Atlantis is more of a spin-off of SG-1. Rodney McKay (Stargate Atlantis) gave Colonel Carter (Stargate SG-1) a hard time in that episode.

Last edited by the_minimizer; 08-09-2021 at 07:31 AM.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:52 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Any non-TMNT examples?
I can't think of that many crossovers where characters meet alternative versions of themselves that are considered the main version of previous iterations, period. As in it usually doesn't happen, it's more common for crossovers to be between unrelated franchises.

I think the Ur-Examples are the Earth-1 characters meeting Earth-2 characters back in the 60's. I don't remember those being "disrespectful".

I know there is there is a comic book crossover between Battlestar Galactica and the reboot. The CW adaptation of CoIE is like that. The next Spider-Man movie will allegedly be like that... There's proably more but that is what I can think of.

I think the main reason you don't really see this sort of thing that much is because it's usually kind of lame on principle. Most fiction dealing alternate realities usually focus on some major difference between the version such as:
  • The evil universe
  • The reverse universe
  • The gender swap universe
  • etc.

But reboots don't tend to be different in such an obvious way, or even really in a way that would justify making a crossover. It can very easily come across as "You are just like me except your voice and/or face is different and you met the same people in a different order", which just isn't that interesting.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
As in it usually doesn't happen, it's more common for crossovers to be between unrelated franchises.
Even in those crossovers, you can have one franchise bashing the other.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote