The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
profobligadoo
Mouser

Reading Mirage Issues

Jsie ospsp ospsls

Last edited by profobligadoo; 07-24-2022 at 06:44 PM.
profobligadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by profobligadoo View Post
What other way is there to legally read the Mirage comics without buying single issues? I looked up the collections and on ComiXology and none of them collect all the Mirage comics. Forget all the volumes, not even the full 62 issues. Thanks.
EDIT: So ComixOlogy seems to have all of the Mirage vol 1 and vol 2 issues. Yet the trade collection for Tales Of TMNT stops at vo. 8. Does anyone know if plans to collect the rest of the issues exist? SECOND EDIT: It seems vol 9 was published or planned to be, as it is listed on Amazon without a cover. Does anyone know what happened to it, and the answer to my initial question, if I can read the rest of the issues without resorting to piracy or having to buy them individually?
This section on the Wikipedia page is probably the most complete list of collected editions at the moment:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...ollected_books

The 'missing' Volume 1 issues from around #30 - #50 are the result of various legal and copyright issues, often regarding guest characters.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

The best Legal way to read these comics, or at least the most convenient, is to buy IDW's reprints. While maybe not the best in terms of simple quality, it is by far the easiest way to get most of them.

Now consider this a fair warning, IDW only prints the canon issues of Vol 1 and a couple of side comics in Black and White (with a few exceptions that that aren't collected in th UC for some reason), the rest are colored and Vol 2 has a new coloring despite originally being in color. Also, Rick Veitch's stuff and the Moomesa crossover are not printed at all due to copyright problems. Also, none of the minis from the 2000's, none of vol 4 or anything of Tales vol 2 past issue 25 has been reprinted by IDW.

If you want all of it and all in black and white... well, then you have to be prepared to hunt down the issues. Personally I'm hoping IDW will get back to reprinting Tales vol 2.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote